U

Grease My Way Into Your Heart

 

 Ugly

            Sometimes he suffered from a severe lack of self-confidence and those days were his worst. He would be angry at the world and try his best to seclude himself from everyone else. The other members were aware of it but they didn’t quite know what extent he went to with this self-loathing.

            The fans could be insensitive at times. When he posted certain pictures or when cameras took him at different angles, a bit of his chubbiness would show and they would immediately point it out. This bothered him. He had been suffering from fat problems for a long time.

            Himchan hated it when he looked into the mirror and only saw how ugly he was. Maybe this was why Jewell wanted nothing to do with him. He was too hideous, too much for a person to look at. He was exceptionally down today and started writing his thoughts down on paper.

            Out of nowhere, a hand snatched the paper from his hands and Jewell’s eyes flashed angrily as they read through what he had written.

            “Ugly? Is this why you had Junhong worried about you? You had the maknae worried about your happiness simply because you felt like being shallow and worry about your looks?” she was mad at him.

            He shrugged, not wanting to deal with her right now. “Eh, it is what it is.”

            She tore the paper in half right in front of him and threw it into the nearby trashcan. “I’m only going to say this once, Kim Himchan. You. Are. Not. Ugly. You are one of the most attractive men I have ever met and don’t let anyone say otherwise. You do not need to go on a diet, for goodness’ sakes. I feel fat next to you. Now are you done?”

            It took him a moment. But when he realized what she had said, he smiled. Jewell’s words suddenly came rushing back to her and she froze. Oh snap. Why had she said all that? In a moment of panic, she pushed past him and started running.

            “Gotta go, I’m going to be late for babysitting!”