Eunhye Flashback - The Rumour

사랑은 | LUV is...

Eunhye catch a fever that day, her mom has force her to stay at home.

            “But Eomma, I’m fine” but when she try to walk, her leg wobble.

            “So that’s fine to you? Please don’t be too stubborn Eun-chan”

            “But Eomma…”

            “No but-but your Eomma, Eun-chan… you better rest for the day” Eunhye finally give up, she really wanted to go to school so she can spend the day with Yonghwa too. Eunhye can’t go out for a few days. After a week she goes back to school.

‘Am I being delusional or what? Why are they looking at me like I’m dirty or something?’ Eunhye walk alone to school that day, she feel weird that student look at her with hatred.

            “Morning” Eunhye greet her classmate when she came into class, but everyone keeps silent and some give her the same glare she receives all morning.

Before she could ask anything to Hyoyeon, the teacher comes to class.

Eunhye and Hyoyeon are walking to the rooftop as always, student that pass them saying pretty horrible things.

            “That’s the girl, she dares to come to school, what a ”

            “You better take care of your boyfriend, or she’s going to seduce him”

            “She is not pretty, just using her body to get boys”

            “I’m so disgusted to even see her, she’s a ”

            “She is the ”

Both of them just walk pass them, Eunhye is shock to hear those word. They rest on the rooftop, while watching the sky.

            “Unni”

            “Yes”

            “Do you know that they were talking about you?”

            “I guess so, they were glaring at me since this morning, what actually happen?”

            “It’s started last week, there were people spreading rumour about you. I wanted to tell you, but Yonghwa Oppa said it better to let you rest and this will stop if we ignore it”

‘He don’t say a word of this, but where is he today’ Eunhye don’t care about what people say about her, she don’t care at all.

            “Unni, they spread about you being close with Yonghwa Oppa is all because you trick him, you sleep with him and all, won’t you do anything Unni?” Hyoyeon turn to see her.

Eunhye close her eye. Thinking “No, they will stop eventually, and the school holiday is near soon they will forget. Well, sooner or later” Eunhye smile to her.

            “Don’t you believe their word?” Eunhye ask Hyoyeon.

            “If I hear about Yonghwa Oppa force you to do that, well I might believe that one…” she stops and watches Eunhye reaction. Eunhye eye is wide open “Well, he is the playboy right? But… Unni is strong… Unni… you don’t do anything to Yonghwa Oppa right?” Hyoyeon laugh and run to save her life.

            “Yah! Hyoyeon! Stop” Eunhye giggle and run after Hyoyeon.

After a few days, some of the student has stopped badmouthed or glaring to her.

But today may have been the worse day ever.

Eunhye walk along the corridor to class, she can see that a group of girl are walking toward her so she move aside, giving space for them to walk thru. One of the girls carelessly pushes Eunhye to the wall with her body and walk away.

‘She just what? Girls…’ Eunhye shake her head then sigh and walk away.

When Eunhye and Hyoyeon immerse in their talk while walking down the stair, one girl hit Eunhye elbow then she lost her balance and fall down on her bottom.

            “Yah! Say sorry or something!” Hyoyeon yell to the girl that has hit Eunhye.

The girl just watch with no sign of guilt, she smirks and walks away.

            “She deserves it, ”

Hyoyeon hear that. “Yah! Watch your mouth girl!”

They ignore her and walk away.

Hyoyeon help Eunhye get up on her feet.

            “Hey, it’s okay…”

            “But Unni…” Eunhye pull her hand along to walk with her. She gives her a smile telling her that everything going to be fine.

Before the second last period, Eunhye go to the toilet. ‘Nature call’ she runs to the toilet when the teacher left the class.

After she finishes her business in the toilet, suddenly there is water coming down on her.

            “Yah!!!” she screams in surprise then she heard some girl giggle and laughing.

            “Serve you right , leave the school or else” they threat Eunhye and walk away from the toilet.

Eunhye is covered in water mixes with floor, egg and other stuff that she doesn’t even know. She’s dirty and stinks.

            “This is so… stink” Eunhye clean herself. The smell is still there.

‘I can’t go to class like this, the school will end soon anyway’ Eunhye end up waiting in the toilet till Hyoyeon come and fine her. Hyoyeon borrow her sweat suit to Eunhye.

            “Unni, I’m afraid if this going on, you’d be hurt” Hyoyeon voice is full of concern.

            “Nothing can hurt me Hyoyeon. Don’t worry” she packs her bag.

            “Unni, you’re human, not some kinds of robot and you have feelings” Eunhye look at her with no feeling.

            “Can I come to your house first to clean up? Don’t want to freak my Eomma if she see me like this” Hyoyeon nod. They went home together.

Eunhye come back late that night.  When she gets home, Mrs Yoon calls her.

            “Eun-chan! Come here!” she notice her Eomma voice is different.

            “Neh Eomma, I’m sorry I’m late” she watches the floor.

            “Why did you do this to me Eun-chan? Tell me! What has you done with Yonghwa?!” Mrs Yoon shakes Eunhye body. Eunhye is shock that this new has come to her Eomma.

            “Why did you slept with him! Do you carry his baby now! Tell me Eun-chan! Haven’t I provided you with everything! Eun-chan!!! Don’t you know how much I sacrifice for you?” Mrs Yoon voice is high.

            “Eomma… I don’t…” Eunhye try to explain to her Eomma.

            “Eun-chan! Don’t lie to me, tell me the truth!”

            “I don’t!” Eunhye scream to her Eomma.

‘Pang!’ Mrs Yoon slaps Eunhye cheek. She falls down.

            “Don’t lie to me Eun-chan! People are saying a lot of things!!! I’ve given you freedom, but this you repay me with?! I’m disappointed with you Eun-chan”

            “Eomma believe other people word more than mine?! I hate you Eomma!” with that Eunhye run and leave the house. She run anywhere her leg can carry her, the rain fall.

Mrs Yoon falls on the sofa. She dialled her husband.

Meanwhile, Mrs Jung is also interrogating his son about that matter. Yonghwa explain everything to his mother.

            “Eomma, let’s go Eun-chan house, I have to explain this to Auntie Yoon” Yonghwa has been busy finding who spread that rumour, he find out who’s the culprit and had made her to clean up Eun-chan name. Yonghwa ex-girlfriend is the one started the rumour.

Yonghwa has told everything to Mrs Yoon.

            “Auntie, I’ll find Eun-chan and bring her back” Yonghwa run outside, trying to find her. Yonghwa go to every possible place he could find her.

            “Where could Eun-chan be?” as he walk thru the park.

            “Wait! She must be there! She must!” Yonghwa run deep into the park, to the playground, their playground.

Yonghwa walk slowly. Try to see everything thru the heavy rain. Yonghwa notice the figure sitting on the swing. His worry fly away, his face smoothen and a smile form. He walks slowly to her.

Eunhye saw someone standing in front of her.

She tilt her head “Yonghwa…Eomma” tears form again in her eye.

Eunhye try to explain everything to Yonghwa between her sob and the rain. Yonghwa just hold her hand tightly.

Eunhye watch the ground, feeling guilty to her mom and to Yonghwa.

            “Eun-chan, don’t worry… let’s go home okay, your mom is worried for you”

Eunhye sit in silent.

            “I’ll take care of everything, don’t worry” Yonghwa pull her hand to stand up.

            “But…”

Yonghwa walk slowly in the rain to Eunhye house. He holds Eunhye hand tightly.

Eunhye remember this moment, it was like the first time she save Yonghwa but this time Yonghwa is the one holding her and leading the way.

‘Yonghwa has change’

When they arrive at home, all the misunderstanding is clear. Eunhye and Mrs Yoon make up to each other.

The last week of school is the best week for Eunhye, her exam result is good. Student has known the rumour wasn’t true and the girl who spread the news has apologies to her. So all went well for her and she has spent a lot of time with Yonghwa.