Finding Your Happiness

Coming Back to You

--Hyunseong's POV--

Her mom had already persuaded her to eat, but she wouldn't budge unless we mentioned about Donghyun Hyung. Her father was still stiff as always. He got really mad and even shouted at Somie several times. But there she was, Dasom was still missing that man so bad. And my heart was aching because of her.

"How could that bastard make you like this?" asked Mr. Kim towards her. He shouted and it scared Dasom. 

He came towards the scared Dasom and grabbed her shoulders tight. "Stop thinking about him. He is not even your brother! He is not even related to our family! He was here only to be your friend."

Bam.

He's not Dasom's brother. He's not related to their family. He's adopted. He can love Dasom as a man. No.. He loved Dasom. He already did. Maybe longer than I did. And... he loved her. I finally knew it. 

By that her father went outside, leaving her who was slightly scared. But she didn't cry. She went to Donghyun Hyung's room.

 

I ran towards Mr. Kim and tried to talk.

"Mr. Kim. I know this is not my business, but.... can you let Donghyun hyung home?"

"Hyunseong," he said nicely towards me, "if you know this is none of your business, you better stop asking whether that kid can go home or not."

"But.. Mr. Kim. Dasom is sufferring without him." I tried to give him a reason. The strongest reason I could give, his own daughter's happiness.

"She would be fine without him. She would be happier with you. Don't you want to marry her?"

I was silent. 

"Hyunseong, I already promised to your father. And that's the way I pay my debt towards him. He saved me once, so I guaranteed his son's happiness."

"My happiness is not having Dasom with me." I said. I spit it out bravely, but deep inside, I was afraid. I knew I wanted to have her, but I couldn't let her being like this for the rest of her life just because of me. "Forget your debt. I have made a big mistakes towards your daughter."

"Hyunseong, don't be too naive"

"It was true. I was the one who made her forget all of her memories. I pushed her until she's stressed."

"You..."

"Let me find Donghyun hyung for her, to pay my debt." I said to him. He was speechless. 

"Promise me you will let Donghyun hyung make her happy. That's how you can guarantee my happiness."

I left him and continued to observe Dasom.

After an hour she was still there.  She was still in Donghyun hyung's room, looking at some shirts he left. 

I couldn't stand this condition anymore. Dasom would not even talk to people anymore. What kind of damage Donghyun hyung caused to her? Why she had to be hurt so much? Why didn't she love me? At least, she wouldn't be hurt like this.

I came into her room and hugged her. I hugged her from behind. My hands went around her waist and hugged her tight. She helplessly tried to move my hands, as I expected. But I didn't let her. I still hugged her.

"Forget him," I said to her. She didn't say anything. She was still busy trying to escape from my hug.

"Forget him, Dasom-ah," I said while still hugging her. I breathed in her ear, "If you love me, you won't be hurt like this."

Hearing that, she screamed and pushed my hands away. She quickly turned around and shout, "GET OUT!"

She jumped back to the bed. The next thing she did was hugging Donghyun hyung's pillow while tears escaped her eyes.

I knew it was my fault to act like that and made her being defensive. But I didn't want her to react like that. She wasn't Dasom that I knew.

I wanted her old self back. Should I really find Donghyun hyung?

Her mom came to the room. Maybe because of her scream before.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Kim. I made her like that," I said.

She calmed Dasom down. I bowed and got out from the room.

Downstairs I went to Grandpa Kim's room to find him there.

"Grandpa, perhaps, do you know-"
I hadn't finished my words but he already said," Donghyun's whereabouts?" which made me nod.

"He's in Tokyo. He is not even hiding. I could give you the address. He wants to be found. He wants to prove to his dad that he could keep his promise not to see this family again."

What? "How? How could he became so stupid by leaving her?"

"Don't blame him. He just did what he had been ordered to."

Mr. Kim had passed the limit. What kind of father wanted to throw away his son?

"Grandpa, can I have the address? I need to get him back to Dasom."

I would find your happiness back, even if I had to give up on my happiness.

--
I stepped my feet onto the street where the address given by Grandpa referred to. I saw the building with the same name as what was written on the paper.I already asked the owner with a limited Japanese, and yes. positively, Donghyun Hyung lived there.

It was a small apartment. A small three-stories building. 8 p.m., a time when he should had been home by now.

The light from street lamp was quite dim. Shadows of two figures were getting close to the house. As both figures slowly revealed, they were a man and a woman. A girl, to be exact.

Donghyun Hyung face was the first one that I recognized. Beside him, a young Japanese girl, in her uniform was looking at me with a confused gaze. 

Who's this girl?

Dasom was like this, longing for him, and yet he spent a good time with this young girl? This made me angry. A girl was desperately crying for him to comeback and he was now with another girl, smiling and joking to each other.

--

 

--Donghyun's POV--

It was a night when I saw someone from my past. Hyunseong. He walked towards me and Yumi.

"I need to talk to him. Please leave us," he said with a broken Japanese towards Yumi.

Yumi looked at me, "Sensei..." and I nodded towards her.

"Get inside, Yumi-chan." I said towards her.

Hyunseong observed her as she entered the Yamazaki's. Once she entered and closed the door, Hyunseong came towards me.

Suddenly I got a powerful punch in the face and I fell down on my side. After that what I could felt is a sharp pain near my left cheekbone.

"Get up," Hyunseong said when he grabbed me by the collar. He pushed me to the nearest wall.

"How could you be happy while Dasom is almost crazy because of you?" he growled. "Having a young girl with you is fun, eh?"

"Hit me, I deserved it." I said.

He pushed my back against the hard wall once again. I could hear the sound of my spine which hit the wall.

"Dasom is soulless because of you and you are now here, having a good life."

"Hit me then. My life is not worthy as well."

He punched me once again, this time it hit the corner of my mouth. It was more powerful than before and I fell again.

I looked at him and laughed bitterly.

"How dare you to laugh?!"

"Huh.. My life is worthless as well, Hyunseong." I scoffed at him, "Every smile and laugh I had after I left that house is fake. I lived with a beautiful fake mask on my face all the time. You can hit me as many as you can. I don't have any desire to live anyway."

"..."

"That girl is my student. Yamazaki's granddaughter. Maybe she liked me but there never and won't be any girl except her." I told him. I stood up and dust my clothes off.

All the time I used to forget her, was just a reminder for me, second by second, that I loved her, really really much. No matter how hard I tried to erase her, I still love her.

"If you still love her, then go home with me."

"No. I have promised I won't go back." I said clearly.

"Even if Dasom being a living doll?"

"What?" I stopped anything I did at that time once I heard that.

"She became worse than a doll. Come with me and cure her. I beg you, hyung. Be her happiness."

 

----

 

Updateeeeeee >w< yup yup yup

How do you feel? u,u I felt depressed when I wrote this...