Go Back

Coming Back to You

 

Dasom's POV

They finally let me go home. After terrible two days in that place, they said I could go to a place that they called as my home. The nurses, as people said, or the women in white dress helped Donghyun oppa to pack things up. These thing were annoying since three women went to my room, just to take care of one patient's things.

Hyunseong even came to pick me up from the hospital. And that attracted more nurses to my room. Should I leave the hospital in this chaotic condition?  I was glad the nurses helped me with my things, but not after I knew their real intention. They were handsome, but should the nurses came here because of them?

I was sitting on my bed, ignored completely by the nurses who were 'helping' Donghyun oppa arranged my things, giving them advice about my medicine time, and asking Hyunseong which one between them my fiancee was.

 

All of this mess made me sleepy. I wish I could sleep peacefully. I closed my eyes, trying to ignore the noisy and flirty voices from the nurses. Slowly, my conciousness gone, but suddenly I felt a hand poke my right shoulder.

I opened my eyes only to find Hyunseong's face which was really close to mine. "Dasom-ah..." said him, "are you ready?" I rubbed my eyes then nodded slowly.

"Oh, are you sleepy?" he patted my head, my hair with his slender fingers. That triggered some weird sensation in my stomach. "Want me to carry you?" he asked again.

"Uhm, no. I'm fine." I said and tried to move my body to stand up from the bed.

"Y-yah.. Dasom-ah..." he grabbed my arms immediately with a soft grip from his hand. It was weird to feel his touch. Was that the feeling that I should feel towards my fiancee?

"Somie-ya.." Donghyun oppa called. "Everything is ready. Let's go home."

Hyunseong's hands were still on my arms. "Let's go then, Dasom-ah," he said before showing his smile.

He kept his hands around me, not letting me move from his side. And that felt, somehow safe.

Slowly we walked to the front lobby until Hyunseong stopped his steps and said, "Wait here, I'm going to take my car. Hyung, make sure she is safe while I'm going to take my car."

 

"Of course. Go quickly!" Donghyun oppa said playfully.

Hyunseong released his hands and walked outside. I shifted my gaze to Donghyun oppa, which was coincidentally looking back at me. My mind went blank. His gaze soften and those words coming out from his mouth.

"Don't worry. You will be fine."

I had heard those words before. But where? when?

He moved his right hand, aiming my cheek. Being a slow girl, I was just frozen there, while his index finger was repetitiously poking my cheek. "Hahaha, your reaction is still the slowest."

"Ah, don't poke my cheek again, it hurts!" I said. I was about to poke his cheek back when I heard the nurses were talking about us in the counter behind us.

"Look how lucky that girl is. Rich family, handsome brother, handsome fiancee. Oh I wish I were her!" said one nurse, whispered.

"Yeah, me too. She is pretty too. Her life is too perfect."

Hearing that, I looked down, trying to avert my attention on something else. "You won't feel lucky if you lose your memory like me," I said whispering.

"Pssst...." said Donghyun oppa while messing my hair. "Ignore them" he whispered to me. I could only nodded.

"There he is!" said Donghyun oppa. "Go inside the car."

He walked me to the car, waited until I got in and he closed the door. I thought he was going with me and Hyunseong, until I realized Hyunseong's car was moving.

"Donghyun oppa is not going with us?"

"No, he brings his own car," said Hyunseong while still paying his attention on the road. "He will go home after he finished some stuffs at the office. He has been absent for a long time, so he needs to check some files." he explained.

"Oh... " I nodded. Because of me...

"Ah, the great news is,..." he paused for a while, then smiled widely, "I am going to live with you! Isn't that great? Your memory will recover soon! Or else, we can get close like usual!"

He was so excited about that so I just smiled. "T-that's good."

"Oh, do you want to stop by? Should we buy the dinner, or snacks?"

"Up to you, " I answered, "I don't know what to eat."

"Oh, come on, Dasom-ah... Enjoy this as a celebration! Let's eat more, you look thinner."

He drove to some various place and bought me some delicious-looking food, saying some of them were my favorite, some were his. I enjoyed it though. He was such a funny person. Maybe I just had to adapt more with him, and the love between us would grow again.

Wasn't this the right way?

 

Hyunseong's POV

I was really happy to have a good time with her again. At least we could start from the beginning. Well, the most important thing was she was happy and comfortable enough to go with me. 

She was the one I love. Really really much. Even though she couldn't remember me now, in my eyes she was still the old one. The one that would laugh at my ridiculous jokes, the one that loved to see me eating sweet food, the one whose smile could bright up my day.

We bought our favorite things. I was actually trying to make her recall our old  memories that we spent together. I took her to her favorite coffee shop and bought her a cheesecake as well to see if she felt familiar with things that she liked so much before she lost her memories. 

But it seemed unsuccessful. Or not yet, perhaps...

However, I would stay at her house, since her parents told me so. They hope, even though her memory wouldn't be back in a short time, she would fall in love with me once again, and that way would be easier for me as well. I understood, and I was glad they thought about that idea.

I would live there with Dasom and Donghyun hyung. It would be nice, for sure.

 

-------------------------------