Restraining

Coming Back to You

Author's note:

Teehee, to the readers who assumed that they had already married, nope, they haven't married yet.

Donghyun was having a problem with his feeling. Ego vs. reality.

 

--

"I know you loved her, but please hold the marriage, Donghyun."

 

"Appa…", Donghyun desperately called Dasom's dad.

 

"I hope you really make your promise," said the voice. "No marriage before the business is settled," he added.

 

Donghyun sighed, but later answered," yes, Appa."

 

"Listen, when I approved this engagement, you promised me to take care of the company and Dasom. So please, Donghyun."

--

Donghyun remembered that scene, when he and Dasom's father talked about the future on the phone a week ago. When Donghyun was so eager to hold a wedding for them, when Donghyun wanted to express his love freely toward her, but Donghyun knew Mr.Kim was right.

 

There wouldn't be any marriage before he could settle the company down. Therefore, even though he had to work hard and restrain himself, he would do it.

 

However, lately things had become so hard for him to control his urge. There were only the two of them in their apartment. Even though they slept in different rooms, it was hard not to have those thoughts about having her for his own. As much as he wanted to do that, he found it more difficult and awkward to avoid those thoughts. He wanted to hug her, kiss her and even do more to her. But as a man, he realized his desire could be dangerous. The more he got, the more he wanted from Dasom.

 

With Dasom being innocent and clueless that she had woken up the passion in him, Donghyun was so tortured. He couldn't act normal, so he decided to stay away from her these days.

 

That was why he wanted a marriage to be held. But, as Mr. Kim said, he couldn't just marry her for that. That meant he needed to restrain himself more in front of her.

 

When Hyunseong asked him why he was so cold towards Dasom, that was when he knew Dasom was hurt by his action. He made her disappointed. She might felt unwanted because of him. But what could he do?

 

--

 

Donghyun was still waiting for Dasom to come home. He the TV, hoping the clock would move faster and the door would be opened by Dasom, just to show him her smile. So that was what Dasom thought when she was waiting for him to come home.

His attention was averted to the TV screen when he saw a weather forecast. It was said that there would be a light storm in a while. Donghyun looked at the window. The rain had been started for about ten minutes. Where was Dasom? Did she knew about the storm? Wasn't she always afraid of storm?

 

Donghyun quickly called her.

 

"Somie, where are you?" Donghyun said. A panic tone could be heard.

 

"I'll be home late," Dasom said, uninterested.

 

"There will be a storm, Somie. I'm not lying and it's raining now," Donghyun tried to explain. "Where are you?" He was worried about her. Dasom who was afraid of storm was probably alone in a strange place.

 

"A-at the cafe. The cafe we visited the first day." Dasom finally gave in and told him where she was. Donghyun was a bit relieved to know that Dasom didn't go too far.

 

"I'll be there soon. Wait and stay inside the cafe," he told her. Running to the front door, he took a big umbrella and left the house soon.

 

On the other side, Dasom felt scared yet relieved. Scared because there would be a storm that she was always afraid of. Then she felt relieved because Donghyun was going to take her home. She also felt guilty because she was avoiding him all afternoon. Sadness, anger, her emotion mixed up till she didn't know what happened inside her heart. She was drowned by her own feeling.

 

The door of the cafe opened and the bell chimed. There, the wet Donghyun came. The moment he looked at Dasom, the worried on his eyes changed into a warmer expression. Dasom, on the other hand, was looking back at him without being able to do anything.

 

"Somie…," he held his breath, "let's go home."

 

The girl only nodded and walked with him when he grabbed her hand with his cold fingers. They left the cafe without any conversation. Dasom hoped they could arrived home faster before Donghyun could talk to her. However, the rain became heavier and their umbrella couldn't protect them from the wind that let the rain soak them.

 

Donghyun made her closer to him, in case there would be any thunder soon. They walked rather fast because of the rain that was getting heavier. Their clothes and hair were wet, but they didn't have any option. Their only hope was so that the storm would stop.

 

They reached the door of their unit fifteen minutes later, all soaked. As soon as they got in, the sound of the storm was getting louder. Dasom was frozen in her position. Donghyun, knowing that she was afraid, immediately closed the door. He felt relieved that they were already inside.

 

It was cold, and Dasom was shivering, a half part of her felt cold, but another part of her felt emotional. He was always like this, from the start until now. He would act like he didn’t care, but at difficult times, he would appear and saved her.

 

It always made her confused, whether he really loved her or not. She didn’t know which side of him was true. At one time she felt unwanted, but at a glance she would felt the opposite. This was too confusing for her.

 

Her emotion took control of her and she felt bitter. Her feeling made her say things she actually didn’t want to say.

 

“Stop being like this. I hate your different sides from time to time.”

 

Her sentences shocked Donghyun. He acknowledged it, that change of his feeling was too real. He knew she was right and that wasn’t her fault.

 

“Let me explain, Somie…” he said. He tried to hold her hand, but she shook his hand off.

 

“Stop it. If that’s because you don’t love me anymore……….” Dasom couldn’t continue. Her voice was shaky, her breath was irregular.

 

“No, please... listen…” Donghyun held her in his hug, while Dasom was struggling.

 

“I don’t want to…. I don’t want…” Dasom said while using her energy to escape Donghyun’s hug. She knew once he hugged and calmed her down, she would forgive him and the whole things were going to be repeated again. And she didn’t want that.

 

Donghyun suddenly held her shoulders. His grip was strong. “Listen to me,” he said in a scary tone. Dasom looked at him with a terrified expression.

 

“PLEASE LISTEN TO ME…,” Donghyun snapped.

 

“I knew you’re hurt. I know, Somie….” Tears were starting to pool around his eyes.

 

“Do you know what I want?” he asked her.

 

Dasom held her breath. She was preparing herself for the worst sentence Donghyun could say to her. He was angry. Would he say goodbye?

 

Then, when Dasom expected words as explanation, Donghyun kissed her. His hands were already cupping her face when her mind registered it. It was a different kiss. Dasom closed her eyes while tears were rolling down. Donghyun had never kissed her with such emotion. Anger, desperation, needs, love, those were reflected by their kiss. His kiss was more demanding than before. It was like he didn’t want to lose her.

 

She cried in their kiss. She knew he loved her…

Her lips felt cold when Donghyun’s left them. She immediately saw his eyes and there was a fear there. Dasom could only look at him. She was paralyzed by his action.

 

He sighed for a while before saying, “I have always wanted to do this. When you’re around, when I look at you, when I think of you….” Donghyun took a deep breath and continued what he meant to say. His hands were still around her cheeks.

 

“But If I do, I would want more, Dasom…., I wouldn’t be able to make my promise to settle the business first before we plan our future.”

 

Dasom knew this time he was serious. She knew it was hard for him to talk like this. But she’s still clueless on what happened.

 

“I am a man too. I need……… I couldn’t risk your future for my love and desire,” Donghyun looked down.

 

“Oppa…”

 

“That was why I avoided you…”

 

That was a big confession. Dasom was startled by this confession. She thought he didn’t love her anymore. She thought there was a change in his heart. But the cause was actually was his will to make his promise to her father.

 

“Pabo…” Dasom said.

 

“I know, I am. But the more I see you, the more I want you right here, right now, the more my desire grows. And I don’t want to let you and,….. our future child to bear the unready future I have ruined.”

 

Dasom didn’t know what to say at this point.

--

 

Stay tune for the next chapter(s)~!