Double D

Grease My Way Into Your Heart

 

    Dates and Dares

            For their first date, Jewell asked that they went to the amusement park. She chuckled a little on the inside, knowing Himchan had a slight fear of rides. She wasn’t exactly being evil, she just wanted… to test his dedication to her.

            When she had mentioned it, Himchan had gulped and looked about to puke. He nodded slowly. “Sure, why not? I’ll take care of you in case you get scared.” Jewell rolled her eyes. Seems more like her job in this case.

            Himchan picked her up and they went to the nearby amusement park. All the while, Himchan’s hands gripped hers tightly. The moment they walked in, she pointed at the tallest and fastest ride. “Let’s go!”

            Her newly anointed boyfriend turned pale. “Of course. Let’s go. Will it mess up my hair though?”

            Jewell rolled her eyes. “Is that your concern?”

            Himchan grinned cheesily. “Of course, babe. What else would be my problem?”

            She reached up and tousled his hair. “There, now you don’t have to worry.” He glared at her for a while before pulling her onto the line.

            Himchan was trembling by the time they reached the front. Jewell handed over their tickets and Himchan’s leg shook. They climbed into the cart and he helped to strap her in. He clutched her left hand and she jerked it out.

            “Hold onto the railings.”

            “No,” he refused. “You’re my life. I will rather hold onto you.” He winked at her. Jewell blushed and giggled. Himchan was too stupid to argue with. The cart jerked and premature screams filled the air.

            Once the ride shot off, Himchan cringed and Jewell laughed. She stole a look at him and saw that he was making his derpy faces. She shook their entwined hands. “Hey, open your eyes. The view is beautiful.”

            Himchan quickly opened one eye to glance at the sun beaming over the lake. He nodded. “Yes, pretty.” As if in afterthought, he quickly added, “But not as pretty as you!”

            Jewell shook her head. Even when scared out of his wits, he never failed to make his stupid greasy comments. “Hey Himchan I dare you to throw your arms up and scream something.”

            This caught his attention and he scowled. He shakily let go of her, screamed, “I love Jewell!” before reaching back down to hold her hand. He raised their hands. “I will never let you go!” he screamed.

            When the ride came to an end, the elderly couple behind them congratulated them on having a beautiful relationship. Himchan beamed. “A man is nothing without his companion,” he said, throwing Jewell a sly glance.