R

Grease My Way Into Your Heart

 

      Ring

          Jewell liked accessories. She liked to decorate her otherwise simple outfits with jewelry, scarves, belts and whatever other accessories she could match. It was important to her that whatever she wore showed her personality and matched.

            She browsed through the rings and necklaces in the shop. There didn’t seem to be anything that was right. She continued searching. She had an interview to go to and she wanted a simple ring to wear with her blazer.

            In the pile of rhinestones, she saw something that caught her eye. It was a ring with cat eyes glittering on it. At the same time she reached for it, another hand got it before she could. She looked up and saw the back of someone very familiar.

            “Hey, Yongguk! Can I have that ring please?”

            He turned and looked uneasy as he shook his head. “Uh, had my eye on it for a while. Sorry. Gotta pay for it and go.”

            She bit her lip, trying not to cry. The one thing she had wanted and he would take it away from her. Jewell shook her head and sighed. There was something wrong. Yongguk normally wasn’t so mean.

            When she got home, she saw a box sitting on her doorstep. She bent and picked it up. There was the ring nestled in a velvet box. “Be Mine?” A note asked and had a drawing of a kitten next to the signature. –Kim Himchan