And My All is You

Coming Back to You

 

"I will let you to be with him." said her dad once she stepped into his working room.

She smiled happily hearing that.

However, that happy smile fell from her face as soon as she heard the next words.

"But he has to go to Milan for three years before you two can be together. Whie you have to stay here and continuing your education."

She was shocked. She thought her dad would let them together. Instead, he said Donghyun should leave her for three years before they could be together.

It was cruel. How could her dad think like that? How could he decide like that?

 

"Appa, why can't Donghyun oppa be here, with me?"

"That's my decision." he answered coldly.

"But appa, it's unfair. Why should he go to Milan for that long?"

"Dasom. This is my final decision. Let him wait for three years or let him go as a free man."

Tears were pooling around her eyes. Dasom tried hard not to cry in front of her dad. But it was really difficult  not to cry when she knew Donghyun would left her alone again.

"You're so mean!" she yelled. "Don't decide things on your own!" she said.

"If you don't have anything to say, you can leave."

"I hate you." Dasom said in a cold voice. She turned around and left the room.

Once the door being closed, Mr. Kim looked down. "Am I being too harsh?" he asked himself.

He looked at the door, as if Dasom was standing there. "I just want to see, how dare that boy sacrifice himself for your better future."

 

--

 

It was a familiar view for Donghyun. Like the old times, the same park, the same bench, the same crybaby Dasom whom he loved so much was crying, sitting beside him.

He brought her into a hug.

" Somie-ya, don't cry okay." he said while wiping her tears with his warm fingers.

"But…, he wants you to go for three years. He is so mean, oppa," she said.

"Somie, " he cupped her face and looked at her teary eyes.

"Even if he's like that, he's still your father." Donghyun said.

"But he can't do that to us. He can't do that to you." she answered desperately.

"Somie," he called her name once again.

 

"You know what, I would do the same protective thing to protect our daughter. I would want to get the best man for my daughter." He smiled at her.

"Pabo. Why you would also act like him?" Dasom said, wiping her own tears.

"Because a father must protect his daughter." He said while his hand was playing with her hair.

"But I don't want it happen. Three years. Isn't it too long? I can be crazy to wait for three years."

"…" Donghyun didn't say anything. Deep inside he knew three years of waiting would be more frustrating than anything. But to prove he was serious, agreeing that challenge from her father would at least give him a chance.

"So now you agree with him?" she asked.

He avoided her eyes.

"I will do anything to prove that I am serious in this relationship. If that's the only way……."

"Nonsense", she said, letting herself go from his embrace.

 

"Oppa, I don't even want if you go somewhere for days. How could I survive for three years without you? Do you want me to be crazy again?"

"It's not like that.. Dasom. I-"

"Stop saying that thing." She cut him by saying those words and stood up. She was really angry because Donghyun reacted like that. She was about to leave.

"Somie, wait…" he held her wrist and made her turned around.

"It's not that I want us to be separated for years. I just feel that, if we could wait then he will give us a chance"

"But three years are too long. " she sobbed again, forgetting those anger towards him. It wasn't important compared to her fear of being left by him.

"Can't you just take me somewhere from here, oppa?" she begged.

He sighed. "Like they easily found me, I am sure they will easily find us. Don't you know how powerful your dad is?" he said while tugging a part of her hair behind her ear.

"But at least I'm with you."

"No. If we run away, and your father found out, he would take you and never let us being together. And I couldn't even imagined what I would do without you."

" Then how could I?" Dasom asked back to him.

He hugged her tight, feeling her tears on his right chest while letting her hear his heartbeat.

"Don't cry. I will try to find a way." He her hair slowly.

"I promise," he whispered softly.

 

--

 

There was a knock on the door of the room. 

"Who is it?" asked Mr. Kim.

"It's me." said a voice from the outside.

 

Knowing who came, Mr. Kim stopped his work and personally opened the door.

"Aboji," Mr. Kim said. He let grandpa Kim entered the room.

"I only want to talk about Donghyun." Grandpa said while he sat down on the chair.

"I know. But This is not only a love matter."

"I am sure he will come to you. He will do anything for Dasom. even if you told him to take care of everything."

"You see people well, Aboji."

"I do. And I know he is competent in business. Just don't be too hard on them. Letting them together is the best way."

"This is only the test. I just want to see how far he can go."

--