Can Love be Remembered?

Coming Back to You

-- Donghyun's POV --

"Next time tell me first if you want to go for that therapy. You know it's dangerous. Look, now you're really tired," nagged me to her the moment after I stopped the car in front of the house.

She smiled weakly and nodded.

"I will oppa," she said. She tried to unfasten her seatbelt, but she could not find the red button.

"Here," I helped her to push the button. Right after her seatbelt was removed, she hugged me.

"Thank you, Oppa," she said to me. "For everything." She was still hugging.

"Sure, let's go inside," I suggested. It was awkward. In my mind, I cursed myself for being too weak towards her nice action to me. I opened the door and she let go of me.

Inside, we met Hyunseong. He was sitting on the couch in the living room. His expression changed once he saw Somie.  It seemed that he had been waiting for her. 

"Hyung! Dasom-ah..." he stood up, "how's your check up?"

He came closer and hugged her tight. She looked surprised. 

"It was fine," she said while trying to break his hug. "The doctor said the blood was going lesser and lesser." When she ended this sentence, a little smile made its way to her face. 

If you were happy, could I be happy for you?

"I need to tell you something," said Hyunseong to her, half whispered.

"Um? What?" Somie asked with her innocent tone.

"Come with me." With that he led her go out from the living room, leaving my sight. 

 

--Hyunseong's POV--

 

I brought her with me to the balcony on the second floor. I needed to tell her first, more than anyone else in the world, she would be the first that should know.

"Hyunseong... why are we here?"

"I need to tell you about..." I hesitated at first. How if she was going to disagree? Six month was not a long time to prepare all the things we needed for the wedding.

"About what?" she tilted her head a bit, making her looked really pretty and oblivious at the same time.

I looked into her eyes. "Dasom-ah.... marry me?"

"Eh?"

"Will you marry me?"

"Hyunseong... this is..."

"I know, I know it's too fast. But our family want us to marry soon, six month from now." I tried to explain.

"But, Hyunseong..."

"I know. But, I love you and I don't want to lose you anymore, Dasom..."

She looked down, avoiding my gaze. 

"I'm sorry about that accident. But this time.. I just want to give my best to remember all the memories of my life that I had abandoned." she said in a small voice.

"Dasom,"

I knelt  in front of her.

"You don't need to worry about anything. Your memory... I will help you later. With me...," I looked at her and hold her hands.

"Hyunseong, please stand up," she made me stand up. She walked around. "It's not like I don't want to.. but-"

I cut her words, "but I don't want you to walk and smile with other men,even if it's Donghyun hyung." I hugged her from behind.

"Donghyun oppa?" she asked when she was still in my hug.

"But he's my brother..." she said. 

I caress her hair. "But I'm always jealous because of it." I felt myself blushed. I know what I said was quite embarrassing.

"I'm sorry.." she said.

"No more sorry. I will be waiting for your answer, Dasom-ah. I just hope that you can be happy with me."

Still in my embrace, she turned around and looked at me. "I will think about it." she said softly before she blushed and hid her face from my sight.

I just hoped that she would never say those things she had said to me at that day.

 

--

"I think.. we need to break up..." she said. This made me become furious and mad.

"What? Why? Kim Dasom, we had been together for one year. I am your fiancee... Please don't play with me..."

"I know. I don't want to hurt you, Hyunseong. I.. I just want to break up and think about our relationship."

"Is it because of someone? Tell me..." only one name appeared in my mind,  "Donghyun hyung?"

"..." I could hear her breathing.

"So it's him? Dasom-ah..."

"... N-no... It-it's..." she was stammered.

"So it's him? So you loved him more than me?"

"...H-hyunseong..."

"Answer me! All this time?"

"Kim Dasom, do you really think I am too pathetic?"

--

I did not want to remember those things. It hurt. I hoped she would not say it again this time. I knew I might be wrong for loving her like this, trapping her in a kind of artificial love. But I loved her, really. And I could not let her go. Not to anyone, not to any other guys out there.