Sweet Summer Morning

사랑은 | LUV is...

Eunhye open her closet, take out a box. She has been keeping that cat plush toy from her sight for a long time. Eunhye hugs it tight and dance around the room. Mrs Yoon can hear laughter from her daughter room, she knock on the door.

            “Come in Eomma” Eunhye jump to her bed, and sit quietly.

Mrs Yoon comes in “What’s making you so happy Eun-chan?”

Eunhye shake her head, “Nothing Eomma” she smile showing her teeth.

            “Eun-chan, do you want to visit Seungho Oppa today?”

            “Not really Eomma, but I’m not doing anything today. Why?”

            “Help Eomma send few pot of herb to the café, will you?

Eunhye gladly help her mom. Mrs Yoon notice the cat plush toy, it is a present from Yonghwa, Eunhye childhood friend. Now she knows what’s make her daughter happy.

Eunhye walk thru the archway while holding a box of potted herb in her hand. She walk to the kitchen entrance and give the box to G.O, he is the chef of the café.

Eunhye walk out and saw Minhwan.

            “Minhwan? What are you doing here?”

He is shock when Eunhye tap his shoulder, “Unni” he put his finger on his lips, signalling her too keep quite. He pulls Eunhye down, crouching on the floor.

            “They are going to see us”

            “Who’s Minhwan?” Eunhye feeling confuse.

Minhwan giggle seeing Eunhye confuse face, Minhwan show her what he has been snooping on his camera.

            “Why are you doing this?”

            “I’m hoping they can be more open when they are with us, they should act like a couple more, right Noona? Like you and Hongki Hyung or Chunji and Leehi?”

Before she could answer, Minhwan grab her arm, “Noona, they move. Let’s catch up with them!”

Minhwan and Eunhye sneakily follow the couple without them noticing. The couple and the spy play at the amusement park all day long.

            “Minhwan, aren’t they tired playing all day long?” Eunhye breathe hardly, being a spy totally all her energy. ‘Since when did I get tired so easily?’ Eunhye think while she drinks a bottle of water.

            “Noona, they are lining for the Gyro Drop, do you want to play?” Minhwan see Eunhye face shine brightly when she heard his word, Minhwan chuckle.

            “Neh! Let’s line up!” Both of the spy line up with the other, even though they get to seat near the couple but because Jonghun and Taeyeon was to occupied with each other they don’t notice them.

Eunhye like thrill ride like this, it is exhilarating. They scream enjoying the thrill when the platform suddenly drops from the top.

Eunhye nearly lose her voice from all the screaming. They continue following the couple.

            “The time is now Noona”

They prepare to appear in front of them while they busy eating the ice cream and feeding each other.

            “Hi guys!” Eunhye jump in front of them, they stop suddenly in shock almost dropping the ice cream.

            “Well-well-well, what we got here” Minhwan walk around them “Wearing the same colour tee and shoe, a couple item” Minhwan starting to point what obvious.

            “Come on guys, what are doing trying to scare us like that” Taeyeon started to walk, but Minhwan block her way.

            “Hyung, cut the act out because we know it” Minhwan smirk evilly.

            “Yah! Cut what out?” Jonghun ignore both of his junior. They try to walk from them.

            “Unni, just tell us. I’m so tired following you guys all day long”

Eunhye sit on the nearest bench while holding onto Taeyeon arm. Taeyeon glare to her in shock, Eunhye nod her head.

            “Don’t you guys have anything else to do? Following people around, respect our privacy please,” Taeyeon take a seat next to Eunhye, giving up on keeping the secret from them.

            “So you guys admit that you are dating?” Minhwan ask for confirmation.

Jonghun see Taeyeon, asking approval. They both nod their head in agreement.

Minhwan giggle, “Okay Hyung! Goodbye, we’d be going now” he takes Eunhye hands, and they walk away “Assa! Noona lets buy ice cream, on me”

Jonghun and Taeyeon watch them going, feeling dumbfounded.

            “What’s wrong with them?” they see each other, trying to find a reasonable conclusion.

            “They...” Taeyeon think and stop, cannot find a word to say.

            “Why...” Jonghun shake his head, he turn his attention to Taeyeon. They smile and then giggles.

The summer night is still warm. Eating ice cream is refreshing after a long day of spying and playing too.

Someone caught Minhwan attention. “Noona… it’s Seunghyun Hyung”

Eunhye turn to see a couple siting few table from their left.

            “Is that Seunghyun girlfriend? But…” Eunhye does not finish her word.

            “Latest girlfriend” Eunhye continue her word when she finishes the ice cream in her spoon.

            “Good guessing Noona” he continue “if I show all his picture with his girlfriend, I doubt he won’t even remember half of them”

            “You are bad mouthed your Hyung behind their back”

Minhwan let the spoon in his mouth, he takes his hand up, surrender “I’m just saying, and he is currently beside us, not back”

They laugh it out, Seunghyun notice them.

            “Hey Minhwan, what are you doing here?”

            “Playing spies Hyung,” Minhwan said then put the spoon back in the bowl, they have finished everything.

He doesn’t bother to ask more, knowing Minhwan interest. After a while Eunhye and Minhwan leave the couple.

While they were in the bus,

            “I’ve much fun today” Eunhye express her feeling.

            “Me too, thank for joining me for the day Noona”

            “Well, you kind of force me to join you, but it was fun”

Minhwan say sorry and smile and when the bus stops, Jaejin jump in and saw them.

            “Hey” Jaejin seat on the empty in front of them and turn to talk with them.

            “Jaejin-ah, you look tired,” Eunhye look at his face.

            “I’m okay Noona”

Minhwan tell him what they do that day.

            “Jonghun been acting weirdly this lately” Jaejin chuckle thinking of his Hyung.

            “They must have their own reason for keeping it, but I’m glad if they can act naturally when they are with us, right?” They nod their head in agreement with Eunhye word.       

Jaejin phone ring, he answer it before it can ring for too long.

            “My girlfriend” he tells them when he finishes talking to the phone.

            “The one that I almost caught ki…”    

“Yes… yes…” Jaejin cut Eunhye word, he blush shyly.

“What Noona? Tell me!” Minhwan find it interesting.

“Yah! Yah! Minhwan! Shut up” Jaejin wanted to make Minhwan stop asking. Luckily, they were the only people in the bus, or others will be mad because they were so loud.

            “Goodbye guys! See you soon,” Eunhye bid them goodbye when she arrive at her stop.

            “Goodbye Noona! Goodnight!” they wave their hand and the bus zooms away.

Eunhye is opening the gate when her phone rings, she checks at the caller number, it is an unknown number, and Eunhye hesitate to answer the call.

            “Hello” the caller nearly put the phone but then he heard Eunhye voice.

            “Eun-chan?” he mumble her name.

There is only a person in the world called her by that name after her family.

            “Yonghwa”

He smiles hearing his name, knowing she has gave him the right number to call that night they meet at the beach.

            “Yes, it’s me”

They start talking and Eunhye walk towards the garden, the Mugunghwa or Hibiscus Syriacus  the beautiful national flower of Korea also symbolize immortality is blooming in the garden, Eunhye sit at the centre of the garden watching the scenery while talking to Yonghwa in the phone.

Eunhye yawning, she has been playing all day long and now she is tired and need to sleep.

            “Hey sleepyhead, you must been tired today, go to sleep” Yonghwa urge her to sleep soon.

            “I’ve to walk home first” Eunhye started to walk from the garden.

            “Where are you exactly? Its late night”

            “Garden, I’m walking home now and it’s near” Eunhye rush her step, she need to get into her bed soon.

Eunhye can hear Yonghwa chuckle from the end of the line.

            “Have you arrive”

She nodded her head, forgetting that Yonghwa will not see that. “Yes”

            “Okay, goodnight now”

            “Mmm… you too”

They cut the line off and soon Eunhye is in her bed.

Before Eunhye could fall asleep, she heard the low rings from her phone, she answer it with sleepy voice.

            “mmm…”

            “Sleepyhead, goodnight… sweet dream”

            “mmm…” Eunhye close her eye, she could not stay awake anymore and fall to sleep.

He heard a low snoring sound, he chuckle and let his phone on and soon he fall asleep too.

Eunhye wake up after a few hour of sleep, she is sleepy. She search for her phone, she realize that Yonghwa has not end the call.

            “Morning Yonghwa” she whisper softly, it answer with soft sound from Yonghwa, she chuckle.

            “Yonghwa!” she screams cheekily. She can hear Yonghwa mumble randomly.

“I’m going to put the phone okay” she tell him, although he will not hear it.

            “Eun-chan” Yonghwa call for her.

            “Eh… you’re awake?” Eunhye sit on her bed, ‘fortunately I don’t say weird thing!’ she beam happily.

            “Your snoring wake me up Eun-cha”

            “I don’t snore, didn’t I?”

Yonghwa laugh loudly, Eunhye blush shyly.

            “Hey, hear me sing okay, wait…”

He start singing when he find the right note on the guitar,

I think about you a lot take care I wanna do,                                                                                                        and I wish I think about you all the time my life.

I think about you a lot take care, do you wanna do?                                                                                         Of cause, I know your situation backwards too.

‘Yonghwa have nice voice too, I have not notice that he can play guitar well’ Eunhye smiles enjoying the song.

I don’t know why, I don’t know why I love you baby.                                                                                             I don’t know why I don’t know how to put it baby.                                                                                                 I don’t know how to do.

Eunhye nod her head, agreeing with that word.

See my eyes, see your lips, see my face.                                                                                                                  I would like to know what you really think I wanna.           

Long-time no see anything new down your way can you hear this,                                                                 she is not fussed about my news, would you mind look at me boo...

Yonghwa end the song with a coughs, “Sorry, my voice is not that good in the morning” he laugh shyly.

            “It’s okay and I don’t know you have such a talent”

            “You would not know everything Eun-chan” he yawns from the lack of sleep.

            “Thanks for the song”

            “Eun-chan, snap a picture by your window… until next time, good bye Eun-chan!” with a happy voice before Eunhye could say anything he ended the call.

Following Yonghwa request, with bloated face and messy hair she make a peace sign and snap a picture by the window.

            “I look silly” she grinds and head for the shower.