Twenty

Stranger No More



As people starting filing out of the conference room, i had wanted to join them in leaving.



However Eunhyuk was still keeping a tight grip on my hand and i simply didn’t have the heart to get him to let go.



It had been our first contact since that night and as afraid as I’m to admit it, i would savour every moment of it... If not for the uncomfortable choking atmosphere hanging between Siwon and both Eunhyuk and I.



And Kyuhyun. Who seemed very at ease as he reclined further in his seat, as if waiting to see what will happen next.



Soon it was just the four of us the door of the conference room slowly shut close with a soft click.



I gulped in pure discomfort and tried to dislodge my hand from Eunhyuk's.



'Uhm Mr- Mr Lee. I need to get back to my w-work.' Damn. Why am i stammering?



He continued holding onto me and started my hands as he turned to me with a smile that I had missed so badly these days, 'Baby there's no need to be formal with me, you know that right?'



I heard Kyuhyun chuckled and saw Siwon started approaching us.



I knew that smile on Siwon's face right now. It was his facade just so he wouldn’t reveal too much of himself.

 

I knew he must be feeling awkward as right now. Seeing how Eunhyuk is behaving towards me.



'Mr Lee, i'm afraid Donghae is right about that. And I do need him.' He paused meaningfully as Eunhyuk glared at him, his hold on my hand suddenly turned into a firm grip, '...to discuss and brief me more about the sales team now.'



He cocked a brown at me, 'Donghae will you lead me to my office please?'



I was wrong. Siwon wasn’t awkward at all. He was so damn ing smooth at this.



I blurted urgently as soon as i saw Eunhyuk released my hand and stood to his feet, 'Yes. I will bring you there now!'



I quickly scattered past Eunhyuk not daring to look at him anymore as i led Siwon out of the suffocating conference room.

 

I wouldn’t dare to imagine what would have happened if I had let this continued on. I gritted my teeth in pure frustration.



I felt Siwon grabbed onto my arm as soon as we were out of the conference room but i continued walking straight ahead to the lift.



'Later.' I said.



I felt him let go.



We were silent all the way until we reached my office since i didn’t exactly know where his office was supposed to be.



My mind was in a mess. As well as my emotions.

 

Part of me was elated upon seeing Siwon after so long yet a even bigger part of me was actually worried of what Eunhyuk would be thinking right now.

 


I mentally slapped myself.

 

Why should i still continue to care about Eunhyuk. Hell, he is not even Eunhyuk! I didn’t even know what his name is and here I am worried about what would he be thinking.



I suddenly laughed at the irony of it all.



'Hae.' Siwon pulled me towards him and engulf me in his arms once we were inside my office.



I lifted my arms and patted his back. It has been too long since we last met.



That was just some time after our graduation. We broke up just before his family send him abroad for further studies.



I had never wanted to listen to his calls for a long time after that. Knowing it would be easier for my wounds to heal if he was out of my sight and out of my mind.



The calls soon stopped coming. And I couldn’t remember how, but I moved on eventually with the help of Sungmin. I carried on with my own studies, my career, got into new relationship with Eunhyuk later and somehow along the way I might have really forgotten about him.



'How have you been Wonnie?'



'I've missed you so much.' My heart clenched painfully out of guilt upon hearing that.



'Wonnie...' Don’t tell me that. Don’t.



He pulled us apart and grabbed onto my shoulders tight.



His voice firm and full of determination, 'I'm never leaving again this time. I will get you back.'



---



Hyukjae's POV



'Stop it.'



Kyu stopped flipping through the papers and stared in confusion at me.



'Don’t you want to know? Do you know how hard it is for me to find such old records?' He lifted the papers and shook it.



I sighed and felt my shoulders shagged. Would i lose before i even start fighting?



'No Kyu. I don’t want to know.'



Kyu was silent for a while, a frown between his brows.



'Why? I remembered you had wanted these information urgently.'



'Kyu. I don’t want to dig things behind his back anymore. If i wanted to know about their past then i will only hear it from him. Not these.' I pointed to those papers in Kyu's hands.



His eyes widened at what he heard, 'Wow I’m actually impressed. I know for a fact that you must be worried sick right now. Based on what I had gathered from the information, that guy Choi Siwon is not easy to deal with. And did you happen to forget something? Donghae is still avoiding you.'



I cringed slightly at that but recalling the little episode in the conference room earlier, how his hand had grabbed onto mine gently in comfort, i suddenly found some of my worries fade away.



I looked down at my hands, imaging his hand in mine earlier.

 

He must have had a soft spot for me to want to touch me despite all the lies and deceit.



I felt a slow smile spread across my face. Hope rising on the inside.



'Kyu, you forgot. I’m not easy to deal with, too.'



---

 

A/N: Just a filler chapter =)

Kyumin up next!