If I Fall, Can You Catch Me?

사랑은 | LUV is...

A week later, after making some progress on her drawing, she headed to the garden. Craving for some healthy food from the café, the auntie cook delicious healthy meal.

She eat lunch with her mother in the café, her mother is busy drawing example for her next landscape project, her client wanted to make a garden on building rooftop, Eunhye amazed to see the design.

            “Eun-chan, Appa would be back this afternoon, do you want to go out for sushi” they have finish eating and just sit on the couch, Eunhye play with Maro the cat.

            “Neh!” she shrieks happily, they will have a congratulation dinner for Eunhye passing the driving test.

            “Don’t forget to call Seungho Oppa too”

Eunhye nod her head, while they were chatting one of the garden worker called for her mother, soon after that Eunhye walk back to continue her unfinished drawing.

At the sushi restaurant, as always Eunhye and Seungho fight over the sushi.

            “Old habits die hard.” Eunhye mumble under her breath when she loses her sushi to Seungho.

When they finish dinner,

            “Can I tell the news now?” Seungho ask permission from Mr Yoon. He nods his head.

            “Eun-chan, because you have your licence now, I’m giving you my scooter”

            “Really?” her face beam with excitement. They smile, saying yes. She hugs her parents and Seungho, thanking them for the best present.

Eunhye follows Seungho back to the café, to take the scooter.

It is a cute scooter in white colour, Eunhye fall in love with it.

            “Oppa! Thank you very much!” she walks around it, admiring.

            “Come in first, let’s have a cake. I’ve ask G.O to bake it for us”

They walk inside, Seungho take the 8-inch strawberry cake upstairs. While they enjoy the cake, they chat.

            “Oppa, how the business doing?”

            “Okay, we just started” Seungho take another bite.

They really can eat well. Soon the cake in the tray is clean up.

            “Finish” they both sit lazily in the couch.

            “Hey, a band going to perform in the weekends, it won’t be too crowded. Will you come?”

            “What band?”

            “FT Island, they are from your university”

Eunhye giggle, yes he knew them really well.

            “Really Oppa, pay them well”

            “I know-I know… I will” Seungho check his watch, “Yah, you better get going”

They walk downstairs, before Eunhye leave.

            “Oppa, don’t tell them that I’m your sister”

            “Why?”

            “Just because” Eunhye grin to him, Seungho shake his head.

            “Yah… I will not tell a word, hurry up go home, your parent going to worry. Please drive carefully”

            “See you later Oppa!”

Eunhye drive carefully, this is the first time she drive a scooter after she get her licence.

**********************************************

After a few days, Eunhye is on her way to Hongki house. She went inside with watermelons in her hand.

            “Hello auntie” Eunhye greet and give the watermelons to her.

            “Thank you very much. Do you want to see Hongki?”

            “Yes, where is he auntie?”

Then Mrs Lee, tell her that Hongki is in his studio.

             “Wait a minute Eunhye, I cut this melon first. You can eat together”

While Eunhye wait, she talks with her for a while. Eunhye walk to the studio outside the house with a tray full of food, she can hear the loud music from the studio. Eunhye walk in carefully, putting the tray on a clean table then she search the source of the music. Hongki do not notice her yet.

            “Eh” Hongki notice the music suddenly stop, he turn to see what happen to his laptop.

            “Hi” Eunhye greet him and sit on the couch.

Hongki smile and join her, he sit on the stool.

            “Let’s eat, your mom say that you haven’t had breakfast”

Hongki checks the watch. It is almost 2 pm, no wonder he feel so hungry now. They eat lunch together, the cold noddle is delicious, and the peach tea tastes refreshing then they end it with cold watermelon.

            “I’m so full now, what’s brought you here today?”

            “My mom asks me to send the melon” Eunhye put the empty plate in the tray and set it aside.

            “I thought you come to visit me”

            “How was your artwork doing? Is this one for your final?” ignoring Hongki word she stand up and check Hongki work, its look alive, she is amaze with it.

            “It’s amazing” 

Hongki stand next to her. “It’s hot in here” Hongki get out from his t-shirt, he is just wearing his singlet.

            “Wear something” Eunhye suddenly feel shy.

Hongki chuckle “I’m not ” then he start the music again and pick up his brush to finish the masterpiece.

Eunhye take a drawing block that laying around then she sits on the couch and start to draw what she see.

Eunhye is staring on her painting, putting her signature.

            “Hey” Hongki call for her, she does not notice that Hongki standing in front of her, and the music has stop playing.

She beams happily, showing her artwork.

            “Artist at work. Yoon Eunhye” Hongki read the word under her drawing. She has drawn his backside and what around the studio, the messy studio.

            “Pin it there” Hongki tell her, Eunhye pin it on the board between Hongki and her other drawings that she done when she spend the day in the studio.

            “Let’s go” they leave the studio and walk in Hongki house, she wait while Hongki get ready. They leave the house after having dinner with Hongki family.

            “Eunhye-shi, your scooter is cute, can it fly?” Hongki laid his eye on the scooter when they are outside his house. Eunhye has add a wing drawing on the scooter.

            “Well, lets me take you for a ride”

            “Are you serious?”

Eunhye grin and nod her head.

Hongki shake his head “No way Eunhye, let’s go with my car, I’ll be driving”

            “B-But… Hongki”

Hongki take the key “Wait here” he walk inside and ask her mom for someone to take care of Eunhye scooter. He walks outside and drags Eunhye to the garage.

Eunhye sulk in the car, ignoring Hongki.

            “Eunhye, please smile”

No answer from Eunhye, Hongki try to hold her hand but Eunhye pull her hand away.

           “Hey girl I’m so sorry, I don’t meant to hurt your feeling” Hongki glance to see her reflection. She tries to hide her giggle with a cold face.

Hongki see that, he know it “Tonight everything on me, you can eat anything you want, okay?”

            “You promise?” Eunhye turn her attention toward Hongki.

Hongki smile and nod his head.

            “Assa!” she shrieks happily then she makes a victory sign to him.

When they arrive at the mall, they go to eat ice cream after buying the ticket. An hour later, they walk to the cinema. Eunhye feel exited to watch the new movie, but as soon as the movie starts Eunhye turn her face to see Hongki looking at him. He is laughing to see Eunhye shock face.

            “How could you” she whisper, not to get anyone attention. Hongki ignore her and watch the movie silently with a wide smile on his face.

Eunhye do not like to watch horror movie, she hate it. Eunhye close her eye with her hand and watch the movie thru her finger, it is less scary like that.

When the movie cools down a bit, Eunhye take the popcorn box from Hongki and eat it, suddenly the ghost appear in the scene, Eunhye scream and showered Hongki with popcorn.

            “Sorry” she whispered.

Hongki stand up then the popcorn bits fall to the floor. It is his fault anyway, he now that Eunhye don’t watch horror movie.

Hour past, Eunhye decide she can’t take it anymore and she lean to the sit and close her eye, in no time she fall asleep. Hongki covers her body with his sweater. When the movie finish, he wake her up.

            “The movie has ended?”

Hongki answered with a smile on his face.

They were bickering while walking, Eunhye ask for more ice cream because he has force her to see that movie.

            “Unni, Oppa” Min greet them.

            “Eh” both of them stop and notice Min.

            “Hey, what are you doing here” Hongki ask her.

            “Late night movie, we’ve just finish our dance class”

            “Oh… Enjoy your movie, we’re going home now” Hongki start to drag Eunhye away.

            “Ice cream” Eunhye remind her. They start walking, leaving Min.

Min watches them bicker to each other, “Oppa! See you tomorrow,” she yells to him.

            “Okay!” Hongki wave his hand.

 While in the car.

            “Why are you seeing Min tomorrow?” Eunhye dunk the spoon in the ice cream bucket.

Hongki smirk “Are you jealous?”

            “Ice cream, should I be jealous?” Eunhye talk to it.

Hongki laugh seeing Eunhye act.

            “I’m doing some mural at Min dance school because I’ve to earn money you know, to pay the car and such.” Hongki made a sad face, although his family rich, but his mom wants him to be more responsible by paying his own bill.

            “Yes, I know” then she giggle happily.

They keep quiet until they arrive at Eunhye house.

            “Eunhye, you know what”

Eunhye stop to open the door and turn to see Hongki.

            “What?”

Hongki let the silent in between them.

            “You’ve change” he glace to see Eunhye face change then he continue “You’re hiding something from me?” Hongki wait for her answer.

Eunhye shake her head, “Sorry, I can’t… I”

Hongki cut her word “Okay I’ll wait… goodnight Eunhye”

Eunhye wave her hand and watch Hongki leave, when she can’t see the car she enter her house, the scooter is park in the house, Someone from Hongki house have sent it.

            “Hongki is nice, good looking, he has a very big heart, sometime playful and cheeky, but he will be serious when he has to. You’re a kind person Hongki-shi, who would not fall for you right?”

She place the ice cream bucket in the fridge and when upstairs.

‘Thank you Hongki… thank you so much’ she turns off the lamp and tries to catch a sleep.

 


 

i've notice that i'm a slow writer... sorry that i cant kept my promise,

but i promise to finish this story at any cause!

thanks for reading you  , saranghaeyo!

THANK YOU | KAMSAHAMNIDA | TERIMA KASIH