S

Grease My Way Into Your Heart

 

  Smile

            Her smile would brighten up the room the moment she walked in. He liked to watch her interact with her friends and little kids because that was when she smiled the most. Himchan liked to admire her from afar, as creepy as that sounded. He watched her laugh and explain something to the little kids at the community center. She was most beautiful when she was with children.

            “Oppa?” a little child tugged on his jeans. “Can you tell me a story?” she asked.

            Himchan smiled. “Of course. What do you want to hear?”

            She climbed into his lap. “Tell me the story of the princess and how the prince came to rescue her.” He started to speak.

            Jewell watched him from across the room. They had volunteered at the nearby community center and the kids were adorable. She liked how he let himself loose with the kids. She watched the little girl climb into his lap and his face brightened into the most beautiful smile she has ever seen. His eyes softened and the gentle curve of his lips swept upwards.

            She watched him regale the girl with stories, his hands moving with the plot and couldn’t help the sappy grin that made its way onto her face. Maybe this Himchan is nice. She liked that he wasn’t just a ball of grease. This meant that he had depth as well. She absentmindedly patted the little boy’s head. He had fallen asleep and now she could watch Himchan.

 It took her a while to realize that he was staring at her. And when she did realize, she blushed and cast her eyes downward, looking away.