Double C

Grease My Way Into Your Heart

 

Confessions and Conditions

            He had the entire thing planned. He would get his contact to set Jewell up and he would be there waiting to surprise her. Everything was done on his part, all that had to happen was Jewell. He rubbed his hands together. Maybe this wasn’t the most romantic thing a guy could do, but this was the most romantic Kim Himchan could do. His phone beeped. The contact affirmed that Jewell has arrived. He forwarded the message.

            Jewell stepped into the house, wondering why her friend insisted on escorting her home and then abandoning her under the pretense that she had a date with Daehyun. She cautiously pushed open the door to her own house and screamed. A figure stepped out from the shadows and held out a piece of paper.

            “Who the hell are you?” She crouched, getting ready to attack. He waved the paper insistently and she caught the gummy smile. “Yongguk.” Then her suspicions settled in. “What the hell is Himchan doing?” She glanced down at the letter.

            Follow the rose path to your heart. She scoffed and walked. The rose petals were scattered all over the floor. They twisted off into the kitchen and there she found another person waiting. This time it was Jongup.

            He grinned happily at her and said, “In order to find the key to your heart, find the lock and throw it away. Are you hungry, Noona? Go eat!” He presented a mango cake. Jewell was forced to sit and take bites out of it.

            She bit down on something hard and nearly choked. Spitting it out, she saw that it was a tiny lock that instructed her to go to the kitchen garbage can. She smiled a bit. This was sort of fun. She walked over to find Zelo and Youngjae holding fort. Zelo held his hands out for the lock and he threw it away.

            Youngjae gave her a map. The lines zigzagged around but knowing her own house, she realized they led to her room. She started on her way only to be stopped by Daehyun. “Aren’t you supposed to be on a date?” she asked suspiciously.

            Daehyun grinned. “It’s all lies. Here,” he blindfolded her and she screamed.

            “If he does anything to me,” she trailed off when she felt herself pushed into the room.

            Soft jazz music was playing and she could smell scented candles. Stupid Himchan. All this effort. He untied her blindfold and smiled at her. “Jewell, I don’t even think this is a confession. You already know how much I like you, will you go out with me?”

            She stared at him. She thought back to the entire time she’s known him and smiled. “Under my conditions.”

            His face darkened slightly. “Name them.”

            “You never ever let your greasy side show again.”

            “That’s impossible! Grease is a part of who I am!”

            She placed her hands on her hips. “Then don’t show others your greasy side; it’s embarrassing!”

            Himchan nodded as if he understood. “Ah, so that’s what this is all about. Not embarrassing, more like baby’s going to be jealous. I see. Sure, not a problem. My grease is yours alone.”

            She glared at him and Himchan brought a fist to his cheek. “Buing buing?”