I Need You

Coming Back to You

 

--Dasom's POV--

 

That night I couldn't sleep. Everytime I closed my eyes, I always saw that scene. I was driving, and two voices was ringing.

"Kim Dasom, I love you," said a voice.


"So you loved him more than me? Answer me!" that was another voice. Hyunseong?

Why the image of me driving a car appeared? That night I could only sleep for few hours.

I woke up in my bed. Tears were dropping from my left eye. But why did I cry?

After washed up, I went to the dining room to have a breakfast. Grandpa smiled to me as soon as he saw me. Hyunseong stopped eating and smiled widely at me. I looked at Donghyun oppa. He turned around, showed a smile, and continued eating his breakfast.

"…Um,… good morning…" I said.

"Good morning," said Grandpa.

I sat at the empty chair beside Donghyun oppa. The maids served my food in such quick movements.

I wanted to eat but somehow I didn't feel hungry. My mind was ruined. A perfect combination of lack of sleep and weird dream. I didn't know why but ny energy was nearly drained.

"Dasom-ah," called Hyunseong.

"Uhm?" I asked back, blankly.

"You haven't touched your food." At the time he said that I could felt Grandpa and Donghyun oppa were staring at my plate. It was untouched. My breakfast was still in a perfect condition.

"Eat and finish soon. You need to visit the doctor this afternoon, 1 PM," said Hyunseong, "but then I can't drive you there since last night your dad asked me to come to the office this morning." He showed a regretful expression.

"Is it a must?" I asked slowly. He looked at me with such concern. I could tell he expected me to see the doctor.

"Okay. I will." I said.

"Donghyun can drive you there!" said Grandpa cheerfully.

"We planned to go somewhere today. But you can go with us together." He looked at Donghyun oppa first, "Ah, it has been a long time since the last time I spent my time with my two grandchildren. Donghyun, you don't mind, do you?"

"Yeah." oppa said weakly.

"But then, Donghyun's car is too small if we go and bring my nurse, also my wheelchair. So, I will use another car." Grandpa looked at me.

"Dasom, you go with Donghyun car, okay?"

What else I could say? So I nodded. Donghyun's oppa expression was so calm, like nothing happened.

But I felt something awkward everytime I looked at his face expression.

Suddenly he shifted his gaze onto me. "Ya, Somie. Eat." he said.

I shook my head. "I don't know why, but I don't want to eat now."

Hyunseong was about to say something but then was cutted by oppa's words. "Why? Are you sick? Something wrong? Do you feel hurt somewhere?"

He became the warm man again. It made me happy. I smiled weakly and shook my head. He put his hand on my forehead. "Not a fever though." My eyes were teary because he treated me like before.

"Watery eyes," he mumbled. "Drink a glass of milk and we will take you to the hospital quickly."

"Finish your business first." I said, " I will be fine."

"Are you sure?" he asked softly.

I nodded and smiled at him.

"Of course. I am okay," I reassured him.

Hyunseong then put his left hand on the table, moving to reach my right hand. He held it and gave my hand a small touch.

"Will you be okay?"

"Umm." I said to him. I tried to avoid his touch by pretending taking the glass and drink the water.

Suddenly, Donghyun oppa stood up.

"I'm finished," he said. His tone was not as stable as before. He was like in a rush.

"I will be waiting in the study room. Call me when you are ready to go, Grandpa," he said. Then he left the dining room.

I automatically followed him, even though I didn't know why. I followed him until he went into the study room. He let the door opened. There I could see he was standing near the desk, looking at something on the desk.

"Oppa...," I called from the outside. He turned around and looked at me.

"Have you... finished your breakfast," he asked reluctantly.

"Stop being cold at me," I said things that even made me surprised to hear that. He didn't say anything. I walked to him until I was just a few steps in front of him.

"Oppa...," I called him again.

"We just have to wait for Grandpa. You can sit down here while I'm checking some documents," he said. Then he walked like he was avoiding my gaze.

He then sat down on a chair near the desk. He put some documents on the desk and read one of them.

Again, he was being cold to me.

 

-- Donghyun's POV --

 

I felt sorry that I ignored her. I didn't want to let myself falling too deep, but I knew what I had done made her hurt.

Mianhae…

I tried not to pay so much attention on her. But at times I couldn't stand to only see her.

I drove my car to Minwoo's school, as planned before. In the car, even though Dasom was there, it was silent. I knew that she looked at me several times with a sad expression.

We finally arrived. It wasn't long and Grandpa's car also arrived. The nurse helped him to prepare his wheelchair.

We enter the grand corridor of the school.

"So, this is the school. Hm, not bad," Grandpa looked around and continued, "I think it should be me who get in. You two just wait here."

"Or you two can play together, just like what you did when you were kids." He smiled to both of us.

So there we stayed. We're standing at the main corridor. A voice of bell ringing could be heard, telling the whole school to have a lunch break.

Not long after, students were out from their classes. The empty corridor was suddenly full of students. It was crowded.

Dasom looked furious to see so many students walking in the corridor at the same time. Suddenly some of them ran and accidentally pushed her.

As if my body was programmed to always protect her, I couldn't let it happen. I didn't even care if I already planned to hide my feeling and being cold at her. I couldn't let her being hurt.

She almost fell before I grabbed her hand and pulled her into a hug. At least it was save for her.

At that time, it didn't matter for me if I had to be her shield forever. I wanted to protect her.

I realized I hugged her too tight when I felt her head which was pressed against my left shoulder. Her breath was irregular and I could felt her hot breath against my shirt and the skin inside.

I didn't want to let her go.

Slowly the crowd disappeared even though the corridor was not entirely empty.

"Hyung," called a familiar voice. A short guy with dark brown hair appeared and I immediately recognize him. Minwoo.

"Hey Minwoo!" I smiled at him.

That little boy shifted his gaze lower. He was staring at Somie and I finally remembered that I was still hugging her tightly.

"Is this your girlfriend?"

I let go of her and she was panting to get more air. Her face was flushed. Pink shade appeared around her cheeks.

She turned around to face Minwoo. Without seeing I could tell that she would show her best smile to him.

"She is……," I didn't want to say she was my sister.

 

 

-------------------------

>w< Quite long because I haven't upload it in a while. Stay tune!