A Little Hope

Coming Back to You

That evening, Donghyun was confused. In one side, he didn't want to leave Dasom. But on the other hand, that was the only way to be together with her. He couldn't talk about it to Dasom since she might be worried and even more anxious. He calmed Dasom down, but he couldn't stop thinking about the problem.

Was it a must? Should he leave her for three years? She would be hurt. Should he took her somewhere and lived with her, far away from her family? But choosing to run away would also cause pain for her and her family.

He sighed, wandering around the house while thinking. Until he met Hyunseong with his black baggage.

"Hyunseong.."

" Oh, Hyung," called the younger one. He was there, trying to pull his baggage from the room that was his.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going home. Maybe I'll go for a trip for the next few days."

"Ah.." Donghyun said, surprised. "Umm... be back soon and... have a good trip." It was awkward now to say goodbye. Donghyun knew the reason Hyunseong moved from their house was because of him.

"Of course I will. Take care of Dasom, Hyung."

"Ah, yes. I will."

" You have to, Hyung. If I know she got hurt because of you, I'll take her from you." he said, half joking. But both knew he was quite serious with his words.

"I won't hurt her, you kid." said Donghyun.

"Hyung..." Hyunseong's tone got serious.

"Yeah?"

"Do what you can do for her. Don't be intimidated by her dad."

"I know Hyunseong."

"I have to go, hyung. Talk to you later," hyunseong said with a weak smile.

"Thank you." Donghyun said right before Hyunseong started to walk.

"Just take care of her," Hyunseong walked while still facing Donghyun. He smiled, hoping Donghyun understand what he had said before.

 

Donghyun walked again. He stopped near the window on one of the corridor at that house. A dimmed light from the moon made him turned his face only to examine that thing.

"The moon was pale tonight." a voice said behind him.

Donghyun turned around only to find Mr. Kim standing behind him.

"A... appa..."

"Why didn't you find me? I am waiting for you."

That statement made him froze. That man was waiting for him. he might have something serious to discuss.

"I... I-" he said, stuttered. It was like all of his soul was shattered into pieces the time he knew Mr. Kim was waiting for him. Since he was a kid, facing Mr. Kim was the scariest thing for him. It was the thing he avoided the most.

"Come and have a walk with me." asked the man whom he called Appa.

Donghyun walked behind him, or to be exact, followed him. 

"I know you already heard about my offer towards Dasom.", Mr. Kim said bluntly.

"Yes." Donghyun answered shortly. He looked at Mr. Kim's back in front of him. He always radiated cold feeling, but it was never this cold.

"And I know you were thinking about it. Do you feel it's hard to be done?" Mr. Kim looked at Donghyun.

Donghyun was lost in his thought for a few seconds before he said, "yes. You should have known."

"Well, because that way will bring us back to my original plan."

"Original plan?" Donghyun asked. He never knew such plan existed.

That old man nodded.

"When we adopted you, I never wanted you to be Dasom's love, even though my father and my wife support that crazy idea. We need a man in this family to help me expand the company. My father brought you. He said to me you would be the perfect one to protect Dasom, and also, expanding my business. You would expand it, and Dasom and her future husband would make a solid development on it. That was my plan."

Donghyun was shocked. So after all this time, he was only a business tool.

"But then... I never expect my daughter would be so dependant on you. She needs you more than I thought she would be. Even a brother-sister status didn't make both of you stop loving each other."

He smiled bitterly while he ended his sentences. Donghyun couldn't say anything. He was still trying to digest what he heard before.

"I thought having someone wyho loved her would make her forget her feeling towards you. But she was stronger than I thought. At that time she lost her memory, I pushed Hyunseong to make a move before she fell for you once again. However, I have to admit that my strategy can not defeat your love."

"A-appa..."

"I know you are shocked now. I never hate you or blame you, even thought I sometimes still treat you as a kid who has to be responsible for every mistakes Dasom made. But since you made my plan like this, please take responsibility on what you have done. Go to Milan and make a successful business there. Then I will let you be with Dasom. I won't even interfere anymore."

"Appa, it's not that easy. Even if you say so, I can't leave her..."

"Then what will you offer to me? I don't want to make it look like it is a transactional process between us, Donghyun, but in this case I have to. This company will be Dasom's happiness one day. I cannot always be here and run the company for her. In the future, It can be you, who will run this for Dasom, or it could be someone else who will snatch this company and her happiness from her.  If you say you're her happiness, you should have been included in this."

Donghyun couldn't say anything. He realized the last sentence was right. He was her happiness. Would he let this company down and Dasom's happiness being snatched from her. A childish girl who never experienced a hard life would never be ready to face the crisis of the company if one day it collapsed or taken by someone else. 

"At this time, I know she feels like she can face everything if you are with her. Even if the sky goes down, she feels she can survive with you beside her. But later, she will know that she lose so many things because of you too. Don't make her lose what should have been her."

Donghyun knew he was right. But the thought of separation made him weak.

"Appa, can't you let us together? By that I promised to take care of her and the company. I would do everything you want." Donghyun begged.

"I can't give you a permission if it's a promise that you offer. I am not easy to believe someone." his father said.

Donghyun felt a sudden anger but he restrained himself.

"I promised not to leave her. I couldn't leave her."

--

Little did they know, someone heard them talking. It was Dasom. She was looking for Donghyun when she saw him with her dad. Being curious on what they talking about, she came closer and hid herself. She heard how Donghyun begged to her father not to separate them. She clearly heard he agreed to do anything on order to always be with her.

Somehow it hurt her feeling. Donghyun agreed to do anything for her. He agreed to sacrifice his life. But what she did is only hating her father without even thinking about Donghyun. She felt really stupid and useless. 

'Oppa.. why am I so useless? Why can't I do something for you? Since we're kids, you're the one who always protect me.'

 

"Appa.. I will sign an agreement if you want. It's fine for me if you want me to work in the company for the rest of my life." Donghyun said desperately. "As long as Dasom is with me."

This broke Dasom's heart. She knew Donghyun's biggest passion is not the company. Dasom cried in silence.

She then ran to her room. She couldn't hear more than that. It hurt her so bad.

--

^^ Hii subbies and readers, XD

Me : Like Dasom, I can't see him being like this... >< Poor Donghyunnie.

Donghyun: yaaaah! You're the one who made me like this, author-nim. T^T *glomps*

Me: Just wait Donghyun, just wait and see, *smirks* and let go of me *mehrong*

Donghyun: noooo~~~ TT^TT

Me: stop whining or your next chapter will be worse :p

Donghyun : (>~<) !@#$$%

 

eheheheh, my random thought .... *bows* Someone wake me up please XD