One kind of love

사랑은 | LUV is...

 

They seat at the table staring at each other without making any sound, luckily the café close earlier today.

G.O gazes over them, worrying something might happen as he clean up the cake counter.

            “Oppa?” Eunhye bang the door open, and run towards the table.

            “Did something happen?”

Seungho reply with a smile, “Are you okay?” she ask again, without realising the young man sitting in front of Seungho.

Seungho has called her to rush to the café as if something terrible had happen.

Seungho stand and help her to sit down, now she can clearly see Hongki. He looks trouble and tries to avoid her gaze.

            “This happen, this is as much as I can help” he smile, Eunhye understand and she nod smiling back to him. “Eun-chan” he playfully brushes her hair, he chuckle when he saw Hongki face change as he called her with that name.

They look at each other with tense while trying to read each other face.

Cling clang, the sound from G.O cleaning is the only sound they could hear.

Silent,

            “I’m sorry!” both of them say it on the same time.

Silent again and their expression smoothen.

Hongki chuckle and then Eunhye follow too.

Seungho was watching suddenly smile too.

            “I’ve been treating you badly” Hongki look at her, he bite his lips.

            “Why, is it because Seungho Oppa?”

            “Even before that happen Eunhye, who is Seungho to you? He called you differently” a trace of jealousy emits from Hongki.

Eunhye look at Seungho, who pretend to be busy helping G.O, but G.O seems unhappy with the help.

            “He is in the family, Hongki-ah” she smiles to Hongki.

            “Seriously, You never told me that you have brother, aren’t you the only child in the family?” Hongki seem confuse with the information.

She chuckle and explain everything to him.

            “This is not the only reason right?” she asks him, looking straight into his eye.

            “I’m lonely and you’ve been ignoring me for god knows how long. You’ve change a bit, I feel left out from your life Eunhye”

Hongki notice the change in her face.

            “You’ve been mysterious and very secretive Eunhye”

Eunhye look trouble by his words. Hongki grab her hands on the table.

Eunhye look at him and he smile to her,

            “Don’t worry…” he tightens his hold, “I guess you are not ready to tell me everything”

Eunhye nod her head slowly.

            “It’s okay, but just don’t leave me clueless. Lee Hongki is a part of your life too so don’t leave me out to be alone Yoon Eunhye-shi”

Eunhye nod her head repeatedly, she smile warmly.

Looking at the two of them, Seungho feel lighten.

While enjoying the cake and hot chocolate, they watch the first snow falls.

Winter has started, even though it is chilly outside, their heart is warm.


 

Everyone is busy with the preparation for the final, club activities put on hold. For the final year student, this is their last chance to give their best. The junior student is helping to prepare the place for the final show of the senior.

Eunhye type on her phone and sent an email to her close friend.

She heard a chuckle from her left side.

            “Why Hongki?” she ask the young boy siting with his phone in hand.

He shown her the text and chuckle again, “can’t you say it directly to me?”

            “I can’t” she holds her brush, “see,” and continues her job.

He laughs hearty, “Come on, let’s grab something.  I’m hungry too”

He takes the brush on her hand and put it away, both of them make their way to the cafeteria.

 


 

Eunhye tap her finger on the table, she dazed again as she watch the falling snow thru her window.

She touch her cheek, a tingling feeling came to her.

A kiss on the cheek, feel so real.

So real, but it is too good for it to be true.

‘Must have been a dream,’ Eunhye stare blankly outside.

 


 

Eunhye prepare her place for the assessment, she hangs her painting and she arranges the merchandise. She runs here and there, as she keeps forgetting something. When the sunset she finally finished everything.

            “Hey, has you finish everything”

Eunhye is standing looking at her finish stall,

            “Yes, how bout yours?” she pick up her bag and the garbage.

            “Just finish, let’s go”

Hongki and Eunhye finally leave the building.

            “Tomorrow going to be a long one” Hongki sigh.

            “Totally, I’m so nervous about it”

Both of them chuckle, even after several years of doing it they still has cold feet before the assessment day.

 


 

            “Eunhye, good luck,” Hongki let go of her hand, she nod and smile to him. As she walks inside the room, the others wish her the best and she reply with a smile.

Eunhye take a deep breath as she hold the doorknob, ‘Eunhye! You can do it!’ with that word, she enters and closes the door back.

She explain her project and artwork, introducing the Korean four season and its flower, even though its common to know that Mugunghwa (Rose of Sharron) is a summer flower, not a lot of people notice other flowers that bloom in different season. Eunhye also provided them with merchandise that using her artwork as an item from promoting Korea to foreigner and at the same time educational for Koreans itself.

The question and answer session start, Eunhye get nervous. The panel is quite satisfied with her work, even though she still has some flaws. One of the panel hope that her project can be show to the Korean Tourism and used as one of their promotional item.

Eunhye thanks the panel then bow to them and walk out from the room, she meet with Hongki at the front door, his turn come after her finish.

            “Do your best Hongki-ah” she taps his shoulder and walk away.

She ended the conversation with her mother soon after she saw Hongki walk towards her.

Hongki grab her hand and drag her towards their department, she quietly follow.

They reach their studio, after Eunhye gets in, he close the door and dance crazily,

            “I’ve made it! Awesome!” he force Eunhye to join her, both of them jump madly.

            “Yeah!!!” two kids scream and jump happily.

They were so happy that they make it.

They happily pack their item as they chat away.

Hongki sit at her stool as Eunhye stand near the window, their favourite spot. Both of them look around the studio. They will not be using this studio after this. A year has passed, memory flashing by them.

They look at each other and smile.

            “Hongki, I’ve something to tell you” Eunhye take a step and walk towards him.

            “What?” Hongki tilt his head a bit, looking extremely cute for no reason.

She rest both of her hand on his shoulder, Hongki wrap his hand at her waist.

Hongki tilt her head and look at her, and then he clearly heard every words that she say, he quietly listen.

Hongki drag her body closer, he hugs her as he rests his head on her shoulder. Both of them stay still for a moment, Eunhye stand quietly waiting for Hongki to say something.

            “I never thought that this day would come”

Eunhye feel someone is watching. She looks towards the door, but no one is there.

            “Come on, we better go, it’s getting late” Hongki release her, both of them leave the department.

They end up having dinner at Seungho café,

            “Congratulation for your final assessment, everything went well right” G.O help to serve them.

            “Yup” both of them grind happily.

            “I’ll make something good for both of you, enjoy the spaghetti first” G.O smile and return to the kitchen.

The café is close earlier for a week due to Cheondung and Mir busy with the final exam and Joon is sick.

Seungho is having piano lesson upstairs.

While they were having some cake, “Eunhye, are you serious about the matter?”

            “Yes,”

Hongki sigh, “You know that I can’t stop you,”

Eunhye nod her head, agreeing.

            “Well, good luck is at least what I should say”

            “Thanks Hongki,”

Eunhye sigh in relieve. Hongki smile back at her.

            “I hate it that I can’t have you for myself”

            “I love you” she smiles as she takes another spoon of cake.

            “I love you more” Hongki grind happily.

 


 

Assa! well, I LOVE YOU TOO!!!!!

^^ Thanks a lot for reading...

leave a comment if you wanted to ask anything~ heeeeee~