On The Other Side

Coming Back to You

-- Hyunseong's POV --

When Donghyun hyung left the table, Dasom quickly followed him. She was worrying him more than herself. And that was the thing that had made me mad at her before she lost her memory.

Dasom, which person was the most important for you? Donghyun hyung or me?

I had to met their father. He previously called me and said that he wanted to talk about my relationship.

Relationship.

I loved her. If I had to recall, the first time I saw her was at the time when Mr. Kim had his birthday. At that time we were still fifteen.

--

It was love at the first sight. I fell in love with her by only looking at her. At that time, I didn't even know her name, I had never heard her voice, I had never known about her attitude. I just knew that she was Mr. Kim's daughter. My first love.

When our fathers introduced me to her and Donghyun hyung, I was staring at her like a retarded person until Donghyun hyung had to elbow my stomach so I would stop staring at her. 

Since then, my friendship with Kim siblings started. A silly boy, Shim Hyunseong, followed Kim Donghyun everywhere, hoping to see his little sister. I became Donghyun hyung's friend. We became closer like brothers. But the same thing never happened to me and Dasom. It was always awkward. I was always a fool in front of her. I tried to act cool, but always ended up made her laugh. But that was okay for me. As long as I could see her, it was fine.

And one day, I really asked her out.

"D-Dasom..."

"Um, nae?" she looked at me with an innocent stare.

"I... I realized that I love you. Um... it... it... doesn't... uh..." It was hard to explain. She was already staring at me, blankly, seemed like not believing what I said earlier.

"I love you," I said to her, " can we... start as a couple?" 

She looked down. I knew it was quite surprising, but I was serious. "It-it's okay if you can't answer now. I will be waiting for you." 

"Let me think about it, nae? Give me three days." 

To my surprise, she didn't reject me. That sentence blew my mind. Would she accept me, I asked myself at that time.

Three days later she said yes and we started to date. From that time, days were full of good memories between us.

Until one day....

--

I knocked on the door only to hear a voice responding, "come in."

It was Mr. Kim. As promised, i came to his office. He said he had something that he would like to talk with me, which I didn't know what it was.

I came in and a low room temperature welcoming me as soon as I stepped my left foot on the gray marble floor. The intimidating aura was there, Mr. Kim's aura. It was similar to Donghyun hyung's, but Mr. Kim's aura froze even your spine.

"Hyunseong, please sit down," asked him to me, which I quickly complied without saying anything.

"Hyunseong, I want to ask you something." said Mr.Kim while he was looking straight into my eyes. I had never seen him so serious towards me.

"Y-yes..."

"Do you really love Dasom?"

"Of course," I answered quickly,"I love her."

He stayed silent for a while, and that silence was killing me slowly.

"Then... can you promise one thing? You have to marry her and make her happy." It was a surprising statement.

"I... I... I will.."

"Promise me, no matter what, you will marry her and make her happy."

"I.. promise."

"Thank you." he said. His stare was a bit warmer than before. "I want you to marry her soon, Hyunseong. The sooner, the better..."

What?

My jaw dropped.

"Are you serious, Mr.Kim?" It wasn't that I didn't want to marry her. I was serious when I said I love her. I was seriously really want to marry her when I proposed her at the day of the accident.

It was surprising. I didn't expect right after we cancelled the engagement because of the accident, he brought this idea again. I knew last night I gave her ring, but I hadn't think that I would step this far in such a short time...

"I'm serious. Marry her, start a happy life with her, and take care of her and the company. I will give it to you both. Is six month enough for the preparation?"

His words seemed so easy, like a fairytale. Wait, the company……

"Did you say, the company, Mr.Kim?" I asked carefully.

"Yes," he said "Our company, this company, Hyunseong."

"B-but…" I didn't know where to start, "……how about, Donghyun hyung? He's your first son. Won't you give it to him?"

He looked hesitated. "I… have another plan for him. Don't worry. He can go to Milan to take care of the business there."

So, he wanted Donghyun hyung to expand their business in Milan. I knew their family was just started a new business there. It was barely a small business. But I still thought it was weird to give your family company to another person if you have a great son who had sharp analysis in business like Donghyun hyung. Maybe he was needed there, but with his thing, he could run this big company. He could handle things well, very well, more than anyone else.

And his father wanted him to be in a place far away, with a small business.

What's wrong with this family? Or, to be more precise, what made Mr.Kim make such a weird decision?

"Why would you send him to Milan, Mr. Kim?" I asked. 

"It is our family matter for now. You don't need to think about it. So, back to our topic. Is six month enough? I am expecting you to marry her in six month. Will you do that?"

.....

--------------------

Special Chapter for Hyunseong ^^ 

Ahaha, happy belated birthday, Seongie... :p

 

Thank you for the subscribers and your precious comments ^^