Eunhye Flashback - Thanks For The Memory, Saying Goodbye Is Hard

사랑은 | LUV is...

Mrs Yoon and Yonghwa parent has kept a secret from Eunhye. Yonghwa has asked them to do that.

After a week the school holiday started.

            “Eomma, where are we going?” Eunhye ask while her mother drives the car.

            “We’re going to pick up your Appa”

Eunhye watches the scenery outside, Eunhye smile. Everything is going to be perfect.

Mrs Yoon goes into the bakery. Eunhye walk around. Then she saw Yonghwa there.

            “Hey, I’ve been waiting for you” Yonghwa approached her.

Eunhye watch him in confusion.

            “I’m so sorry that I don’t tell you earlier”

            “Tell me what?”

            “We’re moving out from town. My father has job offer at Seoul, so I’ll be schooling there too”

Eunhye stood there in surprise, she don’t see this coming. Eunhye saw her mom giving something to Yonghwa parent, both of their mothers is hugging each other.

Yonghwa take her to their parent.

            “Eun-chan, say goodbye to them” Mrs Yoon ask her.

            “Mrs Jung, goodbyes…take care” Mrs Jung hold her hand tide, she smile to her.

When the announcement for Seoul flight is heard in the airport, they say their last goodbye, Yonghwa parent make their move.

Eunhye stand there and still holding Yonghwa hand.

            “Eun-chan, I’m sorry that I kept this from you. I wanted to give you a good memory and I wanted to spend my time with you”

Eunhye nod her head.

            “Please take care, and remember your promise” Yonghwa ask her.

Eunhye nod her head again.

            “Can you smile for me please?”

Eunhye tilt her head, she smile to him.

            “I’m sorry”

Eunhye let go of Yonghwa hand.

He ruffles her hair then he pinches her nose.

            “Because you’re so cute, I can’t help it” Yonghwa smile as he walks away. He waves his hand to her.

The aeroplane soars thru the sky, taking Eunhye heart with it. Minutes later Mr Yoon arrives. Eunhye cry into Mr Yoon when they hug.

Mr Yoon has decided. He’s going to take his family back to Japan, no matter what happen. His lovely wife need him, his only daughter need him. A family should be together no matter what.

He sends her crying daughter to sleep. Mrs Yoon tells him that their princess is heartbroken. That night he tells her wife about his plan.

After a week they have prepare everything, Eunhye finish packing her stuff, she is not like she’s use to be. She became quite and cries herself to sleep every night.

            “Eun-chan, is there anyone you want to see before our flight tomorrow?” Mrs Yoon comes in to check on Eunhye.

Eunhye shake her head.

            “Okay, come down for lunch when you finish everything” Mrs Yoon close the door.

Eunhye stand by the window.

            “It’s going to be spring soon” She remembers someone that she has to meet.

            “Eomma, I’m going out for a while!” she dialled the number she remembers well.

            “Unni! I miss you!” Hyoyeon high note make her jolt in surprise.

            “Yah! Why are you so happy!” she smile, that girl has always make her smile for no reason.

Eunhye tell her to meet somewhere.

Eunhye is waiting for Hyoyeon at the playground, Hyoyeon is late.

            “Unni! Sorry I’m late, I don’t know this neighbourhood” she smiles to her.

            “Hey, it’s okay… I’ve something to tell you” Eunhye told her about she’s moving to Japan.

            “No way!!! Unni!!! You can’t leave me alone!”

Eunhye flick Hyoyeon forehead “Don’t make it sound so desperately”

Hyoyeon rub her forehead and smile “But Unni, I’ll be lonely again”

            “You’re good with making new friend and you have Eunhyuk too”

            “Unni, I heard from Eunhyuk Oppa that Yonghwa Oppa has moved out to Seoul. Have you told him your feeling?” Hyoyeon ask her.

            “I don’t have feeling for him, we’re just friend” she denied her feeling, lying to Hyoyeon.

            “Unni, its show all over your face” Hyoyeon stop to see her reaction “Unni, are you okay?”

            “Life goes on Hyoyeon… anyway thanks for being a good friend Hyoyeon, I’m gonna miss you big time girl”

Eunhye and Hyoyeon spend the afternoon together.

            “Hey girl, are you ready to go back now?” Eunhyuk arrive to fetch Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon nod and hug Eunhye.

            “Unni, I’m gonna miss you big time” she’s almost tear, but Eunhye pinch her cheek.

            “Please take care of my girl okay” Eunhye stare to Eunhyuk.

            “Of course I will”

Then Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk left Eunhye there, at the playground. She sits there for a while, remembering all the time she spends there with Yonghwa. The sun is setting down the horizon, the street light lights the playground. Eunhye get up and wipe her tears, as she walk away she turn again for one last time to see the playground.

‘Our playground, it’s ours Yong Yong… always will’ tears start falling to her cheeks. She walks slowly to her house.

At the airport.

            “Eun-chan, we’ll be going to check-in the bag, you want to follow?”

            “No Appa, I’ll just wait here”

Minutes later, Eunhye is lost in her own world.

            “Eunhye Unni!”

Eunhye try to find who’s calling her, she saw Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk walk toward her.

            “Hyoyeon? Eunhyuk what are you guys doing here?” Hyoyeon hug her, she cries.

             “Hyoyeon, don’t cry…” Eunhye rub her back, calming her down.

Hyoyeon let go of her hug, she wipe her tears, but her eyes is still teary.

            “Unni, take this…” Hyoyeon pass her the cute cookies wrap in the clear plastic with ribbon on top.

            “Hey, I’m gonna miss your cookies, your cookies is the best!” Eunhye smile after taking the cookies, she feels teary too but she can’t show the tears to them.

            “Unni, this is the recipe. When you miss me, bake it okay!” they laugh remembering how they spend one day to bake cookies, but end up with a hard cookies like a stone, yes.. That’s what happen when Eunhye learn to bake.

            “Pose for the picture girls” Eunhyuk is taking a picture of them, twice.

            “Okay, this is yours and one for you my dear” Eunhyuk past the Polaroid picture to the two girls.

            “Can we take one more, with the three of us?”

            “Okay!” they give the biggest smile for the last picture.

            “I’m keeping this. Thanks guys” Eunhye feel lucky to be friend to Hyoyeon and knowing Eunhyuk too. ‘Going to miss you big time girl’

            “Eun-chan, we have to board now” Mrs Yoon calling for Eunhye.

Eunhye nod to her, her parent move on. She bid her last goodbye to her friends. Last hug with Hyoyeon, treated Eunhyuk for the last time too.

She walks away before they can see her tears falling. ‘Saying Goodbye is always hard’

            “Unni! I’m going to miss you, don’t forget me!” Hyoyeon yell to her. She just waves her hand without turning back. Tears falling to her cheeks like river.

Eunhye sit next to the window and watch the cloud outside.

            “Everything going to be okay, Eun-chan… they will always be in your heart” Mrs Yoon kisses her head. Eunhye nod her head.

‘I don’t have courage to tell Yonghwa that I like him a lot, now he’s gone… I have to leave good friends too, too much for me to handle at one time’

She closes her eye, tears start flowing again. She can feel her mom hold her hand tide.

‘I’m tired of crying, may this is be the last tears’ she fall asleep on her mom shoulder.