Winter Rain

사랑은 | LUV is...

 

The day she has been waiting for finally arrive, she dress herself prettily today. She smile and chuckle to herself as she gets ready.

Eunhye receive a text from Yonghwa yesterday, giving her the meeting point. She think she might not be able to drive her scooter that day, so she hurried to take a taxi to their meeting place, not forgetting to bring her confession drawing.

Eunhye hold onto it with her dearly life, her life might depends on it. She keeps on smiling to herself.

8 o’clock in the night, she arrives an hour earlier than they had promises.

She takes a sit on the bench, she keep on changing her sitting spot. She stand, she walks around the bench.

10 o’clock, an hour past their meeting time, Eunhye get more nervous.

‘Yonghwa a bit late, did something happen’ Eunhye check her phone, afraid if she misses a call from him.

Cold wind blows, ‘Cold,’ Eunhye hug herself.

Eunhye look around, ‘It must be too cold tonight, and there are not a lot of people around’

Eunhye take a stroll around the park, it located on top of a hill. She crouches down near a flowerbed.

‘Ah! They plant chrysanthemum too’ Eunhye admire the flower stem, ‘Stay strong for the winter, and bloom prettily!’ she wishes the flower.

She does not realise the time has passes while she stare at the flower.

            “What is the time now,” it nearing 11.00 o’clock in the night,

She stares at her drawing, her confession drawing. She smiles shyly as she slowly looks at it one by one.

The first page was their first time meeting when Yonghwa mother come to greet them, she admit that she has like him from that moment.

Sunflower is the first flower that Yonghwa gave to her and when she misses him, she will unconsciously draw the flower.

Every page has each of their special moment that they spend together, the memory engrave in her heart.

The smile will not leave her lips. Eunhye tilt her head towards the entrance of the park. She stares for a while, and she keep on staring at that direction.

Few minute later, she notices a figure arriving at the entrance. Eunhye quickly stand, she quickly stand and smoothen her blouse and skirt. She holds the drawing at her back with both of her hand.

Eunhye happy smile turn into shy smile as she blush a bit when Yonghwa getting near to her. She notices that he is looking dazzling as ever with his killer smile.

            “Hey” Yonghwa smile as he brush his hair lightly, he has change his hair colour again.

Eunhye can’t keep her eye from him, as she keep staring to him, “Hi”

            “Are you cold? Your cheek is red”

Eunhye shake her head repeatedly, “No, No, Not at all… I’m warm enough”

Yonghwa chuckle seeing her reaction, “you’re still as cute as ever Eun-chan”

Her cheek redden, they stand looking at each other. Both of them were smiling. Eunhye normally cannot stare him directly, but she dares herself to do it now.

They stand staring at each other for a while. Both of them are trying to find the right timing to spill their words.

Eunhye tighten her hold on the drawing, wishing for strength from it. She takes a deep breath, ‘it is now or never Eun-chan,’ she make her mind.

            “I’ve something to tell you!” strangely, both of them say it on the same time.

‘Ah! Is it our fate?’ she smiles looking at him.

            “You have something to tell me too?” Yonghwa ask her.

She nod lightly,

While they were bickering over who should talk first, “Oppa” a girl walk towards them.

Yonghwa turn to see her while Eunhye look around, wondering if she was calling someone else.

Yonghwa turn to face Eunhye, his expression seem glowing. The girl stands closely to Yonghwa and smile to Eunhye.

            “Hi, I’m Seo Joohyun,” she pause and look at Yonghwa, they smile lovingly to each other, “Yong Oppa fiancé”

Her word hit Eunhye hard, she almost choke herself.

            “Oh! Oppa, you haven’t told Unnie yet?” Joohyun slap his arm lightly.

            “I’m just about to tell her that” he smiles.

Yonghwa look at Eunhye, she tries hard to control her expression.

            “I wanted to tell you first, I’m engaged to this lovely person” Yonghwa explain it to her, Eunhye smile bitterly, she keep on smiling while looking at both of them.

‘They look good together too’

            “Yong Oppa wanted to tell you personally, he says that Eun-chan Unnie is his childhood friend, and you met again recently and became best buddy too” she smile sincerely as she explain it to her.

‘Don’t call me by that name’ the word stuck in , if she can pull that girl long silky hair maybe she will be happy.

The cold wind blows harder, Yonghwa hug Joohyun closer. Eunhye look at them with fire in her eye, she does not fell the coldness anymore. Nevertheless, she tries to put her best smile intact.

The sudden sound of thunder shock them,

            “Oppa, we better get going” Joohyun hold onto his arm.

            “Sure, Eun-chan… what do you want to tell me?”

Eunhye startled, “Oh, I just want to wish you happy New Year and congratulation for finishing your study, and thanks for sharing the good news, hope both of you are happy together” she try hard to smile to him.

            “Thanks Eun-chan, so… we better get going. Goodbye” Yonghwa hold Joohyun hand.

            “Goodbye Unnie, nice meeting you” she bow to her and both of them walk together in hand leaving Eunhye alone.

 

 

 

'Don't leave, don't leave, Please...'  Eunhye chanted as she keep looking at their back until they are gone from her sight.

The rain start to fall to the earth, Eunhye stand still in the darkness and cold rain, her head lay low as tears start to flow from her eye.

Holding tightly into her drawing, it gets soaked in the rain. Eunhye feet slowly make her way, walking without destination.

Slowly her hand let go of the drawing, it fall into the ground. The watercolours fade away with the rain, a failed confession.

Eunhye drag herself thru the street, people making their way with their umbrella, it is a cold night.

Eunhye feel empty,

Feel numb,

She don’t feel the coldness of the winter night,

She don’t feel the icy cold rain hitting her body,

Her legs keep moving forward to nowhere.

From the hectic street, she finally reach somewhere, she stood still. Trying to feel the coldness from the rain, but she feels nothing.

Eunhye sob, she finally sobs. She sobs harder knowing that nobody will hear her cried.

Finally, the rain drizzle, it will stop soon. Eunhye try hard to see where she is. With her teary eye, she looks around.

Blur, she rubs her eye a few times then she notices the familiar café, Seungho café.

As she moves forward to the café, the rain start to fall heavily, she drags herself thru it.

Eunhye punch the window glass near the door, it shattered. Eunhye hand get cut by the broken glass, blood flow out.

 Strangely, she does not feel anything.

The rainwater drip onto the floor, she make her way inside the kitchen. Eunhye rummage thru the utensil.

Clink clank, the noise of the silver utensil hit the floor as she toss everything down while looking for something she needed at that moment.

Eunhye eye look empty as she look mindless opening every drawer and then finally she find the sharp cutting knife.

She sit at the side of the kitchen cabinet, she run the knife on her palm. The red blood came rushing out.

Strangely, she does not feel anything.

Eunhye look at the blood flowing, dripping to the floor. She wants to make a cut at her arm.

            “Stop it!” with a scream, the man came near her.

Eunhye look at him, without putting the sharp knife from her arm. She slowly drags it and blood run thru the opening of her skin.

            “Oppa, I can’t feel anything. This doesn’t hurt me at all” using her blooded palm, she rubs her teary cheek, it smudge her cheek.

            “Give the knife to me, you are hurt” Seungho crouch down.

Eunhye ignore his words.

            “Eun-chan, please” he call her calmly.

Hearing that name, her heart get another cut, it cut deeper. Eunhye feel so hurt inside.

            “Shut up Oppa! Shut up!!” she scream as one of her hand hold onto her chest.

‘If I stop breathing, the ache in my heart will stop to’ in fast motion, she aims to cut her wrist.

Immediately, Seungho has to take action. Eunhye manage to slit her wrist, but it does not cut deep. Both of them struggle. Seungho hold her arm tightly, stopping any motion, but a determined Eunhye is not easy to deal with.

            “I’m sorry” he apologise, even though the tears keep flowing in her eye, Seungho don’t sense Eunhye in the body, her eye look lifeless, empty and dark.

Seungho slap Eunhye cheek.

Eunhye stop struggling, Seungho take the knife easily and throw it far.

Seungho search her eye, looking into her.

Eunhye look like she just wakes up from a deep sleep, nightmare and her eye start to get teary.

            “Oppa… its hurt” Eunhye sob again, as if she has not been crying before, the stream of tears came flowing again.

Seungho take her into his hug, he hugs her tighter.

Eunhye cries into his chest.

It still rains outside, and it raining hard. Like the tears streaming down from Eunhye eye.

 


 

wait for my next update~ 2 more chapter to go, hope so! hwaiting!!!

thanks for reading! saranghae!