Can't Love

Coming Back to You

--Dasom's POV --

Hyunseong brought me out from Oppa's room.  Before he walked too far I stopped  him and turned to face him. 

"Hyunseong.. what is this all about? Why did you fight?"

"It's just... I wanted to asked him not to let you always depend on him. You have me, and he has business to do. I don't want you to disturb him. He will be going to Milan soon, after our wedding...."

The last sentence... Milan... That place is far from here, right?

"W-what...?"

" I knew you would react like this, that's why I don't want you to always depend on him. I-" "But he is my brother! Can't I?" I said emotionally, cutting anything he wanted to say.

"Somie, calm down, please," he said and quickly hugged my trembling body. "I knew you would be like this. That is why I actually did not want you to know. Please.. It looks like I am selfish, but I really think about you."

I sighed. I didn't understand. I just couldn't think about anything. Donghyun oppa will go after my wedding. Did he plan this? So, he didn't want to see me again?

Without saying anything I went to his room again. The door was still open from earlier. There he was, sitting in front of his laptop, using his headphone. I just wanted to explode on him, but then I saw his left hand. It was bruised. Did he, punch something?

I got closer and took his hand. He looked surprised. Taking off his headphone, he looked at me like he was staring at a ghost.

"Why are you here?"

"Your hand is bruised. Look..." I showed him the bruised part and touched it a bit. Oppa winced. I could see that it was painful.

"Somie.. it;s okay."

"What is okay? Aigoo.. look at this... how if you can't play piano again after this?" I asked him. Wait.. Did he play piano? Could he? I didn't remember, right?

"Why do you still saying the same words everytime I hurt my hand, huh?" he asked. Not long after that, he also made a surprised expression. He stood up and held my shoulders.

"Did you... remember?"

"I... I guess... I just remembered it suddenly." 

And a hug happened. It felt warm, his hug. He hugged me, which made my heart warm.  My hands got its way to reach his back. I didn't know what happened, my body moved on its own, and it did not feel wrong.

"You remember it a bit," he smiled, which was responded with a nod from me.

That expression, when Oppa was so happy.... I liked that expression. I liked that smile. I wanted to see that smile again and again. but then, If he was going to Milan... 

Walking back from his back, I went out and asked a maid for the first-aid box and other things to heal a bruise. He would go to Milan, that was all I was thinking about. The maid gave me an ice, so that was what I brought back.

"Here oppa, put it so it won't be too painful."

Half whispered, he said, "it has already been painful since the start."

What had been painful? Did he hate me, so it was painful for him?

"What is painful?" asked me.

"Nope. You heard it wrong. Go and have your dinner. I can take care of myself." 

Being all cold again, that what he would do after he sowed me a bit of his soft side. I thought the moment he hugged me he would not be like this anymore. Did he hate me?

"Hey, Somie. Have your dinner soon. You haven't got lunch because you visited the doctor, You didn't have a proper breakfast too."

If you were worried, couldn't you express it in a nicer way?

"You too, right? You have to eat too."

"I would find something else to eat. You just have to eat first."

"I wouldn't know whether you eat or not." I said, pretending to be mad. Being cold was not too hard.

"I wanted to eat somewhere. Why do you have to know? I am not a kid"

"Because I do care, Oppa. I would see by myself that you eat properly, as you said to me before."

Sighed, he finally said, "Fine. But don't regret what you have been said."

His tone was cold. It seemed that he was mad. Where would he take me?

 

-- Donghyun's POV--

 

Why did she act like this? Suddenly appeared in my room when I was watching the CCTV recording. Thankfully she hadn't seen that thing. Then she took my hand, only to say words I missed from her. 

"What is okay? Aigoo.. look at this... how if you can't play piano again after this?"

She always said that whenever I hurt my hand. She had been supportive towards my dream of being a pianist. And now she said it again, the same words, as if she had remembered everything. As if it was the old her talking to me.

And I did the worst mistake. I let my feeling took over and I hugged her. That action only made me stabbed myself inside. It hurt.I could hug her but I could not have her. I could be nice at her but I could not love her.

Now she acted being stubborn only to see me eat. If you really took care of me, I would not be able to forget you. I would not be able to act as a brother towards you. I would not be able to see you happy because of another man.

Those innocent eyes looked at me. "Before we go, change your clothes first. Wear something warm." I commanded. 

She only nodded and went straight to her room. I looked at the ice pack she brought and put it on the bruised part. Why was I being so stupid by punching the wall? 

Ice. I smiled looking at the ice. An ice is cold but it heals. I might be cold, but I wanted to protect you, heal your wounds and bruises. 

Dasom.... could I be a good brother for you? Purely good brother..

 

After five minutes, a simple yet cute outfit was worn. She quickly grabbed my hand and pulled me to quickly go. She said to go quickly and she said that she didn't even told Hyunseong. Somehow this made my feeling happy but it hurt me at the same time.

We headed to my eomma's small food-stall. She was looking at me with a curious look until we arrived. It was cute, to be honest.

I told her to sit down while I went to see eomma and Minwoo.

"Hyung!" said a familiar voice. Minwoo, with his big smile also waved to Somie.

"Hyung! Is she really your sister? Then she is my sister as well!"

"Ah, good you mention that. Minwoo..." I dragged him further from Somie. "She is actually not my sister. You know I was adopted. And, she hasn't know that. So, could you please keep it as a secret? She would freak out if she knew."

"Aaah... that's why. So you are in love with her, right, Hyung?" he asked a bit louder.

"Hey, hey," I covered his mouth. "Don't talk too loud."

"Ahaha, okay hyung. Why did you take her here?" Then he showed a naughty smirk.

"Do you want to introduce her to eomma?" .

"No. We just come to eat. And I really want to eat eomma's food right now, but she forced me to bring her. That's why we are here."

Minwoo nodded. "But why did you tell me that much hyung?"

"Eish... this kid. Is eomma in the kitchen?"

"Yes, Captain! Oh, by the way, hyung, you can phone us and I will deliver the food for you. It is called deli- what is that... um...deli..."

"DELIVERY, Minwoo-ya" I answered.

"Ah, right!! Delivery!" His reaction was like a cartoon who had a lightbulb above his head. I headed to the kitchen to found eomma was still cooking. There were not many people came, but she always seemed busy.

 

"Eomma..."

"Oh, Dongjun-ah! Ah, no. Donghyun. Why are you here?"

"I just want to eat your food," said me, while acting like a kid.

"This kid," she hit my head playfully. "Thank you for the scholarship. I know you set this all."

"It's nothing, eomma. Really."

"Still pretending, huh? By the way, is that your girlfriend?" she asked when she spotted Somie who was talking with Minwoo.

"No. She is a daughter of Kim family. Kim Dasom. She acknowledges me as her oppa." I said, still couldn't take my eyes off from Somie.

"You love her, right?" Checkmate.

"E-eh? What? I-it's not like that eomma." That made me stuttered. 

"Only seeing you looking at her, I could know. Your appa also gave the same look." That brought silence between us.

"Ah, go back to the table before Minwoo flirts with his aegyo."

"Ahaha, okay." I was about to get out from the kitchen when I remembered something, "Eomma..."

"Mm?"

"It doesn't matter, just bring anything you cook. It will be delicious. It doesn't have to be so special. I will like it."

"Okay, big boy. Now go outside and get Minwoo here. He needs to help me"

"Yes, Ma'am."

I went outside and Minwoo stood up from his seat when he saw me. That mischievous smile was plastered perfectly on his face. I was curious what things he said to her.

 

---