Remembrance

Coming Back to You

 

Dasom's POV

I stood up. "Hyunseong, I want to sleep now." I said, trying to avoid him again. I was about to move when suddenly, Hyunseong stood up and then kneeled down.

"Dasom-ah, wait," he said.

He took my left hand and slipped a ring on my ring finger.

"H-hyunseong……"

"This is our engagement ring, the old one has gone the day you had accident." he said.

I was surprised. The ring was beautiful, a simple design, a bright diamond. It hugged my finger perfectly.

He stood up and faced me. "It's okay if you don't remember, we can start it all again, my fiancee."

Then he kissed me, more like a long peck. I was so shocked to experience this. K-kiss? I was frozen.

He kissed me. But then, that voice were ringing again in my head. Was it really his voice?

I could do nothing. I stood there and didn't move even a bit.

He broke up the kiss and smiled happily. However, it was an awkward moment for me.
"Good night," he said.

I could only nodded. I felt nervous and I could feel my cheeks flushed. I turned around only to find Donghyun oppa saw everything from the second floor.

I don't know why but a feeling of guilt came to me.

I went to the second floor, still looking at oppa's expression. I felt a bit afraid that he would be angry to see me being kissed like that. He was so protective, right?

Wait, where did I get this assumption?

Did it mean that I started to remember things?

I had to pass him before I went to my room. I didn't know what to say. His eyes were following my every move. His stare was calm but intimidating.

One step, two step, I came closer to him.

When I was right in front of him,

"Good night. Sleep well," he said. He messed my hair. He started to walk pass me.

And before I could ask, he quickly said, "I want to talk to Grandpa first. Go to sleep soon." Donghyun oppa turned around only to show me his smile.

A bitter smile.

I went to my room with an empty feeling. He was weird. Donghyun oppa was weird.

I looked at a photo of Donghyun oppa and me when we were kids.

We looked really happy in that photo, with him holding my hand. He smiled at the camera, but I was looking at him, smiling at him.

Seeing this kind of memory, I smiled wide, but I also felt there was a hole inside my heart.

I could not remember anything about our childhood. I could only dream about that. About little Donghyun who calmed little Dasom after she fell down.

I wanted to be close to him, I wanted to be close with my brother, Donghyun oppa.

I saw a small thing that earlier one of the maid said as a cell phone. She had told me to use the phone, to send a text message, call, chatting and so on. I took a look at the contacts menu. There, Donghyun oppa's contact number was there, with a photo of him smiling. 

Why now even your happy smile hurt me? 

 

 

--Donghyun's POV--

 

The scene was still playing in my head. Hyunseong kissed her. I could show her my fake smile but this heart could not lie. It hurt.

I headed to grandpa's room, avoiding Hyunseong. I really did not want to talk to him when I was like this, and he was the cause. I knocked the door and waited until Grandpa's voice told me to get in.

"So, Donghyun. Tell me what did you find today?" he asked when he saw me walking towards him.

That question shocked me. So, Grandpa knew? I stopped my steps.

"I knew it, little boy. But I am not objecting that. And, supposedly, you came here to talk about your position?"

There was nothing I could say, so I only nodded.

"Then have a seat and tell me,"

I sat beside him. He sat comfortably, waiting for what I would say.

"Grandpa,… I decide to use my savings and salary that I have gotten to give a scholarship."

"Scholarship? Interesting. Who would you support? That little boy from 'No' family?" he asked with a smile. It was not a cynic one. It was a genuine smile.

"Yes, but I need your name, Grandpa. If appa finds out, I'm afraid he would object and punish me because I found my blood-related family without asking him first,"

I continued, "he already dislikes me from the start. I don't want him to hate my family too."

"Hahahaha," he laughed, "just ignore him. Since when I never grant your wishes?"

"Thank you, Grandpa." He was really nice.

"Another thing." I said, not wanting to go.

"What is that?"

"Can we make an investigation on Dasom's accident case? I really want to know what happened at that time." I really want to know, whether the cause of her accident was me or not.

"Your dad's people already did that. But we can't hold another investigation. It is too risky for the company if people know the daughter of the CEO loses her memory. If you want, I will ask for some data about that."

"Yes, grandpa, please."

"Okaay, don't be so melancholic. Now go to sleep."

"Yes, grandpa." I was about to go when suddenly a weird idea appear in my mind.

"Grandpa... how if.. if I go from this family..." I was surprised with my own thought. It seemed my whole world was destructed the moment I saw Hyunseong kissed Somie.

"Don't say such a thing, Donghyun. Like you could live without Dasom..." he said.

He was right. Even though I was hurt, I could never imagine living without her. That was why I was really frustrated when I heard she had an accident. Partly, it was my fault.

My fault. I called her before the accident happened.

--

I was laying in my room when suddenly my phone beeped.Two chat messages. I read the sender name. "Somie". This girl... sending me chat messages when our room was just some steps apart.

Dasom:Oppaa....  01:21 AM

Dasom: Have you sleep? 01:21 AM

Donghyun: Nope. Not yet... 01:22 AM

Donghyun: Shouldn't you sleep? 01:22 AM

There was a break for about a half minute.

Donghyun : Somie? 01:22 AM

Dasom: Oppa... mianhae >< You saw everything. 01:23 AM

Donghyun: Can we not talk about this now? You need to sleep 01:23 AM

Dasom: But... 01:23 AM

'Dasom is typing' was shown in the screen, on- and off. Like she was hesitating to chat me.

Dasom: I think we became further. 01:24 AM

Donghyun: No, we aren't. You're still my sister. 01:24 AM

Dasom: I know, but... 01:24 AM

Donghyun: Go to sleep. I am not mad, and I am still your brother :) 01:25 AM

My eyes were really sleepy. I didn't want to talk about that kiss again at this time.

Dasom: Oppa.. 01:25 AM

Donghyun: Good night. Sleep soon 01:25 AM

Dasom: Good night... 01:25 AM

Dasom: I love you 01:25 AM

She typed that... 

Donghyun: You love me as...? 01:26 AM

Dasom: Huh? 01:26 AM

Donghyun: Nope, good night. 01:26 AM

I put my phone on the drawer beside my bed. I smiled bitterly to myself. She loved me as her brother, right? The one she had to love was Hyunseong, not me.

And I was the one who wrongly loved you from the start, Kim Dasom...

 

 

------------------------

 

Update updatee >w<