.F.A.M.I.L.Y. & .F.R.I.E.N.D

사랑은 | LUV is...

It’s Chuesok, a harvest holiday when Koreans visit their ancestral hometowns. Nevertheless, for the Yoon family it is the time to go back to Japan paying a visit to the elder grave.

            “It’s been awhile,” Eunhye look outside the window from the plane.

            “What did you say?” Seungho turn to see her.

            “I’m not talking to you Oppa” ignoring Seungho who is sitting beside her, she let her gaze travel across the clouds.

After paying the visit at the grave, Eunhye and Seungho walk together until they reach the hilltop.

Eunhye stand still, “Oppa”

            “Hmm”

            “Grandpa once told me that he regret making my father leaving us, separating us from him,” Eunhye take a deep breath, “When Grandpa was younger, his parent oppose him from marrying grandma, So he run to Tokyo and marry her”

Eunhye stop and look at Seungho, “He won’t let this happen to his family he said. Grandpa forgets and got mad when Appa married Eomma in Korea without his approval, and after that you know what happen right?”

Seungho nod his head.

            “Grandpa forget that he once fall in love and make things his way like Appa did, Grandpa wish that they have more time as family”

Eunhye has wished the same too, living with them has taught her about family, the warmness of family that she misses as she grows up.

            “Oppa, will I find a man that will do anything for his love one”

            “Of course you will,” Seungho move her body closer to him.

            “I miss them”           

            “Me too” Seungho tighten his hold and he kisses Eunhye head.

The last morning in Japan, all of them were resting in the living room.

            “Next year Eun-chan will graduate, would you like to work in the company for a while?” Auntie Kimiko sips a coffee for her cup.

            “I’ll think about it Auntie” Eunhye smile to her.

            “It was lonely living alone, please think about you Auntie too,” Auntie Kimiko make a sad face.

            “Eomma should date guys, don’t you think about married?” Seungho turn his attention for the TV to his mother.

            “I’m too old to date now Seungho, when are you getting married anyway?”

            “35 years old I guess, if I find a girl”

Eunhye turn her attention towards the mother and son chats, she find it interesting.

            “Seungho been busy with the café, all his worker are man, when you’re going to find a girl” Mr Yoon join the conversation.

            “Really Seungho-ah, employ a girl too” his mother demand him.

            “Ah! But I’ve heard you open a piano class too, don’t you have girl student?” Eunhye mother also joins in.

            “I’ve a few girl students” Seungho smile shyly.

            “Great! When are you going to introduce a girl to Eomma?” Auntie Kimiko face brightens of the thought.

            “They are all underage Eomma,” Seungho laugh and so do the other.

Eunhye smile looking at them, that’s the feeling she misses.

That night they flew back to Korean, as Eunhye has Midterm Exam tomorrow.

A new picture hangs on the wall, a picture of them. ‘Family time, Yoon Eunhye’ Kimiko read the writing at the edge of the drawing. She smiles before making her way to the office.

 


 

Finally, the last day of exam, they can breathe calmly now.

‘Where did my key goes’ Minhwan search his bag, ‘Ah!’ he remember he throw it on the table last night, forgetting to pick it up this morning.

Minhwan make his way to the second building, where the Department of Animation located.

Minhwan peek into the class, they were chattering and walking around, they must have finish their exam, but he fails to spot Jaejin.

            “Excuse me Noona, do you know where is Jaejin” Minhwan ask the girls making their way out from the class.

            “Eh! He hasn’t been in class for a while” the girl respond surprise Minhwan.

            “Thanks Noona” Minhwan bow to them, and walk slowly away, but he pick up the girls talking from behind.        

            “What happen to Jaejin, even the Prof. is worried about Jaejin”          

            “He hasn’t answer our called too”

            “It’s our final year, I wonder what happen” they sigh and continue to talk about the exam.

Minhwan has to go running back to his class because he forgets the phone then he tries to call Jaejin, but his called directed to the voicemail.

‘Why hasn’t I’ve notice anything!’ out of frustration Minhwan throw his bag on the floor.

Minhwan send message to the other member of FT Island, hoping one of them might have spotted Jaejin.

Jonghun is the first one to called Minhwan back, soon after that they all meet at Minhwan department.

They separate to find Jaejin, Hongki goes back to his department, hoping to find Jaejin with his girlfriend.

However, the junior student is still having their exam, Hongki walk outside, looking around. Where should he go? He wonders alone.

            “Hongki, what are doing there?” Eunhye call for him from the window.

He tilts his head to look at Eunhye, “Where can I find Jaejin?” he asks her out of nowhere.

            “Has you try the place near the pond?”

            “Thanks Eunhye!” he dash there, not forgetting to calls the other. All of them rush to the pond, its located far from any department. Many students do not even notice it.

Jaejin rest his back to the tree, he put the earphone and listen to the music, his tears fall without fails.

            I’ll never leave you, your faint words,

            I’ll never leave you, your abandoned words,

He has been acting like nothing wrong around them, but his not okay. When he is alone, the memories come back and he misses her a lot. His heart hurt and he will cry.

            I’ll never leave you, your forgotten words,

            I’ll never leave you, the words I repeat to myself after being alone,

            They disappear into a fog like tears in pouring rain.

            “Hyung” there is no respond from him, “Jaejin Hyung” he called him repeatedly.

Finally Jaejin open up his eye, it’s blurry from the tears, but he recognise his voice, “Minhwan”

Finally he see them standing around him, “What are you guys doing here?” he try to rub away the tears stain on his cheek, it’s awkward if they see him crying.

            “We are the one should asking you that” Jonghun take a sit next to him, and so the other gather around him too.

            “What are you doing here Hyung?” Seunghyun throw a pebble into the pond, trying not to look him in the eye.

            “Nothing really, its quite here, I like it” he tries to lie to them.

            “We are all ears Jaejin” Hongki tries to pursue him to open up.

Jaejin look at them, he knows they will not let it slip this time.

            “You know you can count on us, we can lend you a shoulder to cry on” the cheesy leader trying to calm him down, while the other member chuckle from his words.

            “Really Hyung,” Jaejin laugh too.

            “No, we meant it Hyung” Minhwan hold his shoulder.

Jaejin take a deep breath.

            “Spill” Hongki stare at him.

            “Heartbroken, my girlfriend leaves me for another guy” Jaejin look down, his finger play with the grass.

The other member fall into deep silent, Jaejin look at their expression when he notice that they aren’t saying anything.

            “I’m okay guys,” he let out a chuckle.

            “S-She’s not worth it Hyung” Minhwan stumble on his word, his face change, worried that he might say the wrong thing.

Jaejin laugh and he ruffle the younger boy hair.

            “It’s okay if you sad or cry, but running away from your life and from what you’ve work so hard, is not the right things to do Jaejin-ah” Jonghun stand up.

            “You know that we’ll always be by your side, supporting you… come hell or high water Hyung,” Seunghyun smile as he to stand following Jonghun.

            “Are you reciting your line Seunghyun?” Hongki stand too, they all laugh with the statement.

            “Am not! I really meant it! Aren’t we Hyung,” panicky Seunghyun turn to see Jonghun.

            “Don’t know, got to go first. I still have exam after this”

            “Thanks Hyung, sorry for making you worried”

Jonghun make his move, then followed by Seunghyun and Hongki, they still have exam after that.

            “Aren’t you going to Minhwan,” Jaejin look at his side, the maknae sit there with him.

            “That does remind me, Hyung… where’s the house key. I’ve forgot mine at home” Minhwan smirk playfully.

            “That’s why you know I’m not in class right!”

Minhwan nod his head, “Who knows what you would do if we don’t come, you might even drown yourself in the pond”

Jaejin laugh it off, would he?

            “Jonghun Hyung is right, you better pick yourself up” Minhwan help him up, lending his hand to him.

Jaejin headlock the younger boy and drag him along.

            “Hyung! Let me go!”

            “Say you’re sorry!”

            “I’m sorry! I’m sorry!”

            “Sincerely,”

            “Hyung! I’m really-really sorry, I beg you to forgive me!”

Finally, Jaejin ruffle Minhwan hair and let him go.

            “Hyung! Seriously. Treat me better,” Minhwan pouts cutely.

Soon they make their way out and walk to their shared apartment.

 

 


THANK YOU FOR READING!!!

^^