Eunhye

사랑은 | LUV is...

 

She watches the falling petal, ‘you must be lonely too right plum tree,’

Eunhye lay on the bench since morning, “Eunhye!” Hongki call her from the roadside, they are going to University today to register for the new semester.

Slowly she makes her way towards him.

            “Let’s go” she is a bit gloomy.

            “Are you okay?”

            “Not really, but I don’t want to talk about it”

            “Oh… Okay”

Soon they arrive at University and quickly finish their registration.

Both of them bump into Min, she seems timid around Eunhye.

            “Annyeong Oppa…” she greets Hongki and check Eunhye expression before she greet her too, “Annyeong Unnie”, Eunhye reply coldly before she make her way to the parking lot.

Hongki look at them with question, before he could ask anything at Min, Min rush leaving him blankly.

‘What happen with this two?’

            “Call me if you need anything”

She nod lazily, without looking back at him, she close the car door and make her way into Seungho café.

She climbs the stair with quickstep, luckily Seungho does not has any piano classes that day, Eunhye throw her stuff on the sofa, and she soundlessly lay under the piano.

Without her noticing, Seungho take his seat and play a melody on the piano.

Almost a week Eunhye has been in bed, crying for as long as she wanted. She cries herself to sleep and awake in the middle of night to cry again. Eunhye refuse to take any food. A sip of water is all she takes at times.

Seungho has been covering for Eunhye from her parent, he do not want them to see her in this condition. However, he does not know what to do anymore.

Seungho had enough and he is not going to let her be like this anymore. If slow talk will not work, he is going to force her. It kills him to see Eunhye like that.

Eunhye struggle to get on her feet and she drop on her knees. Feeling week and hopeless, she punch the carpeted floor and cry again. Eunhye sob hard.

Seungho stand by the door looking at her, his heart weaken looking her struggle like that.

            “Eun-chan, please look at me” Seungho squat down and pull both of her hand.

With teary eye she look at him, “Eun-chan, does he mean a lot to you, more than yourself?”

Eunhye keep shut, but tears continue to flow down, “Give me your phone! Let me call him! I can’t stand looking at you doing this to yourself!”

When Seungho wanted to stand, Eunhye pull her hand, “Ple-please do-don’t” she struggle to say it, feel hurt.

He sits with her, “Look…” Seungho wipe the tears, after all Eunhye is his little sister.

            “I’m hurt to see you like this. Don’t we… your family and friends mean anything to you Yoon Eunhye?”

Eunhye look at him with widen eye, Seungho will not call her like that accept when his mad with her.

            “I’m disappointed with you”

Eunhye avoided his piercing stare.

            “Look at me” Seungho hold her cheek and force her to look at him.

            “Are you crazy, do you want to die so badly?”

            “What would I told your parent, what will they feel if they know” Seungho sigh and let go of his hold.

Tears fall for her eye.

            “Your family love you, I love you, and my mom loves you too. Our family won’t be perfect without you, our little family Yoon Eunhye. Even thou we are not blood related, we are family, so… please don’t let us down”

            “You have friend who love you too, don’t let them down too” Seungho finally smile, he cannot be mad forever.

Seungho pull Eunhye into his arm, he rubs her head slowly and it calm her down, “Your life is precious, losing one love doesn’t mean you lose everything Eun-chan, please be strong, not just for us but for yourself too”

Eunhye fall asleep in his arm, next morning she feels a lot better.

            “Eun-chan, don’t let things to yourself. Bottle up feeling will make you do things' that you might regret. Share it. Don’t tell you are okay when you’re really not. Don’t smile when you’re crying inside”

Eunhye hug him, “You are not alone” She nod lightly. “You must have liked him a lot” and she nod again.

            “Silly little girl, be strong…” he kisses her head.

Eunhye open her eye, “Oppa” she called for him, Seungho stop playing the piano.

            “Thanks for not giving up on me”

            “No biggie!”

February will end soon, new semester will start and Eunhye will start a new life too. How will she manage?

            “Morning Noona,” he gave her a big grind.

            “So this is the video practice, don’t forget to come for rehearsal”

Altogether, the member of Glee Club will be participating in their last performance together for the Year-End Art Festival.

            “Sure, so did you bring what I ask?”

Minhwan grind, “Of course, why do you want to see it for Noona?” he move his eyebrow up and down.

            “Something… it adult stuff” Eunhye click to play the video, she stare and observe it quietly, she rewind the video each time she notice something.

Eunhye smile happily, “Thanks Minhwan”

            “Noona, won’t you told me what it’s for?”

            “Nope” she smirks playfully.

As they were joking to each other, “Hi Eunhye” someone tap her shoulder,

            “Ah! It you Dara, how do you do” Eunhye hug her, Sandara Park is Cheondung sister.   

They chat a bit before she continues her work, “I’ll better get going, before Seungho Oppa catch me playing around” she chuckle shyly.

            “Let’s eat together when you have time Dara”

            “Sure,” Dara nod her head to Minhwan and left those two alone, Eunhye giggle at him.

            “W-why Noona,” Minhwan flustered.

            “Love at first sight?”

He smile unknowingly before he shakes his head repeatedly, Eunhye smirk playfully at him.

            “Ah! Noona, don’t make me feel embarrassed” Minhwan scratch his head.

A day before the festival, Eunhye leave the University ground after they had finish the practice.

She grabs something from the store before storming into Seungho café second floor.

She covered the floor with big plastic and she use the white paint to cover her previous painting.

            “What are you doing Eun-chan?”

Eunhye grind, “The sunflower knows now that the sun she admires won’t be hers, rather than be alone, I’ll better erase the memory”

Now the wall is clear white.

            “Should you at least ask for my permission first?”

            “Why should I do that?” Eunhye smirk at him. She passes him as she quickly makes her way downstairs.

            “Yah! Clean this mess first” Seungho scream for the second level.

Ignoring him, Eunhye take her scooter and drive away

 

She walk along a river before she find a suitable place to rest her feet, she throw a pebble in the river. She stares as far as her eye can go.

 

After the psychotic girl incident has been clear up, they relax on the bench near their department.

Hongki whisper to her, “Do you want to be my girlfriend”

Eunhye shake her head with a pretty smile, “I’ve someone in my heart,” she explains.

Hongki smile shyly to her, and they both laugh awkwardly to each other.

Since then the news that they were an item spread, Hongki thought that it a good thing to happen for both of them, and so they decided to play along and that result in good friendship for both of them.

Their love is more like best friend kind of love.

 

‘What if, what if at that time I’ve said yes to Hongki,’ she smiles to herself.

 

A little bit later, “Eunhye!” he notices her sitting on the grass near the riverbanks.

Eunhye smile lovingly to him as he sits next to her.

“Nice haircut” Hongki compliment her new look.

            “Hongki-ah, I’m sorry” and she throw her look into the horizon.

Without saying anything, he let Eunhye talk. She tell him about her childhood, her life before they meet and about the boy she has love for half of her life,

            “He is the one that you told me that you want to confess?”

            “Yes, it a waste, because he is getting married soon” Eunhye sigh, she take a deep breath and let it go slowly, she won’t tell the him about her attempting to kill herself.

            “Too late Eunhye-ah, you should have told him earlier!”

Eunhye chuckle, “I know right, I’m afraid of losing him if he knew my feeling for him”

            “But at the end you still lose him!”

            “Yah!That’s right! What about Min then!” Eunhye grab him by the collar of his jacket.

Hongki look at her in surprise, “What did you say, say it again”

            “Min! What are you going to do about her?”

            “We are friend, you know that too”

            “Lying… don’t lie to me Hongki”

Hongki breathe, “It’s complicated Eunhye”

            “It’s not, we are officially breaking up now, I am out of your life now Hongki-ah” she throw another pebble into the river, signing that it is her that has been thrown out for Hongki life.

            “It’s not like we are a couple” he look at her, they both laugh out a little.

            “Others believe it like that, so let them be… couple breaking up is normal Hongki-ah…” something came up in her mind, Hongki look at her, “You afraid if Min might get hurt” there are worries in her eye.

Hongki nods his head,

            “Min is strong, she is not the kind that will be easily hurt by people talk, and you can protect her Hongki-ah” she smiles comforting him.

            “Will Min like me too?”

            “You won’t know it if you don’t tell her!” Eunhye hold onto his shoulder, “if not it will be too late and you regret it”

            “What about you, I can’t leave you now. Not in your condition now”

Eunhye smile, “We already break up, can’t you move on right now?” both of them chuckle, “I’m recollecting my shattered heart but I’m not as fragile as you thought, so Lee Hongki-shi believe me when I say that Yoon Eunhye-shi will be alright”

Hongki hug her for one last time, “Wish me good luck Eunhye” then he stand on her feet, he is eager to go and catch Min, seem like he has been waiting for this day a long time ago.

            “At least one of us should be happy” Eunhye smile, “Go” she asks him to run to Min now.

Hongki rubs her hair, her new short hair suit her perfectly.

            “Yah! I’m older than you, stop treating me like a kid!”

            “Come on Eunhye, we are best friends and that won’t change!” Hongki make his way to the car parked by the road.

‘Friend forever’ both of them thought of the same thing and they smile for it.