Revelation

Coming Back to You

 

-Hyunseong's POV-

I was cutting Dasom's food while listening to Donghyun hyung and Grandpa's conversation.

"How cruel you are, huh?" Grandpa said, " How could you not introduce her to her grandfather?" he asked again.

"A-ah, I forgot, Grandpa. Sorry. It was because she was sick last night, and I got no time this morning, so… yeah."

"Aish, you always got a good argument," said Grandpa, hitting hyung's arm lightly. He only smiled to his grandpa.

My hand moved to pour a tea for Dasom. I poured the tea into her cup. It was slightly redder than the usual tea. Donghyun hyung saw that too and made a weird face expression.

She was about to drink when suddenly,

"Somie, stop! Don't drink that," Donghyun hyung said in a tone which is far from his calm tone.

He looked to Mr. Jang, the butler. "Who prepared this? Where's Yang ahjumma?"

"It-it's our junior cook, master. Is there anything wrong?" asked Mr. Jang.

Hyung sighed. "Get her here. Also get me the alergy list and this cook's profile." Hyung said in a calmer tone.

"Y-yes."

Not long after, the young cook came, while at the same time her profile and the alergy list was in Donghyun hyung's hand.

"Kang Soyu. Do you know what's your fault?"

The girl looked terrified hearing his question.

"Answer me!"

"N-no, master."

"One. Why on earth you make a tea from Roselle? Dasom has an allergy of that flower," he said, trying to keep calm, but he just could not hide his anger.

Allergy? I never knew. Really?

"Two, how could a cook did not know the allergen list? Did you read it before you make something?"

The cook named Soyu only kept her head looking down. She was so scared and almost cried.

"Oppa, it's okay. I'm okay, and nothing happens." Dasom tried to talk, assuring him she was alright.

I never knew, Dasom-ah. You should have told me, you know?

He sighed again and finally said, " Now go. The next time you make a mess with the food, we know what would happen, right, Kang Soyu?"

"Y-yes" that girl bowed and then went from our sight. I guessed she was afraid because of the unpleasant morning greeting.

"Hey, Donghyun, don't be too cruel to a cook. It's still early in the morning." said Grandpa to calm him down.

"Y-yeah. I guess I have just been too hard on everyone if it's about Dasom."

'If it is about Dasom…' sure.

What happened with me? Why did I become this pathetic? Was I that far from you? I looked at Dasom, who was eating her food without questioning a thing.

Realized that she was observed, she looked back at me. "Hmm? What happened, Hyunseongie?"

"No, nothing. You look so innocent." I said and ended it with a smile.

"I need to go to the office now. See you all later." said Donghyun hyung to us.

"Be a nice kid, hm?" said him while he was patting Dasom's head. She nodded with a happy smile plastered on her face.

After a breakfast, I asked Dasom to spend her time with me. I needed to be close to her so she could remember me, right?

"Let's read some books! Do you like it?" I asked her once I saw a big shelf full of books in the living room.

"Okay," she smiled again. She then sat down on a rug there.

"Would you like me to read a story for you?" I looked at her face. Why you showed me such an innocent face?

"Nae," just like a little child.

"So," I picked a random book. Snow White. I sat close to her, and pat my lap, signalling her "put your head here, I will read it to you."

She immediately put her head there, looking straight to my eyes.

I leaned down, enough to realize she didn't show any fear. I kissed her forehead.

"I love you…"

She blushed. "R-read me the story, Hyunseong…," her voice was so soft like a whisper when she said that.

"I love you, Kim Dasom."

She blushed until suddenly, that pain came again.

"U-uuh...." she said, holding her head. Still on my lap, she was now fighting with the pain inside her head.

"D-dasom-ah.. calm down... calm down. Remember? Breath..." I held her to stay in her laying position. 

----

 

Donghyun's POV

"Hyung, actually what's going on that you need me to find some result about this unknown boy?" asked Jeongmin to me. Jeongmin was one of my best friends. He was also from a wealthy family, and his family had an agent company which was often used by government to investigate some cases.

"Nothing, I just want to know." I said to him, lying. I lied. I told him to find out about a boy's past from a small orphanage in Busan. That boy was me. I just wanted to know who were my parents. He showed his disbelief expression. His small eyes became smaller because of his puffing action.

"Stop that expression, Jeongmin. Have you found something?" I asked him again.

He nodded. "Uhum, Guess what? This kid has the same birthday like yours. According to my agent, he lived in DongSan Orphanage until he was six. Before that, when he was three, he was brought by his mother, a month after his father's death," Jeongmin explained. "And here we are, on his mother's food stalls. The mother is that one, an old lady with white apron." he threw a gaze at that lady.

My biological mother. She lived by selling food in this small stall. A quite small yet always crowded by workers and students who came to eat her food. People could taste her food everyday, while I couldn't.

"Ahjumma! Two ddeokbokki, please..." Jeongmin said. 

"Naee...," replied the woman... my mom. The person that I called eomma twenty years ago. The person who left me in the orphanage after lying to me that she was going to come back. The person whose face I couldn't remember because the memory about her was hurtful.

"But hyuung, is this your business rival? Why do I need to find out this much?" Jeongmin asked again.

"Nothing, really."

"Ah wait, my subordinates just sent me the progress of this investigation." he then checked his phone. He was scrolling his touch phone until he stopped for a while.

"Hyung..." he froze.

"That boy, was adopted into Kim's family. That was you?" he whispered. I nodded.

"Don't tell anyone." I said to him.

"Not even Hyunseong hyung?" he asked foolishly.

"No."

A voice interrupted us when two plates of ddeokbokki was served on the table, "here is your order, eat well." It was her voice.

I looked at her when she, at the same time, also looked at me.

"D-d..."

She looked shocked.But she quickly acted like usual and went from our table.

"Hyung, not even Dasom noona?"

"No. Not even anyone. Not even Kim's family. Do not tell anyone. I beg you. I just want to know, okay."

"Okay hyung. Your mom had already married again five years after and she gave birth to a...." Jeongmin's words were cut by a cheerful call from a boy.

"Eommaaa..." said a boy in a uniform to the woman who supposed to be my mom. "I'm home, hehehe..." he said with a big smile.

"Eoh, Minwoo? You're home?" that lady said with a big smile. "Yes. Eomma, have a rest and let me serve the customer." he said cheerfully. "aigoo... good boy."

Ironic.

"Well, you know the rest, hyung... that boy is her son." Jeongmin said.

I nodded. "Thanks, Jeongmin. Let's eat. After that you can go." I said coldly.

He seemed understand. "Okay hyung." 

After sending Jeongmin to his car, I sat at the cafe in front of the stall. I waited and waited until the stall was going to be closed. It was 10 PM when that boy started cleaning the tables.

It was a time for me to move.

The lady looked busy tidying up the plates and bowls. I came at her, and suddenly out of nowhere, a courage came.

"Eomma..."

-------------

updatees~~ :3 OMO, eottokhaeee.... SeongSom vs DongSom ><