Distance

Coming Back to You

--Donghyun's POV--

I was alone in my room. I put my laptop at my work table and sat down. I learnt about Somie's accident once again, while waiting for dinner time. This time, it was the report of technical checking of her car. I drank my coffee before I read the first word. I found something foolish and it made me regret. 

They found nothing wrong in the car, except one thing.  There was a metal bar inside the driver head seat. The one she always complained about. And the one who had prevented her from fixing the seat was me.

--

"Ah, oppa.. there is something wrong with my seat," she whined once when she arrived at home one day. 

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"There's something hard inside the head rest,"

"But you will not use the head seat when you're driving, right?" I insisted.

"uuumm.." she pouted. I only messed her hair without doing something. I didn't even bother to check. That simple thing that I thought would not be serious at that time. Something that I had never imagined could lead into this problem.

--

I did not find anything in her email and phone message transcript. I just had to check on the recording of CCTV and her phone conversation. But then a knock stopped me from what I was doing. I closed all files and opened any random document I had.

"Hyung.." It was Hyunseong.

"Come in." I said, waiting for him.

The door was opened, and he showed up with a timid smile.

"Uhm.. Hyung..."

"Is it dinner time already? I'll go downstairs soon." I said, hiding the fact that I had the data about Somie's accident. Hyunseong did not need to know. It was enough that I knew.

"No, hyung... I just want to talk about something." he said, looking straight at me. It was easy to guess. Somie.

"Yes, is there anything you want to ask about the company?" I asked, tried to avert the topic.

"No. Dasom." he said straight.

 

He sighed and then continue, " I want to talk about her with you."

"Then you can sit first. What's wrong? Nothing, right?" I said while still looking at my document, trying to reduce my own worries.

"We will get married soon, Hyung. Your father said it would be six months from now."

His words stopped everything I was doing. Maybe my heart also skipped a beat hearing that news. What was her father's plan? bWas he serious to let his daughter marry someone she did not even remember?

"Hyung..." he called me again.

"Yeah?"

"I know you are her brother and you two are quite close, but that makes me uncomfortable. So... would you mind... if you..." he could not continue.

"If I can take a step back from her? That's the thing you want me to do?" I blurted.

"Hyung.. It's not like I forbid you from being close to her. It's just.... umm..."

"I understand." that was my answer. I didn't know why. I guess I was just being sensitive with this thing, but I was sure I dislike the way he talked to me.

"Hyung, you still don't understand. What I mean is..."

"To distance myself from her, so that she would not be dependant on me. I know, Hyunseong. I know,"

"Hyung... "

"I know, just like that time when you told me you were jealous because we were too close and you were ignored." I reasoned.

"HYUNG!" he said in a high tone.

"What?!" I shouted back.

"Why do we have to fight? What I mean is I don't want her to-"

"to be close to me." I answered lazily then I crossed my arm.

"HYUNG! Listen first, could you?!" he shouted.

 

The door opened. The first thing we did was looking at whoever opened that door at that critical time.

"What's wrong with you two?" Somie asked. She was panic to see us.

"Nothing," I answered cold. 

"I guess we have finished and there's nothing to talk about. So please leave my room. I need to work. You know where the door is." I said, cold, and harsh.

"O-oppa.."

"You too, Somie. Please.. I need a space to work on my things." I pleaded.

"Let's go Dasom-ah... Hyung needs to think on his own," he said coldly.

He led her out, while I was only standing there, looking at them, regretting the way I chose. 

 

Mr. Kim was really out of his mind. How could he do this to his own daughter, his only daughter?

I quickly pressed his number on my phone.

 

"Hello," I said, starting the conversation.

"So, you already find out? Good." 

Good? He already arranged this. I knew it. 

"Listen Donghyun... You don't have to worry. Let them happy, and I had a good plan waiting for you in Milan. That's it."

"But..."

"I have told you, there will be no bargain in our business." 

Then he hung up.

Why did I have to live like this?

--

 

 

>w< update update~ So which team are you? :3