Art Festival, Day 1

사랑은 | LUV is...

The studio in the second floor of Art Department is quite, student are working on their final project, Hongki brush fly on the canvas, finally he stop and take out the headphone, as he admiring his art.

            “Have you decided your group member Hongki?” one of their classmate ask him,

            “Yes, me and Eunhye and two from final year student, Jonghun Hyung and Taeyeon Noona, but I haven’t inform them yet”

            “Okay, I’ve written their name, but remember to ask them alright. May the best team win?” she wink and move to ask another classmate.

            “Yah, Eunhye. Can you inform both of them today?” Hongki ask her without looking away from his canvas, trying to search for the flaws.

He don’t hear any answer from Eunhye.

            “Yah Eunhye-shi” Hongki ask for her again, “Eunhye, do you hear me?” finally, he turns and sees her standing near the window, looking outside silently.

Hongki walk soundlessly to her, “Hey girl” he cheekily whisper near her ear.

Eunhye snap from her thought, “Hongki, you scare me” she faces Hongki.

            “You’re the one scaring me, why are you developing this new habit of looking out the window silently. Something is bothering you right?”

Eunhye shake her head.

            “You’ve been dazing away a lot too, have you been hurt anywhere?”

If Hongki eye can shoot laser, it will make hole.

Eunhye put both her palm on Hongki chest, his heart.

            “Come here, a hug will cure anything, especially mine” he smile and open his hand for Eunhye. Eunhye hug him.

Hongki rub her back slowly, giving comfort to her.

Hongki let her go and brush her hair lightly, he touch her forehead. Hongki stare deep into her eye, trying to figure her out.

            “Who dare to hurt my girl heart, tell me?”

            “Nobody” she chuckle and pinch Hongki cheek. Eunhye walk to take her phone.

            “I’m going to inform them about the event,” Eunhye walk out from the studio.

Hongki stand there watching her walking away, ‘I thought I can understand you, weird’ he smirk and shake his thought away then focus back on his artwork, adding the final touch.

Eunhye stand in front of Taeyeon and Jonghun studio, the studio is empty.

‘I’ve should have call Taeyeon Unnie first’ she thought then she dialled Taeyeon number. After talking to her, she slowly makes her way to their meeting spot.

There is a bench under a tree near their department, luckily is empty. Eunhye take a sit and wait for Taeyeon to come.

Eunhye close her eye and listen to the sound of wind and nature, it calm her in away.

            “Eunhye” Taeyeon finally arrive with a heart shape lollipop.

Eunhye open her eye and smile to her.

            “For you, thanks for the cookies” Taeyeon take a sit next to her.

            “Thanks Unnie, is it from you and Jonghun Oppa?”

‘Oppss… I shouldn’t ask her that’ she laughs awkwardly.

            “Why did you want to meet me again, is it about the competition for art festival?” Taeyeon ignore her question, she hasn’t actually talk to Jonghun. He has tried to talk with her when he passes the cookie from Eunhye.

            “We want you and Jonghun Oppa to be in our team”

            “I know it, okay” Taeyeon agree to be in their team, and then both of them continue to talk about the event.

‘I think I’ve fallen in love’ he wave his hand towards her as she drive away from the parking lot.

As he walk away to his department, he notice the Noona chatting under the tree,

            “Noona! I’m in love!” he yells to Eunhye and Taeyeon.

Both of them startle by his voice, trying to find the source of the voice.

            “Taeyeon Noona! Eunhye Noona! I’m in love! Seunghyun fall in love” he jump and wave his hand, finally both of the girl notice him.

Taeyeon wave back and finally Seunghyun walk back to his department.

            “Did he really say that he’s in love? Unnie, you heard him too right?”

Taeyeon pinch Eunhye cheek, “Ouch, Unnie its hurt” she rub her cheek.

            “We are totally not dreaming! Seunghyun did say he’s in love” they stay in silence for a moment, trying to grab the situation.

            “Waa…” their mouth hang open, as soon they notice they are acting silly, they burst into soft chuckle.

Taeyeon stand up, “Unnie have to go first, I’ll talk to Jonghun about this, let’s do our best for the competition”

            “Hwaiting Unnie!”

Taeyeon turn to see Eunhye, then she wave her goodbye.

‘At least someone found love, somehow’, Eunhye watch the cloud moving slowly.

‘Ah, there you are, again… you keep dazing away Eunhye’ Hongki shake his head and call for her, luckily he just have to shout once for her.

            “Let’s go for lunch” he smiles lovingly to her as she walks toward him. Eunhye nod and they walk together to the cafeteria.

 


 

It was a very busy week, finally the day of the Art Festival start. Event are prepare throughout the day. Art competitions start in the morning.

Eunhye is left alone while the other prepare the material, she start to draw the base of the artwork on the ground, she take the blue pastel chalk and start sketching on the black tar.

            “Good Morning Eunhye Noona!” Minhwan delighted to see Eunhye there, she is squatting on the road, busy sketching.

            “Minhwan-ah, Annyeong!” she stops then turns to see him.

            “Where is the other,” he squat down next to her.

            “They are taking the material and other stuff,” Eunhye compare her sketch to the drawing on the paper.

            “I’m covering this event Noona,” without being asks Minhwan tell her and then he chuckle happily.

Eunhye tilt her head a bit to the side, “I wonder why you’re always covering the event that the Glee Club member is in”

            “I wonder why” he smile and tilt his head cutely, they both laugh at each other.

            “Minhwan, what are you doing here?” Hongki arrive with a box of pastel colour they will use today.

            “I’m covering this event” he smiles again showing his smiling eye.

            “Oh. Okay… go and do your job, what are you doing playing here”

            “I know, I know” Minhwan go and do his job.

Eunhye chuckle, ‘They are close to each other’ then she continues to do her job.

            “Eunhye, where is Hyung and Noona?” Hongki see only Eunhye is there sketching on the road.

            “They are with you right?” Eunhye legs feel numb. She sighs silently.

Hongki notice, “Eunhye,” he lend his hand. Eunhye grab his hand and Hongki help her stand on her feet.

            “Omo! You’re so cute” Hongki pinch both of her cheek.

Eunhye smile cheekily.

            “What do you think wearing a short pant on a day like this? You think you can squat down for five hours?” Hongki eye stare the short pants.

            “Yah! Where are you looking at?”

            “Silly girl, where could I look?” he smirks wickedly.

            “I was careless, I’m sorry” Eunhye stuck her tongue out as she bow down and walking backwards at the same time.

            “Wah!” Taeyeon bump into someone, she lost her balance.

            “Sorry!” Eunhye turn quickly to see whom she bumps into.

Luckily, Jonghun is fast, he catch Taeyeon before she can kiss the road, their eye met for a moment.

Taeyeon quickly get on her feet, “Thanks” she says to Jonghun.

            “Eunhye, look what I got” she show her the two jumpsuit in pink and purple.

Eunhye smile brightly, “Assa!” the two girls hurried and wear it.

Eunhye wear the pink colour jumpsuit, she walk towards Hongki who is sitting on the ground.

            “Hongki-ah, see” Eunhye lay next to him, “I can even lay now” she smirk playfully.

            “Ya, I can see that” Hongki pinch both of her cheek, “Now now, Let’s finish this art piece” he smile looking at her cute expression.

            “I know” Eunhye stuck her tongue out and stand up, she pick up the blue pastel chalk and sit comfortably doing her part.

Throughout the area student by group is finishing their artwork, three hours passed before they even notice it, the masterpiece start to shows. In two hours, they have to stop to be judge by the competition judge panel.

Finally Eunhye stop, she has finish her part, she stand and stretch her muscle.

Standing and looking from her point of view, the artwork look out of proportion. She let out a chuckle.

The girls sit under the shade on the side while waiting for the boys to finish their part. In few minute, the competition will end and they have to stop.

            “2 more minute” one of the junior checks the timer and informs them.

Jonghun finally stand up and smile to both of the girl, Taeyeon turn her attention to Eunhye, “Eunhye, we should go check the theatre after this”

            “Okay, that’s will be great”

The sound from the siren notice by the entire participant, Hongki stand up as he put the final touch. He makes a peace sign, smile brightly to his teammate.

            “We made it!” they high-five with each other.

Jonghun and Taeyeon suddenly feel something as their eye meet. They caught in the moment.

            “Unnie!” she heard her name called, Taeyeon get out from Jonghun sight.

            “Let’s take pictures! Oppa! Hurry up!” Eunhye call for Jonghun too.

He sighs, looking at Taeyeon backside ‘I miss you’. He smile and walk to them.

Minhwan get them in the video, they pose with the artwork, it is a 3D artwork, picture taken at a specific point or it will look out of proportion.

Minhwan interview them about the artwork, Jonghun suddenly elected as the leader of the team has to present the artwork.

He looks to the others, Hongki and Eunhye smiling cheekily to him. He heard Taeyeon laugh, without noticing a smile appear on his face.

He faces Minhwan and starts talking about the artwork, “The title is ‘City in the Sky” Jonghun continue to talk about the art piece while Minhwan shoot the art piece.

The city is up high in the sky, there are wings and people can stand and pose as they are flying to the sky. There are rainbow and water flowing downwards. A man was draw standing at the edge of the cloud, looking like he is going to jump into the pool of water on the other cloud.

Hongki, Eunhye and Taeyeon pose in the art piece too.

Minutes later, they end the introduction. They have to leave the area for the judge to check the entire piece.