The Story That You Don't Know

Coming Back to You

 

Donghyun's POV

Eomma and Appa, or should I call them Mr. and Mrs. Kim? They were coming to Somie's room. Appa scolded me right at the moment he looked into my eyes. "Yah, Donghyun, how could you let your sister being hurt like this? I've always told you to protect her! And now?"

"Calm down, yeobo, calm down..." eomma said to him, trying to stop him from making a mess.

"But I haven't finished my-" 

"Stop! It's not his fault, so no need to blame him." a small voice from Somie was heard.

By that, appa stopped releasing his anger towards me. "I need to talk to the doctor." he said, as he went out from the room.

"Aigoo.... Sommie-ya..." said eomma, " you never change, always stand up for your oppa."

Afterall, she's still the same Somie.

"Eomma?" she asked, "are you my mom?" Eomma nodded with teary eyes. Then the mother hugged her daughter.

"It's okay... it's okay even if you forget. I'm still your mom." eomma said, reassuring her that it would be fine.

Eomma looked at me, "Donghyun-ah, thank you for taking care of her while we're on the way here."

They were just arrived from Milan. They were on a business trip when they heard about the news about Dasom.

"Nae, eomma. It's my duty after all."

Since I was arrived in the Kim's residence, my duty was to protect her.

 

I wasn't their child. I was adopted by Somie's grandfather, for the reason that couldn't be explained by logic. Dasom Grandpa came to my orphanage. I was left in the orphanage by my mom for a year at that time.  Dasom's grandpa was bserving the kids one by one before he finally chose a six-year-old boy, that was me. He said I was the right kid to protect Dasom. I still didn't know what he meant by that until now.

He sent me to America, and the family adopted me. However, since I was adopted in America, when i went back to Korea, the family always said to people that I was their biological son, and as they lived in America for a long time, no one knew the truth except the family.

As grandpa said to me, I was there to protect Dasom.

The first time I entered the family, I felt this family was so distant. They were rarely communicate to Dasom. When the first time Grandpa took me to Dasom's room, she was playing with the maids. She wasn't allowed to play with other kids for, a useless, safety reason. This family never believed anyone outside the family.

Once I sat in front of her, even before I introduced myself, she took my hand and said, "Please play with Dasom." And that way opened my heart for her.

She grew up knowing me as her oppa. However, that was not what I felt towards her. Being her knight after a long time, it was hard to deny my own feeling towards her. It was....

 

"Donghyun-ah..." called eomma, waking me up from my daydream.

"Ah, n-nae..."

"You can go home. it has been five days, you're here. You haven't got enough rest. Go home, I'll stay here with Dasom."

"No, eomma, you just arrived. I will stay here for her. She needs me." I said. Somehow Dasom's look at me, I could felt her gaze soften when she heard those words.

"Okay, okay, I know you always want to be with her." said eomma.

"Can't we just go from here? I hate being here. the people with white clothes are scary. And I don't want to be a burden for you. I lost my memory, but I am not sick," she said while pulling my shirt's hem.

"I will ask the doctor for that, but now you have to take a rest." I answered while trying to make her lay down on the bed. "Come on, take a rest. " I smiled.

She nodded to me, this time it wasn't a blank face. It was, a hope there, on her eyes. 

"Lay down there, Somie-ya." She did what I said. Her smile was formed really beautifully when she looked at me.

"Good." I smiled back to her.

"Promise me."

"Promise. Now go to sleep." I said while fixing her blanket. She just nodded and closed her eyes.

I promise..... to take care of you, to keep you safe, to help you remember your memories, our memories.

I sat on a chair near her bed. Sleep well, Dasomie......

 

 

-----

Secrets and past memories will be revealed one by one,

stay tune all loyal subscribers and readers, *bows*