Be Mine?

Coming Back to You

Donghyun was driving when once in a while gazed at the woman he loved the most who sat beside him.
She looked happy and contented because they would be engaged soon.

Dasom browsed with her phone, trying to find a perfect design of engagement rings for them.

She knew Donghyun wanted it simple. Scrolling down with her finger, she didn't feel contented with the pictures all over the internet.

Donghyun chuckled when he saw her pouting. "Let's just decide on the jewelry store. I'm sure we will find something you like," he assured her.

 

Donghyun parked his car near a small jewelry store. It wasn't as big as the usual store her family used to go to buy jewels for gifts. Dasom get off from the car, still looking at the front door of the store.

As if he knew what was she thinking, Donghyun spoke," this is not the finest store around here, but you will like the design." He then reached her hand and intertwined their fingers together.

Inside, they saw bright displays of jewelries, shining brightly because of the lights that shower them. A warm greeting could be heard as they reached the main counter.

"Welcome to Will Do Jewelries. May I help you?" asked a man in his 30 towards the couple. That man looked like the shop owner.

"Hello. We're looking for…," Donghyun stopped only to look at Dasom.

"…engagement rings." he continued. On his face, plasterred the happiest expression Dasom had ever seen. That expression brought a smile to Dasom's face, letting her feeling his happiness.

"Oh, please come over here," the man guided them to one of the counter at the side of the room.

"These rings over here are our latest collection. Which style do you prefer?" asked the man, more towards Dasom.

"Umm,… a simple one, but still look nice." Dasom said. She never bought any ring before. Even Hyunseong proposed her with a ring he chose by himself.

 

Hyunseong. Suddenly she remembered him. Where was he? She was too focused on Donghyun lately. Did she hurt him that much so he decided to go? She felt sorry for not even saying goodbye to him.

Dasom felt a soft pat on her shoulder. She finally awared that Donghyun was patting her shoulder, gaining her attention. And the man was looking at her, tilting his head. She must be ignoring him and the man for a while.

"Ah, yes?" she asked.

"Here, this one might be suitable for you." the man handed her a model of the ring. It was pretty. A wing, one wing was engraved on it.

"The design is inspired by angel's wing. A love that came from angels." said him.

Pretty, Dasom thought. She looked at Donghyun. He was observing another ring.

"Ah, that one is Venus," explained the man.

Dasom looked back at the man. "It is inspired by stars and Venus. There are stars around the ring, engraved and decorated with a simple diamond at the center, represents the venus itself. Love that shines like stars."

Dasom never knew how choosing a ring could be this hard. She waited for Donghyun.

Donghyun then turned to face her. "Do you like that?"

"Do you like that ring, oppa?" Dasom asked back, pointing at the 'Venus' which was still in Donghyun's hand.

"It's up to you," Donghyun said while smiling. "I just remember that you really like stars. But if you want that one, it's okay."

'I want whatever you choose for me. As long as it's you, I will accept everything.'

Dasom wanted to say it out loud, but she couldn't.

"Mister and Miss," the man called, "why don't you try and see which one is the most suitable?"

"Oppa," Dasom called. "Choose the one you like," she said while showing Donghyun her hands, each has a ring.

"You look good in both," he smiled, more stunned to see her fingers wrapped with those rings.

"Choose one," she said, pretended to be annoyed.

He smiled and took her hands to observe them more. "No matter what, a ring is not that important," he said to her while still looking at both rings.

You're way more important to me, he thought.

Finally Donghyun looked back at her. "But if I have to choose, then I choose this one." he held her left hand which has a ring with the stars on it. Venus.

Dasom could only smile. She was too happy, that she would take everything Donghyun chose for her.

They bought that engagement rings and headed to his car with a small package, the rings.

Donghyun started the engine and he drove the car, leaving the store.

"Where are we going, Oppa? Home?" asked Dasom.

"To my mom's store," he paused a bit. Dasom still hasn't found out that Donghyun had found his biological mother and a half brother.

"…Minwoo. Minwoo's mom, is my mom." He shifted his gaze from the street to her.

She looked suprised but then she smiled.

"Ah, I see."

"Sorry for not telling this earlier," he said with a low voice.

"I'm okay oppa. Don't always worry about me. It… it's surprising. But I'm glad you tell me."

Donghyun could only smile to hear those from her.

She leaned towards the driver seat and quickly planted a kiss on a corner of Donghyun's lips while he was driving. She sat on her seat, pretending to be okay, when actually she could feel her heart skipped a beat when she did that.

Donghyun was shocked for a while before he could fully gain his attention on the street again.

"That's…… dangerous, you know," he mumbled.

She could only giggle to see the man, which has always been a strong man in front of her, blushed.

Donghyun looked at her, still shy on what she had done.  He decided to continue driving instead.

--

"Eommaa, hyung is coming," was the first sentence Donghyun heard after he opened the car's door.

"Oh! Noona too!" chirped Minwoo again. He waved at Dasom while coming closer to his older brother.

"Hyung! You're back from Japan? Where's my present?" Minwoo said jokingly.

"What do you expect?" teased Donghyun.

"Oho, then noona is my present."
Minwoo hugged Dasom, trying to tease Donghyun back.

"Yah, yah, hands off from your sister-in-law!"

Minwoo showed a shocked face. "So noona already knows?"

Somie smiled and nodded.

"Son?" asked a voice which turned to be Donghyun's mom.

"Eomma," Donghyun called her.

"Eomma! Look, noona and hyung is now an item," said Minwoo.

Their mom only smiled. "Well, I'm glad to hear that."

Dasom bowed in front of her. "Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Kim Dasom."

"I know. Finally my son get his happiness, " she said looking lovingly at the couple in front of her.

"Eomma," called Donghyun. "There is a thing I want to ask you…" his face expression turned into a serious one.

"What is that?"

"I… um, eomma,…" Donghyun was nervous.

Dasom looked at him. Why did on earth the always calm Kim Donghyun could be really nervous like that?

"Dasom, is someone I love the most in my life. I want to introduce her to you."

He shifted his gaze to Dasom.

"Somie, this is my mom. She is also someone whom I love the most. I want you to meet her."

He smiled. The precious women in his life were standing in front of him, smiling.

"One more thing, eomma."

"In front of my mom and Minwoo……, Kim Dasom," he looked at Dasom, staring at her eyes.

"… will you," he kneeled down in front of Dasom which responded it with a gasp and a surprised face.

"will you, tie yourself to this man, be by my side, with all the risks, in both good times and bad times? I may be not the best man, but I will give you my best, protect you, cherish you and love you. Will you, Kim Dasom, marry me?" he looked up to check on Dasom's expression.

She was spaced out. "Or, for now, be my fiancee," he added, while taking out the engagement rings they bought earlier from his pocket.

It was a deadly silent before finally Dasom smiled. Tears rolled down her cheeks. She nodded.

Donghyun stood up and quickly hugged her. "Thank you, thank you, Somie-ya." whispered him.

He looked at her face lovingly, wiped her tears and brought himself to plant a kiss on her forehead.

"Woaaah, hyung! You just shocked us. Noona, chukhaee! Put the ring on! " blurted Minwoo suddenly, as if his soul was back after a long time.

Their mom could only smile seeing this. For her, looking at Donghyun reminded her of how good his father treated her in the past.

Donghyun gave her the same vibe. Her first son really loved Dasom. She could see the sparkles in their eyes.

"Congratulations. Yeah, put the ring on. Eomma has no problem as long as you love each other." she said, coming closer towards Dasom. She flashed Dasom a proud smile.

"That was the reason why I bring you here, actually," he explained to Dasom. He put the ring on her left ring finger. It looked really fit on her finger.

They were sitting together, Donghyun explaining things between them, while sometimes Minwoo or his mom would go to serve the customers that came to the stall.

"Well, I need to tell eomma and Minwoo another thing," he paused for a while.

"What is that, hyung?"

"After we are engaged, we are going to Milan. Maybe for a year. I need to go there," he said, getting a same surprised reaction from Minwoo and his mother.

"But hyung, you were just back from Japan! And now you're going to Milan? Oh, where is Milan?"

Donghyun chuckled hearing his brother's last question.

"It's in Italy," said Dasom.

"Well, it's far away from here. Make sure both of you take care of each other," said their mom.

Minwoo seemed too fascinated. "Honeymoon!" he chirped. The engaged couple blushed silently.

"How about the time differences?" he asked again.

"It's about eight hours. If you call us at three in the afternoon, in Milan it will be at seven in the morning." Donghyun explained.

"Woaah… Hyung, do you know something? You looked like our Geography teacher," emitting laughter from the other three.

"Hyung, you will go far away. Eomma will miss you, you know. But don't worry." said Minwoo. "You have to protect Dasom noona, and I will protect eomma."

"I know. Thanks, Minwoo."

--

They spent a happy day with Donghyun's family. Dasom felt this family was really warm. She promised to herself to give the same warmth for Donghyun.

They were going home in the evening. Donghyun looked so happy to drive home today, unlike any other days.

The red traffic light stopped their car. Donghyun looked at the timer close to the lights.

"35 seconds," he whispered.

"Wha-" Dasom asked. The unfinished question is answered with a shift movement Donghyun did. He pulled Dasom closer. A kiss was given from Donghyun on her lips. She was surprised with this side of Donghyun. Intimidating, yet she liked it. She closed her eyes slowly.

"I'm so happy today. I… love you," his deep voice was heard near her left earlobe. Her eyes were still closed when she felt Donghyun kissed her again.

Dominance could be felt from him. The kissed turned into an intimate one. Feeling weak under his dominance, Dasom couldn't fight much. It was like Donghyun took her soul in that kiss.

Donghyun kept kissing her, letting his hand reach up to her face. He wasn't going to stop, but a car horn surprised the two of them.

Donghyun looked up to the street and he realized the traffic light was green. He went back to his driving position and stepped on the gas pedal.

Dasom, on the other hand, was still frozen. A familiar red color appeared on her cheeks.

"…" Dasom was too embarrased to say anything.

On the other hand, Donghyun warned himself. He lost his control today, and he might do it again next time, which he didn't want to happen.

He cursed himself for always wanting her and craving for her. Yet, he couldn't stand it. It became more difficult when he knew she was finally his. Well, not now, but soon. The way she looked at him with those eyes, and her innocent expression, they made him crazy.

But that wasn't what he wanted. He wanted a pure love, while he was trying to build their happiness, their company. He wanted to protect her, even from his own desire. He had promised himself to do that.

He wanted to protect her, more than anything.

--

 

Ta-daaah.. finally an update... ._. After almost a month! Phieeewh~~ Lazy author! Please don't scold meeee ><

 

Author: So sorry *bows*

Minwoo : Just forgive noona, readers. She has a lot of things to do. Anyway! She's thinking hard to get Minwoo back in the story!! Noona, I love youu~~

Author: >w<

Donghyun : Don't worry. She's always thinking about me and the story, so keep subsrcibing... Authorniiim~~ I want more kissing scene... (~O3O)~

Author: YAH!

Donghyun: uh-uh, you're jealous~~

Author: stop teasiiiing ><

Hyunseong : Author... when will be my turn to show up again? TT^TT

Jeongmin: Yeah Hyung,keep wishing, *sarcastic* I only showed up in one chapter... *sobs*

YoungKwang: Noonaaa, how about us? *puppy eyes*

Author: Aigooooo >< 

--