Double L

Grease My Way Into Your Heart

 

        Laugh and Love

            By the time the three of them got to the crowded party room, everyone was already there, jamming out to the songs pounding over the loudspeakers. Himchan grabbed Jewell’s hands and danced with her. “You’re going to dance with me allll night,” he said.

            Zelo heard and pouted. “But, Hyung, that’s not fair! I wanted to dance with Noona.”

            Himchan hugged Jewell closer and snarled. “Life isn’t fair. It’s a good lesson to learn Junhong. Remember it for the next year.”

            The maknae pouted and Jewell frowned. “Himchan, maybe your resolution for the new year should be to be less mean to him. He really is still a baby.”

            Himchan pinched her cheeks. “I know, dear. I’m just trying to teach him to be a man. Hush, it’s our time today, okay?”

            She dropped it because it was Himchan being Himchan and she could see that Zelo was already back on his happy high. They danced and Himchan acted stupid. The entire night passed and finally, everyone gathered by the window to watch the fireworks.

            As the year drew to an end, each firecracker that shot into the air became a counter. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1~

            As everyone else around them cheered, Himchan tipped Jewell’s chin up towards him and leaned down to place his lips softly against hers. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he grinned, almost triumphantly if she would say.

            “Let’s spend the next year and the years after that together,” he whispered, lacing their fingers together. From across the room, Jill winked and mouthed, “He sure greased his way into your heart.”