Can't Stop Loving You

Coming Back to You

--Donghyun's POV--

 

"She is…"

 

"I'm his sister. Kim Dasom. Nice to meet you," she said. She bowed and smiled lightly. Right, my sister, and for you that's not gonna changed, wasn't it?

"I am No Minwoo. Nice to meet you too, noona." He bowed. Minwoo then continue, "me too, I am Hyung's half d-…"

"Student No Minwoo, The principal is looking for you," one of the student called Minwoo before he told Somie. I was glad that he wasn't able to say that 'half dongsaeng part'. Somie would freak out.

"Ah yes. Thank you." Minwoo said. Then he averted his gaze to us. "We will continue later, hyung, noona." He walked to the principal office, and I know what would happen after that.

"Oppa, is he one of your friend? Like Hyunseong?"

"Mm, yeah.. more or less. Do you want to sit?" I asked her while looking around finding a bench or chairs to sit down. Nothing.

 

The situation of the corridor was now much better than before. Not much students running.

She nodded then she led me to the stairs. She sat there and leaned her head to the wall, almost closing her eyes.

Without thinking I sat beside her and move her head swiftly to leaned against my shoulder. When I realized what I had done, it still hurt. How I used to treat her as my most important person, how I always did those things to protect her, all of them ran like a short movie in my head. It hurt when at the end I knew she would never be mine.

She knew I loved her and I wasn't her biological brother before the accident, but it seemed like God even did not want her to know that fact so that she ended up forgetting all of the memories.

 

She was still there, leaning on my shoulder. I took a glance on her. Her eyes were closed, her breathing was slow. She was asleep. That must be because she slept late last night. It was also my fault.

"I'm sorry. Oppa is sorry," I said, looking at her.

Many students looked at us with a weird stares. Maybe they were wondering why these guy and girl were sitting on their school stairs.

 

I heard a notification alert from my phone. I took my phone, trying not moving too much since I did not want to wake Somie. It was an email from someone. I did not know this email address.

The email had no message inside. But it has so many attachments.

A chronological explanation, a CCTV recording, a medical explanation on her amnesia, a report of technical checking of her car, a record of Somie's phone conversation on that day, her email conversation and phone messages.

This must be the data that Grandpa said last night!

I looked at Somie who was sleeping without knowing everything. Why did I do this much for you? A bitter smile was formed.

 

"Hyung!" Minwoo's voice called me. I turned my sight to see Grandpa went out from the office with Minwoo pushing his wheelchair.

I waved at them. Grandpa smiled widely and so did Minwoo.

They came closer and Minwoo whispered to me, "Hyung, I never know that you can treat your sister like this. She looked like your girlfriend," he teased me.

I smirked at him. "What? We're siblings," I said.

"Donghyun, you didn't choose the wrong person. He is a good boy," Grandpa said. Minwoo only flashed us his smile.

"I know, Grandpa," I answered.

"Mr. Kim, Hyung, I need to eat my lunch. So, maybe, see you later?" Minwoo asked.

"Okay, see you later, young man," said Grandpa.

"Bye Minwoo,"

Minwoo bowed and start walking through the corridor. We watched until he turned and he went away from our sight.

 

Somie's head moved a bit and that made her head slide down to. She was still asleep. I kept her head with my hand, positioning it to the previous position. She moved a bit, closer to my neck.

"Don't forget to take her to hospital," Grandpa said. "I think I have to go home. Go accompany her, Donghyun."

I nodded and looked at her face.

"Wake her up and don't look at her with a silly look like that." Grandpa said, teasing me again.

"I understand, Grandpa." I smiled at him.

Then Grandpa called the nurse to pushed his wheelchair. Grandpa went home. I did think this is his plan to make me realized that I could not forget my love towards you, Kim Dasom.

 

I poked Somie's cheek. "Somie.. wake up. We need to go to the hospital,"

"Eum?" she asked before even opened her eyes. Slowly, her eyes were opened, and she sat up.

"Oppa... how long have I slept?"

"Maybe about ten minutes. Let's go."

I stood up and held her hands to help her to get up. If you asked me how could it feel so natural to hold her hand, I didn't know. It was just happened like that.

 

--

We drove to the hospital and soon met Dr. Cho. She did a CT scan and a MRI scan. After those procedures, she got into Dr. Cho's room while I was waiting at the corridor. There, I tried to open the attachments.

 

First was the chronological explanation about the accident. I read them carefully, about how the car was avoiding a truck in front which was slowing down, and then hit the guardrail of the high way. They assumed that Somie was talking on the phone while driving, which was why her phone was thrown to the back part of the car. 

A driver behind her car driver said that her car was going quite fast and she did not realize that the truck was slowing down. So her car almost bumped into the truck before it turned to the right side, and hit the guardrail. The airbag worked well. It inflated well.

But then, how could she suffered from amnesia if the air bag protected her.

I read her medical report. It was said that her cerebrum hit something hard that there happened a cerebral hemorrhage. This injury led to the loss of memory that she had.

 

I was about to read the technical checking of the car, when I heard her voice, screaming while crying uncontrollably. I needed to go inside.

I barged into the room, only to find Somie, crying while lying on the bed. She was holding her head and I knew it hurt her a lot. 

I looked at the doctor. He was sitting on the chair near the bed, and acted like nothing happened.

"What are you doing?" I asked the doctor while holding my emotion.

"Calm down, Mr. Kim. It's just a therapy to regain her memory."

"But you can't let her hurt!!" I said, almost shouted at him.

"She needed the pain to recall what she forgot!" he said.

What? 

"You maybe don't understand, Mr.Kim," he said to me. Those words hitting me like a thunder. Who in this world wanted to see a person he loved being in pain?

"What do you mean? if you just want to test her reaction, no. It is better for us to find another doctor."

"Listen, Mr. Shim only told me to do some CT Scan. But it is Ms. Dasom herself who wanted to do this therapy."

I looked at the helpless Somie. "What? Are you crazy? Do you want to hurt yourself to remember about the past?"

She was breathless. "I... I.... just... want... to know.... It makes me stressed when I can't even remember a single thing, oppa...." She cried again. I knew how her felt and how hard it was for her, but this was insane. If i had to hurt her just to make her remember, it would be better for her not to remember anything. 

She's the person I love.

 

--