Eunhye Flashback - Best Birthday Ever

사랑은 | LUV is...

Things that happen this past months really is like a dream come true for Eunhye. She even starts to consider if she should confess her feeling to him. Eunhye has stop seeing the gang and stop all her meaningless fight.

Eunhye is walking to her class suddenly a girl walks to her and slap Eunhye on the face.

‘Pang’ Yonghwa ex-girlfriend slap Eunhye on her cheek but just stand there speechless.

            “Yah! Get lost from Oppa life!” she yells to her.

            “Wait… who’s Oppa is you talking about?” she asks blankly.

            “Yonghwa Oppa! You ! Why did Oppa leave me for you? You are nothing compare to me!” she yells again.

‘Aish this girl, I’m not deaf. Lucky you’re a girl if not I would likely to choke you’

The girl yell attract other student attention. The girl keep on blabbering a lot of thing, Eunhye keep on standing there quietly.

‘What should I do? I can’t just slap this girl to make her shut up right? I don’t want to get into trouble. Eomma will be sad. Yong Yong will hate me if I broke the promise. Aish!’

When the girl wanted to slap Eunhye again, her hand gets caught by someone. Both of them look at the same direction.

            “Oppa?!”

            “I’ve told you that our relationship is over” Yonghwa hold Eunhye hand tightly.

            “But Oppa” she wanted to cry to get Yonghwa attention.

            “Stop it, you liar! Don’t touch my girl, she is my girl now!” than Yonghwa start walking to leave the area, Eunhye follow him.

            “Yah! You are going to pay for this! You !” she screams to them. She walks away from there, with hatred heart.

Eunhye just follow him slowly, she saw Yonghwa hand holding hers and their fingers intertwine.

‘It’s fit perfectly and he say ‘my girl’’ Eunhye smile happily, her heart beat faster.

Slowly Yonghwa let go of her hand. ‘Please don’t’ she tilts her head to see Yonghwa face.

            “Does it hurt? Yonghwa ask while he touches the bruise lightly.

            “Not really, but that girl of yours is quite strong” Eunhye smile.

            “I’ve end up our relationship earlier this year, I’m sorry for her behalf”

            “No harm done, don’t worry… lets go home, the exam week is around the corner”

            “Yeah!” he put his arm on her shoulder then they walk home together.

‘I’m willing to be slap by any girl at any time if you’ll treat me like this’ Eunhye smile widely than she giggle in silent. ‘Seriously, I’m going to be crazy soon’

Eunhye and Yonghwa are doing more revision the night before the final exam.

            “Eunhye, even though your math was superb, but you are failing at everything else” Yonghwa check Eunhye paper.

            “It’s doesn’t matter, I’m going to go to art high school”

            “Since when did you like art? Can you even draw?” Yonghwa never know she has that kind of talent.

            “Yah! I got it from my Eomma, she good with landscape design” she smile proudly.

            “Really? Show me what you can do” Yonghwa pose to her, he sit comfortably on the chair and smile handsomely.

            “I don’t want to draw you!” she stuck her tongue out then she continue her reading.

            “Eun-chan is so mean to me” Yonghwa turn to his calculus question.

Secretly Eunhye draw Yonghwa. ‘His backside is cute too’ after a few minute past she fall asleep while drawing Yonghwa.

            “Yonghwa?” Mrs Jung comes in to check the kids.

            “Eomma? Why?” he stops and watches his mom standing at the door.

            “It’s getting late, go take a rest”

            “Neh Eomma”

            “Eunhye is sleeping here?” Mrs Jung asks when she saw Eunhye already sleeping at the bed. Yonghwa turn to see her.

Smile form at his face. “Auntie Yoon is not at home for a few days, is it okay if she sleeps here tonight?” Yonghwa ask her permission.

            “Of course, but you’re sleeping downstairs, on the couch”

            “Neh Eomma” then Mrs Jung leaves the room.

Yonghwa do some stretching, he’s been sitting for a while. He takes the paper, books and pencil on the bed then he saw the drawing of his backside. He put it on the table and covers Eunhye body with a blanket and leaves the room.

Morning come fast. Eunhye is awake and half asleep she gets up and walks straight to the bathroom.

Yonghwa come in to his room and walk to the bathroom.

            “Yah!” Eunhye scream suddenly, shock to see Yonghwa in the bathroom. Yonghwa jolt in surprise and awakes.

            “Eunhye, you’re screaming to loud. It’s not like you are not wearing anything” Yonghwa walks in and stand next to her.

            “Ya! You’re using my toothbrush” he shakes his head and takes new brush.

            “Sorry, I forget that I’m at your home”

            “Hurry up. We’re going to be late to school” Yonghwa started brushing his teeth. Both of them standing there brushing teeth. Eunhye hurry up and finish, before leaving she splash water to his face and run away fast.

            “Yah!! Eun-chan! Really this girl”

Two weeks long of struggle has ended. The four kids, Yonghwa, Eunhyuk, Eunhye and Hyoyeon are celebrating at an ice-cream shop. They eat and talk happily.

Eunhye is drawing what she saw outside the window. It’s almost midnight when she finishes her artwork.

“Eun-chan, Yonghwa calling. Hurry up down here” Mrs Yoon calls her to answer the phone.

She run downstairs in a flash, she gasps for air. ‘It’s been awhile, use to much energy’

            “Yonghwa? Why are you calling this late?”

            “Can we meet at the playground?”

            “When?”

            “Like now, see you there okay, I’ll be waiting” Yonghwa hang up before she could say anything.

Eunhye wear few more clothe and a jacket, she wear the wool boot then prepare to go out.

            “Eomma! I’m going out for a while!” she run outside before Mrs Yoon could say anything.

Eunhye hug herself, try to fight the chill. She arrives at the playground, but no one is there and not even Yonghwa.

            “Yonghwa! Where are you?!” she try calling him, there is no answer.

            “Really Yonghwa-shi, if you try to frighten me, you are so dead!” she walks toward the swing. She looks around. There is no sign him. Eunhye sit on the swing, patiently wait, well…kinda.

            “Maybe he’s not here yet, but he says that he’d be waiting for me, I’m going to kick him when he arrives” she mumbles alone.

Someone slowly sneak from behind, a sneaky smile form on his face, he’s enjoying this to the max. He close Eunhye eye with his hand.

Eunhye flinch and scream then he use one of his hands to cover Eunhye mouth.

            “Guess who?” he says in an eerie voice.

Eunhye bit his finger.

            “Ouch! Eun-chan!” he takes his hand of Eunhye.

            “Are you okay?” she smiles to him.

            “You did it on purpose didn’t you? He pouts.

            “Who’s trying to scare me on purpose?”

            “Okay-okay, It’s just a joke” he take Eunhye hand “Come here, walk with me, close your eyes okay”

            “Where are you taking me?” Eunhye walk slowly while following Yonghwa led.

            “Be careful on your step” “Wait for me here, okay” Yonghwa go somewhere.

Eunhye just stand there, waiting.

           “Don’t open your eye, wait a minute” Yonghwa prepare something for her.  

           “Okay! Please open your eyes now!”

Slowly she open her eye, she saw the sparkler is light up and made a word. She gasps, Eunhye close .

            “Happy Birthday” she mumbles slowly then her lips curve upwards, Eunhye is smiling happily.

            “Eun-chan” Yonghwa wave his hand and ask her to get down.

Both of them play with the sparkler, running and chasing each other and moving the sparkle to make pattern. They enjoy the night.

            “There is one more thing” Yonghwa say to Eunhye when they finish cleaning up the sparkle mess.

            “Ehmm… what else?”

Yonghwa run away somewhere, he comes back with something in his hand. When he is near enough to her, Yonghwa stop and sing happy birthday song to her then give her the most heart throbbing smile.

            “Happy birthday Eunhye, I know it’s a bit late”

            “Yes, months late”

            “Better late than never right?” Yonghwa show the cake to her.

A sunflower shape cake, Eunhye smile shyly.

            “Let’s eat! I’m hungry” they seat somewhere. Yonghwa light a candle stick on the cake.

            “Eunhye, make a wish!”

Eunhye close her eye, and held her hand together after that she blow the single candle. She makes a wish that day, a wish that might not be fulfils.

            “Take this!” Yonghwa shove the cake to her face, the cake destroy, some crumble to the ground and some stick on her face.

            “Yah! Emmm…” she taste the cream ‘its strawberry, I like it’ “Yah! You!!” Eunhye start chasing Yonghwa, she wanted revenge.

            “Catch me if you can Eun-chan!” Yonghwa run fast, he’s very athletic. But Eunhye will not give up. Yonghwa manage to escape every time Eunhye is nearing in catching him.

Eunhye keep thinking of a way to defeat Yonghwa. ‘Will be running until morning sun arises if this keeps on, there’s no way I can catch him… or isn’t?’

Eunhye suddenly stop and crouch down, she hid her head and start sobbing. Yonghwa notice it and slowly come next to her.

            “Eun-chan, are you okay”

No answer from her, Yonghwa can hear the slow sobbing.

            “Hey, I’m sorry. Please don’t cry Eun-chan” He pats Eunhye back slowly, hoping that she’ll stop crying.

Suddenly Eunhye jump into Yonghwa, he fall to the ground. Eunhye is on top of him.

            “Gotcha!” Eunhye smudge the cake to Yonghwa face, she laugh in victory mode.

            “You lie to me! Yah!”

            “My bad, sorry” Eunhye stand up and help Yonghwa to get up.

            “I thought you’re really crying”

            “Yah! Like I will cry in front of you?” Then they help each other to clean each other face.

            “My birthday cake is ruin” she pout, they are walking back together.

            “Hey, I’ll buy you another one okay. Actually I don’t mean to rub it on your face”

Eunhye stop walking and stand in front of him.

            “Why?”

            “You’re looking too cute, I can’t help it” Yonghwa laugh out loud.

            “Yah! You’re wasting my time” Eunhye open the gate and close it before Yonghwa could say goodnight.

            “See you tomorrow kay. Goodnight Eun-chan” then Yonghwa walks to his home.

Eunhye is jumping and skipping happily to her room. Thank goodness her mom has sleep.