Leave

Coming Back to You

-- Hyunseong's POV --

I was really worried that I actually couldn't even leave her room. I stayed there for about six hours. But then I saw her sleeping, it looked like she doesn't need me this time. So I left her room so that she could rest.

I walked passed Donghyun hyung's room. The door is wide opened and what I saw was surprising. On his bed, there laid a baggage. He was sorting out his clothes. On his study desk, a medium box is opened, waiting to be filled.

What could this mean?

I hid my body behind the wall and looked at him intensely. He took out his phone and talked to someone.

I couldn't hear some words because of his unusual low and deep voice. A sad tone?

"I won't go to Milan," he said. "But I won't disturb her."

"It won't be like what you want."

Who he was talking with?

"I won't ever showed up, but promise me her happiness."

What thing is it all about?

Suddenly all things clicked. He wanted to leave and never came back. He wanted to leave Dasom.

He might be talking to his father. Why he would leave... this was the thing I still could not understand. What happened between the two that the father wanted his son to leave and the son would leave, yet all they talked about was Dasom?

"What are you doing here?" he snapped at me from the spot he was stood up earlier. He was looking at me while holding some shirts.

"Hyung..." I was hesitated at first, "will you leave?"

"None of your business." He continued to pack up his things.

"With Dasom being like this?"

"Don't you want me to leave as soon as possible?" he put his shirts on the opened baggage.

"Hyung, ... it's just... Okay, I was jealous. That's why that time I thought if you go Dasom would care to me more. But it's not like I wanted to kick you out from her life."

"It's okay. I will go anyway."

 

"Where will you go?"
 

"I can't tell. But I hope you would make Dasom happy while I wasn't here," he said while he stopped in front of his desk. His hands reached for a photograph of him and Somie. I couldn't see his expression. But he looked at it for a long time, as if he was thinking about something. At the end, he put the photo inside the box he prepared.

He closed the box and sealed it with a tape. He went passed me, while I couldn't say anything towards him.

"I will send this first and find some fresh air. Tomorrow morning I will go. So, take care of her. If you can't do it for me, do it for her or for yourself. Just protect her."

That was his last statement before he left me in a dark corridor of their house.

--

 

 

--Donghyun's POV--

I have decided to leave. No matter what people would say. I deserved it for making her like this. If I wasn't her so-called brother, it wouldn't be hard like this for us to be together. If we never met, it wouldn't be this hurtful.

After sending my package at the post office, intead of going home I made a visit to my mom. At least I would tell her and Minwoo not to be too worried.

At least, they were the people I would contact when I was away.

As usual, they greeted me warmly, and that made me felt bad to tell them I needed to go.

"Eomma, Minwoo, there is something I need to tell you." hey looked at me with that same curious yet innocent look. "I will go abroad. Maybe for some years. That's why I have set the scholarship for Minwoo, so you two don't have to be worried."

They looked shock at first but then Minwoo asked me, "where will you go, hyung?"

"Somewhere."

"Please tell us. You have done so much for us. If we don't even know where you will live, we would be so heartless," finally my mom said.

"Japan. But you don't need to tell anyone. No one needs to know."

"aaah, but whyyy hyung?" Minwoo whined.

"Minwoo..." said my mom, "go inside."

He still wanted to stay but he went inside the store anyway.

"Eomma..."

"I could tell there is something wrong with my son. Tell me..."

"It's... I just need to go so that some people can be happy. That's it, eomma."

"So, you're sacrificing yourself? They will be happy, but how about you, Dongjunnie, ah now, you're Donghyun."

I smiled a bit when she still called me with my old name.

"Yes. And I want them to be happy without me."

"You can sacrifice yourself," she said, "but you have to know that it's not easy. How about yourself? It's okay to sacrifice for other people, but it's also okay to look at yourself and be honest to what you feel. It is not always about people. Somehow you have to think about yourself too."

"I know eomma. I just want to pay for what I have caused."

She only nodded and looked down. "I think you have already thought about it. I don't have any thing to oppose. I just hope you will live happily, everywhere you are. I have always prayed about that."

"I will eomma. You don't need to worry. I can take care of myself. Minwoo needs you more than me."

"I know you're mature now," she patted my head. "Once you are there, contact me and Minwoo."

"I will, promise." I said and I stood up.

"Hyung hyung hyung~~~ Wait..." said Minwoo. He came out with a big canvas bag and some boxes inside.

"What is that?" I asked.

"This is food. Kimchi, seaweed, chili paste, rice paper rolls, and my yogurt stock." he said while giving the bag to me. "Take it hyung. You can't find them there."

"Don't tell me you took them all from the fridge..." said eomma. He only gave a small nod.

Minwoo was surely funny in his own way. "Minwoo, Those food can be found there. Maybe I just need kimchi and chili paste."

"Take it all hyung!"

He grinned really wide.

"I also already took a note of my phone number, our house phone number, eomma's phone number, also my school's phone."
 

That made me laugh. Why was he so eager? "ahahah.. Minwoo,"

"Why?" he asked in innocent tone, which reminds me of Somie.

"You're so funny."

"Am I? I'm just trying to be a nice dongsaeng,"

"Yeah yeah, you're a nice one, Minwoo-ya," said eomma while holding her smile.

"Now Donghyun, go home before Minwoo gave you all food in our fridge." said eomma jokingly.

--

 

 

--Dasom's POV--

I opened my eyes. I was laying on my bed. My body felt really weak and light. I stared on the ceiling, trying to recall what was happened. The sunlight from the window signalling that this was early in the morning.

I heard some footsteps coming through the corridor. It went closer. I looked at my door which was opened. Donghyun oppa was walking, he was carrying the baggage. Where would he go?

"Oppa...", I called with hoarse voice. It was hard to sat up but I finally managed to do so. His footsteps stopped. Then I could hear he continued walking. 

"Oppaa..," I called again with louder voice. I tried to stand up but I failed miserably. I ended up fell down on the cold floor.

I heard the footsteps were going further and further.

"Dasom-ah.." 

It was Hyunseong.

"Where will oppa go? Where?" I said in panic. He grabbed and hugged me.

"Where is he going?" I asked and hit him. "Let me go. I want to stop him. Why wouldn't you stop him?" I cried.

"Dasom, enough. Please stay calm. It's his decision." he hugged me tight, not bothered with my action.

"No! I want to go. I need to stop him. Hyunseong-ah..."

He didn't say anything but he stayed and hugged me when I was crying.

Why would Donghyun oppa go... There's a thing I need to tell him.

--