Chapter 33.

Loving You

"Hey, where are you right now?" Kris asked me through the phone. 

"I'm at Donggeun's house. Wae?" I replied, cutting apples for Peniel. 

"Thank you." Peniel said while shoving apples into his mouth. 

"A-At his house? WAE?!" Kris exclaimed. 

"Yah, you didn't answer my question. Why are you asking about where I'm at?" I asked. 

"Your boyfriend can't be worried about where you are? You have an hour to get to the hospital~ Let's go out on a date before we go back to our house." Kris whined. 

"O-Our house? When did we get a house together?" I asked shocked. 

"Well, since you're my girlfriend.. I decided that we should live together. The doctor said you're in further care so I have to be with you 24/7. Also you still have to repeat a semester for your University. You've been gone for a while." Kris said. 

My eyes widened. I got into Uni? Whoa. Mind blown. I stared at Peniel as he was quietly eating apples. 

"Donggeun-ah." Peniel looked up, searching for my voice. 

"Yeah." Peniel responded with a apple hanging out of his mouth. 

"When does your brother come back?" I asked, hoping that it was before an hour. 

I kind of anticipated for this date with Kris. 

"He said at 6:30. Wae?" Peniel replied. 

"I have to leave at 7 for my Uni and to go to the hospital. I'll stay here until your brother gets here too~" I singsonged. 

Peniel smiled as he ate more apples. 

--

"Yah, where are you?" Kris impatiently asked through the phone. 

"Yah, where are you?" I mimicked him. 

"Hey, didn't I tell you to meet me at the hospital at 7?" Kris responded sounding a little annoyed. 

"It's only 6:35.. I'm on my way." I told him as I hung up. 

"H-Hey, wait. Ugh, I didn't even say bye yet and she hangs up!" Kris hit the steering wheel. 

--

"Annyeong~" I said as I peeked my head into the car.

"Yah, what took you so long?" Kris asked with a worried expression. 

"I met a cute cat on the way and decided to.. you know, pet it and buy it milk." I explained. 

"I'll let you off because of it was a cute cat." Kris said. 

"Yay!" I cheered and closing the door. 

We stayed in the car for about 2 minutes with an awkward silence. 

"Oh my gosh.." Kris murmured to himself. 

Kris went over me and reached for the seatbelt as I held my breath. My heart started beating uncontrollably as Kris sighed and drove off to the house. 

Is it because of the feelings before the accident?