Memories

Coming Back to You

--Donghyun's POV--

I heard a voice that sounded like her. But I couldn't go and see her. I just had to go. My steps went faster until finally I saw Grandpa right in front of the front door. 

"Donghyun... are you sure you have to go?" that voice sounded like he was hurt because of me. I only nodded. Avoiding his gaze, I answered," I am sure."

"Have you check all the evidence of Dasom's accident?" instead of telling me to stay, he asked me like that. I tried to recall, and to be honest I had not listened to the record of her phone conversation.  I shook my head.

"That's okay. It was my fault anyway, Grandpa. So, I guess this is a good bye."

"If you said so, but make sure you check them all." I nodded, but I was not thinking about that at all.

I left him, I walked from that house, hoping I wouldn't miss that building, the memories, and of course people inside it, especially that one person. I got a taxi to get me to the airport. I didn't took anything from that family.

I only brought things that was belong to me, clothes, books and some precious things to me.

It was an usual flight. A short flight, to be exact, since my mind was too occupied with my plans to start a new life. But those plans were always ruined when I remember her.

--

I was arrived in front of a small apartment that I had bought years ago. I found the owner of that place, Yamazaki family, and old couple who lived by running a small apartment.  I also wanted to check whether the package had been there or not. The one who opened the door first was a little girl, maybe around three or four. She opened the door with an innocent look, but after seeing me, she ran away and hide behind Mr.Yamazaki.

That attitude... it's so her... Like our first meeting nineteen years ago....

"Ah, Donghyun-san,"

Mr. Yamazaki, he reminded me of Grandpa. He gave me my key of the apartment and the box I had sent before.

The box which was full of memory, of her.  Somie.

I brought it along with my baggage to the second floor, where my room was. I smiled bitterly when I opened the door. This apartment... reminded me of her. I remembered how the furniture was chosen by me according to her preference. At that time I planned to bring her here someday.

The furniture is all covered by a white cloth. A soft layer of dust was on it. I opened the door room and grabbed the cloth away. A beautiful new bed, a classic one, with white as its main color and some lavender colored details to complement it. A bed that she had never seen, and she would never seen forever. Because she would never know.

I tried to opened the box, which was actually only filled with my memories with her. I still didn't know what would I do with those things. Seeing them around me would make it harder to forget her. But they were my most precious things after these several years staying with her.

It was foolish for me to choose this place. After I ran from her, trying to leave her, now I was living in a place full of her memories. Ah, nevermind. I would take it as a punishment for myself.

I just needed to contact one of Japanese friends, Enoki Takuya, so he could found me a job, to be a private piano teacher. A job that Dasom's father couldn't ruin here, in Japan. He would find out about my whereabouts, sooner or later.

--

--Hyunseong's POV--

 

Dasom couldn't stand living without him. After he left this morning, she kept crying and crying. She went to his room and crying there all day. No one could tell her to stop, or even to eat and drink. I have tried several times, but she always wanted to stay in his room, crying while hugging his pillow.

"Yeoboseyo," I called her dad.

"Oh, Hyunseong. What's wrong?" asked him in a light tone. There was no worries.

"Could you go home now? Dasom is really sad, and I think her parents were the only people to cheer her up."

"What? What happened? Tell her she won't die if that kid leaves." he easily said.

"She would in this kind of state. She won't stop crying and she doesn't want to eat or drink."

"Let's see how long she would stay in that state. She will give up soon," he assured.

"How could you say so, without any worries? She's your daughter! Godforsaken daughter!" I yelled at him. "Listen, Mr. Kim. You were the one who caused this. If something happened to your daughter, make sure you won't regret it!" I threatened him and hung up the phone in frustation.

How could a father think so easily about his daughter? How could he act really calm?  I was thinking in the kitchen while Grandpa Kim suddenly appeared in front of me. 

"This is why I don't want him to go," he said to me.

I looked at him with a guilty sight. If only I did not follow what Mr. Kim told me to...

"Hyunseong," he called me.

"Do you love Dasom?" asked him, looking at me with the same expression that he always showed when he looked at Dasom or Donghyun hyung.

I nodded while answered him with a weak yes. 

"If you love her, do you want to see her happy?"

Of course I want. But I only said, "yes."

With that he smiled at me and went straight to his room.

I was there, left dumbfounded. What did he mean? Should I let her go to reach her happiness? Should I let her to be with Donghyun hyung? Should I find Donghyun hyung?

--

It had been three days, and the one who had been able to persuade Dasom to eat was her mother. She wanted to eat because her mom promised her they would meet Donghyun hyung afterwards.

However, these three days, Dasom was not her old self. She didn't cry, but she acted like her body was empty. She looked like she had no soul inside. Only if she heard Donghyun hyung's name, she could smile. The smile was also cold and empty.

These three days it seemed that she forgot some things. She even acted weirdly. She did weird things as if she was back to her childhood. Doctor called it psychological trauma. The doctor even said to bring Donghyun hyung as fast as we could, or else her trauma would be worse. But her dad did not agree. He still didn't want Donghyun hyung to comeback.

I couldn't see Dasom being like this, damaged, harmed and broken. It was really cruel to let her like this. I needed to find Donghyun hyung. No matter what would happen, Dasom's happiness is the most important. I didn't care whether she would choose me or not. Seeing her like this hurt me.

I need to find him. How could I even let Dasom to choose between us if her condition was like that?

But to whom I should ask?

--

--Donghyun's POV--

I walked my way home slowly. It was 8 pm. I had settled my job here, being a private piano teacher wasn't a bad thing to do. My students were nice and piano is a thing I liked the most.

It was being hard for me to sleep lately. I could make myself busy, but at night, I would always think about her. Maybe slowly I could forget her. Perhaps...

I opened my apartment door and turn on the light only to see an empty house. Being too exhausted I headed to my bedroom and laid on the bed right away. I looked at the ceiling. That boring ceiling again.

I shifted my gaze towards the table near my bed. There was a photo of her and me. Why everytime I looked around this house I could only remember Dasom?

I didn't know whether I was tired because of work or because my heart that was painful. Pain. I already didn't know what kind of pain I had right now.

I sat up and decided to do something with my laptop. As if my fingers moved on someone else's will, I opened the file which contained Somie's phone conversation on that day. 

"Yeoboseyo," her mom's voice was heard from the speaker of my laptop.

"Eomma... It's me. How are you?" 

"I'm fine, dear. What about you?" As usual her voice was so soft and calm. It looked like Dasom had her voice. 

"Ung, eomma.. I have a problem."

"What is that, hm?" her eomma sounded so worried. 

"Can we just cancel the engagement. Ahni, I mean I am not ready for this." Dasom said. i could feel her worries.

"You know it's your dad's decision. But why? I think you are serious with Hyunseong."

"Umm... I..." she was hesitated. "Actually, I think I don't love Hyunseong as I thought." What?

"..."

"I mean eomma... I don't know. At first I only thought he was a good man. But now I realized this is not love." She didn't love Hyunseong. 

"Dear.. are you sure?"

"I think so eomma. I... I will tell him soon."

"I see. I will tell your father later. Take care of yourself, Donghyun and Grandpa.."

"Eomma... wait..." 

"What is it?"

"Is... is it okay if I love another man?" Another man...

"Love never goes wrong, dear."

"But eomma... I don't think this is right. I just realized this person is the one I don't want to lose the most. It has never been like this with Hyunseong."

"If you believe you're right then it's right. Who is it?" Yeah, who's that?

"..."

"Oh, dear. I'll call you later, mm? tell me who's the lucky guy."

"Mmm.. arasseo eomma. Bye."

-beep-

Was it me?

another conversation heard.

"Sommie-ya" it was my voice.

"Um oppa?" 

"I need to tell you something... I know it has been too late. But... I don't want you to be Hyunseong's fiancee."

"What?" she was surprised.

"I love you, Dasom. Kim Dasom. I love you." here, her breath hitched.

"Eh? I.. I love you too." she said, doubtfully.

"I loved you as a woman. Kim Dasom. Don't see me as a brother. I am not even your blood related brother." I was emotional at that time. 

"...."

I could heard her sobbed here. After that the call was ended. It was my fault. I made her confused by saying I am not her brother. I wanted to turn the player off when I realized there was another recording.

"Yeoboseyo" this was Hyunseong's voice.

"Umm... Hyunseong.....I think.. we need to break up..." she said.

"What? Why? Kim Dasom, we had been together for one year. I am your fiancee... Please don't play with me..."

"I know. I don't want to hurt you, Hyunseong. I.. I just want to break up and think about our relationship."

"Is it because of someone? Tell me...  Donghyun hyung?" Me? 

"..." She sighed.

"So it's him? Dasom-ah..."

"... N-no... It-it's..." stammerred words came from her.

"So it's him? So you loved him more than me?"

"...H-hyunseong..."

"Answer me! All this time?"

"..."

"Kim Dasom, do you really think I am too pathetic?"

"It's not what I mean." 

"I can't talk about this now, Dasom-ah. I'll hang up now. See you soon. I still love you no matter what."

 

That was the end of the conversation. So... was that person she liked, me? I went back to my bed and trying to sleep,

Dasom... why couldn't we be together? Why our destiny should be like this?

----------

 

Updateee~~

It's quite long but I hope you guys get a really clear picture about what happened.

>w<

 

 

 

<33333333 Love Donghyun's y pose and his y back <333333333

And his latest photo with Dasom with matching couple stripes outfit~~ *sorry Bora*