Coming Back to You

Coming Back to You

-- Donghyun's POV --

"She has a mental trauma, Hyung. After you went here, she acts like a body without soul. If you are not going with me, I don't know how worse her condition will be. Please, Hyung. For Dasom."

I made her suffer again. I hurt her again. Because of me…

"Hyung," his voice snapped me back to reality.

I had promised to myself not to come back for her. But then she would suffer another greater pain than now if I didn't.

"Dasom needs you more than everything, more than anyone else. She needs you, not me, not her family, only you, Hyung."

--

Here I was. Standing in front of the house I have lived for years. I was back. For her, I wasn't afraid of anything. I wanted her back. After Hyunseong told me and asked me to go home, I realized how our
worlds became ruined because
I ran away from her.

I would throw my pride if I had to. I had to face Mr. Kim, which I always called appa more than sixteen years, and made him let me see Somie.

For her… the one I loved.

I opened the door only to find him. Appa, Mr. Kim.

"Oh, so you're here now?" he said, shifting his gaze, unwilling to see me.

"I'm here. I need to meet her, appa…" that last word sounded so awkward.

"You said you were not going to see this family again. You promised that, Kim Donghyun."

"But in return, I asked for her happiness. Is she happy now? Is she smiling now? Does she live well?"

He was silent.

"I am here. To make her happy. Even if I have to sacrifice my whole life for her. I will do it."

"Stop your melancholic talk. She will be happier only knowing you as her brother! Look at her now! Her mind is in an abnormal state because she love someone she shouldn't love." He turned to me.

"What would people say if a daughter of Kim family, marry someone who used to be her brother? Even though you are adopted, it will still humilliate her," he continued. His words rang inside my head continuously.

"I will never let her hear the humiliation. I had to protect her. I was told to protect her when I was a kid. But now it's an instinct I could never ignore." I pleaded.

"I love her. I love her more than I could ever imagine. Please, appa. Let me cure her."

I thought he was tired of that conversation, so he finally said, "try, no one had ever succeeded."

I walked to her room, but she wasn't there. Until I spotted her figure in my room.

She was looking through my window.

"Somie,"

I expected her to run to me, or at least, turn around to look at me. But she didn't do those. She just stood there without moving.

I thought she didn't hear so I walked to her and patted her shoulder.

"Somie, it's me."

She finally turned around. There, I saw someone that wasn't her. Her gaze was empty. She was alive but she looked as if her soul left her body.

"Somie…" I called her once again.

She didn't respond like usual, she didn't call me oppa like she usually did once she saw me.

She looked at me as if she saw someone new. She pointed at the bruise I got from Hyunseong's punch.

"Does it hurt?"

"No, it's okay," I answered. I hugged her.

"I miss you, Somie. I really do."

She didn't say anything. After I hugged her, she went to my bed and hugged my pillow.

"Somie, it's me, Donghyun," I said.

"Donghyun oppa?" she asked. I nodded while showing her a forced smile. She became like this because of me. I was the one who made her like this.

"No. Donghyun oppa has gone," she said to me and threw the pillow towards me. "Get out!"

She didn't know me. She didn't recognize me. She forgot me again.

She hid her face but I knew she was crying. She suffered a lot because of me.

I didn't know why, but I found myself hugging her. "Let me go!" she protested while pushing me away.

"Let me go! He left me." It made her sobbings become louder.

"Ssstt… It's okay. It's okay. He will be back here," I said to her.

She cried louder but she stopped her effort to push me away.

"Don't be sad, Somie. I'm here even though you don't recognize me." I whispered while hugging her.

I kept hugging her until she stopped crying.

"Go now," she told me. I flashed her a smile.

"I will," I said happily towards her. No matter how her condition was, I would still be beside her.

I left her room and closed the door.

Hyunseong was in front of the door.

"How's her, Hyung?"

"She forgets me." I said, a bit disappointed. He gave me a shock look. 

"That's okay." I said. Even if she couldn't remember, I would always be there for her. I already came back to her, and I would treat her well and show my love towards her. I wouldn't hide it anymore. No more. I would show it.

Even if the mind couldn't understand, the heart would. Even if she didn't recognized me as Donghyun, she would feel my love.

 

--

 

>w< updateee~ stay tune for the next chapter