Eunhye Feelings

사랑은 | LUV is...

The new semester has begun, Eunhye is in 8 grade. Its spring again, after school as Eunhye walk to the gate she saw Hyoyeon sitting on the grass, passionately watching something.

Eunhye walk and stood silently behind her and see what Hyoyeon watching.

‘Basketball practice? What so interesting?’ Eunhye watch a crowd of girl screaming and jumping supporting the basketball player.

“Unni, what are you doing here?” Hyoyeon notice her and pull Eunhye hand to have a sit with her.

“Nothing, what are you doing here?”

“Watching them play and they are good, our school pride”

“Really, aren’t you watching the boys?”

Hyoyeon face reddens, she shyly admits. “Ehmm... yes…”

Eunhye flick her forehead.

“Ouch! Unni, its hurt”

“I thought you were here for the game” Eunhye ruffle her hand and watch the game, there is someone she know whose playing.

“Unni, do you see the tall player who’s dribbling the ball?”

“Dribbling?”

“Bouncing the ball on the ground” Hyoyeon explain

Eunhye nod her head.

“His name is Lee Hyukjae or nickname Eunhyuk. He’s the one that I like to watch. He’s a good player too along with that tall kid that receives the ball from Eunhyuk, he is Jung Yonghwa” Hyoyeon explain.

“The crowd of girl?”

“They are here for the boys, Yonghwa and Eunhyuk has lead our basketball team since they join the team 2 years ago and Yonghwa's a playboy”

Eunhye face Hyoyeon, interested by the statement.

“Really Unni. He’s been changing girlfriend, the girls knew it and still want to be his girlfriend. Who don’t fall for him anyway, he’s good looking, the basketball captain and top 10 students in school" she stop to see Eunhye reaction,than she continue "but not me” Hyoyeon smile brightly to her.

“That’s because you fallen for that ‘monkey’” Eunhye watch Eunhyuk is jumping and acting like a monkey after he score.

“Don’t call him that Unni, hmmmp” Hyoyeon pouts angrily.

Eunhye pinch Hyoyeon cheek lightly, Hyoyeon smile and admit that she does fall for that cheeky monkey Eunhyuk.

“I’m going back, see you tomorrow” Eunhye lost her interest when she saw the girls crowded Yonghwa and she stand up, ready to leave. 

“Okay Unni, see you… be careful” Hyoyeon wave her goodbye.

*******************************************

It’s been a week past the summer vacation, the new semester has started.

Eunhye is walking to the school, her hand is bandage and she has bruises on her face, arm and legs.

Hyoyeon greet her. “Good Morning Unni! Oh my god! What happen to you” she is shock to see Eunhye.

“Nothing, I fall in the toilet” she lied jokingly.

“Unni, don’t lie to me and I know you're friend with the gang. Unni, they are not good people, please stop seeing them” Eunhye ignore her nagging and pull her hand. “Let’s go to school!”

Eunhye and Hyoyeon is talking on the rooftop, they always come to the rooftop at recess time. 

“Unni, me and Eunhyuk has start talking to each other”

“Ehmm, tell me the story” as Eunhye keep munching her favourite cookies that Hyoyeon bake for her.

 “Unni, you know that last summer vacation I took a dance class, I meet him there and then we partner up for the dance class. Before the end of our summer class, we perform street dance together and there is some skin ship between us, we spend the summer together” Hyoyeon giggle with glee when she remember the moment between them, it was like the time stop for them.

“Aigo aigo, this girl! Wake up from you dream” Eunhye pinch her cheek.

“Unni” she giggles shyly.

The bell ring, they walk casually to their class. The time passes fast, they don’t even notice, it’s time to go home.

“Unni, go straight home okay, don’t go anywhere else”

“Neh Grandma” Eunhye stuck her tongue out and walk away from Hyoyeon.

“Unni, be careful” Hyoyeon yell to her. Eunhye wave her hand back.

When Eunhye finally came home, she directly go to her room, she eat the painkiller and doze off to sleep.

*******************************************

A week after that, the basketball tournament is held at their school.

“Unni, let’s go to the gym building”

“Why?” she ask blankly. “Unni, how can you forget, today is the tournament, the final” Hyoyeon explain excitedly, she has been talking bout it for days.

“Sorry, Lets go” they walk together there, the gym is pack with student from both school. They easily get a place to seat when Eunhye give a death glare to some student.

“Assa” Hyoyeon is happy that she can watch the play at a strategic place, thanks to Eunhye.

The 4th quarter start as soon the whistle blow, the last 8 minute play will determine which school will be the winner for the season.

Both of the team score and the opponent has scored 1 point more than their school. In the last 2 minute, Yonghwa team coach calls for a time outs.

 The team have a 1 minute meeting.

“Eunhyuk, this is your time” “Fighting!” as soon the whistle blow they start the last tactics. The crowd keep on shouting their school name to give them support and to keep the fighting spirit to the last minute.

As the last half minute countdown, the defence players manage to guard the opponent player. Yonghwa and Eunhyuk skilfully launch their last tactic, when Yonghwa lofting the ball near the rim, Eunhyuk jump and dunk the ball downward through the basket as he hang with one arm on the rim. With that the whistle blow, it’s the end of the game, their team won win the season play.

The winning crowd go wild and shout Eunhyuk nickname “Monkey! Monkey!”

The guys hug each other with joy, all their hard work is paid with the winning.

Hyoyeon is jumping happily, Eunhye just smile watching her.

“Let’s go” Eunhye hate the crowd, it making her dizzy. As she drag Hyoyeon along. “Hyoyeon-shi!” they hear someone calling for Hyoyeon so they stop.

“Yes you Hyoyeon-shi! The girl who loves dancing, baking and also walking to leave the gym now, yes you Hyoyeon-shi” they turn and see Eunhyuk is using the megaphone. Eunhye let go of Hyoyeon hand.

He throws the winning ball to Hyoyeon. She catches it and there are words on the ball.

 ‘Be my girlfriend’

Hyoyeon watch Eunhyuk with shock. Eunhyuk give her the best smile he had.

Eunhye steal a glance at Yonghwa , their eye meet. It’s been long since they see each other. Eunhye feel like the time has stop for her.

‘Though you are not my Yong Yong anymore, I can’t seem to hate what you’ve become. As the time pass, I fall deeper into you and when we stop talking to each other, I can’t get my mind of you. When I try to deny my feeling it grows stronger by the day’

The crowd clapping and cheering awakes Eunhye from her thought, she turn and saw Eunhyuk is hugging Hyoyeon. When she turns to see Yonghwa, he has gone. Eunhye than leave the gym and go home.

While resting on her bed that night, she received a text message from Hyoyeon.

[Unni, me and Eunhyuk Oppa is officially a couple]

She hurriedly replies.

[Congrats! The entire girl in school will be jealous of you. *evil laughs*]

“Love is…” she stop for a minute and she remember Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk “sweet” she continue.

‘Luv is sweet, Yoon Eunhye-shi” with that thought she get a good night sleep.

*******************************************

School give a day off for the student, thanks to the basketball winning the tournament.

Eunhye lay in her bed lazily. She smells something good.

‘Eomma cooking is always best’ she hurried up and seat at the table, the breakfast is served.

“I made this egg toast today, Eomma has to go now” Mrs Yoon kiss her daughter and leave the house immediately.

‘I don’t want to go out today, let’s lay around’ she smile happily and eat her breakfast. She get bored watching the channel, nothing really caught her interest.  She go to the kitchen to get strawberry, mango, melon and other fruit and go outside, she lay on the table outside. She watches the cloud moving away.

‘Ting Tong’ she heard the doorbell ring. She wake up lazily and open up the gate, first she saw the bright yellow sunflower hiding the face then when the sunflower is pass to her and she take it. She realize that Yonghwa is there, standing in front of her with a smile on his face.

Yonghwa help himself in and sit on the table then he eats the fruit. Eunhye standing there and watch him in disbelieve. ‘This is a dream right?’

“Hurry up here Eun-chan, or I eat all this” he smile like nothing is wrong.

Eunhye pinch her thigh. ‘Ouch! I'm not in a dream!’ she seat on the table, putting the sunflower down.

“Thanks for the flower”

“It’s nothing”

“Congratulation on winning”

“Did you watch the game?”

Eunhye nod her head.

“It’s the last game for the senior, I quit the game, has to focus for exam now”

Eunhye nod again.

“Can you help me with the study?”

“Aren’t you the top 10 student in our school?” Eunhye turn to face him then she make a question face.

He smile cheekily “I’m not actual that good in Math” he ruffle his hair.

Then they start conversing like the old time, 2 years seem like yesterday. They don’t realize it’s late in the evening.  Mrs Yoon came back and surprise to see Yonghwa too.

 “Annyeong Hasaeyo Auntie Yoon” he greet Eunhye mother. She smiles to him and go inside.

“I’m going then, so see you soon” Yonghwa get up, ruffle Eunhye hair then he head home.

Eunhye seat there, blankly. Trying to understand what happen. ‘Don’t think too much Eun-chan’.

School start again, Eunhye feel more excited to go to school because Yonghwa has started talking to her again. She smile happily to school and she do greet some of her classmate but they feel awkward to see her bright character.

“Hyoyeon!” she calls for her friend as she walk to her seat.

“Unni! Morning! Why are you smiling so happily?” Hyoyeon is surprise for the different, Eunhye always look cold. Eunhye don’t put a smile on her face without a good reason.

“Just happy for you” she takes her seat, Hyoyeon turn to face her. Eunhye smile brightly, when Hyoyeon wanted to dig the secret more, the teacher came into class.

They decided to get buns for recess and as soon the bell ring, they walk there.

“Hyoyeon, what can I get you?” Eunhyuk tap Hyoyeon shoulder.

“Oh! Oppa! We’re getting some bun” she smiles brightly for him.

“Let me get it for you, what do you want? Just wait here, can’t you see there is like world war” they turn their head to see student fighting over to get the bun, the bun is freshly baked and it’s so delicious.

But normally they get it easily because of Eunhye reputation and while Hyoyeon tell him what they wanted.

“Eunhye, catch!” Yonghwa throw a strawberry bun to Eunhye, she catch it perfectly.

“Thanks” she stammer. Yonghwa smile and move on.

Hyoyeon watch Eunhye with shock. Eunhyuk go and get the bun for him and Hyoyeon.

“What?” Eunhye ask with a smile on her face.

“This is getting weirder Unni, tell me everything!” she demands for answer.

“I’ll be going to rooftop first” Eunhye ignore her question and walk to the rooftop.

‘Yes, these feel weird for me too… but I’ll enjoy it’

The three of them enjoy their lunch on the rooftop, this is the first time Eunhyuk been there. He is also surprise that what people spread about Eunhye is not real. That day Eunhye has gain new friendship.

“Anyway Eunhye, I don’t know that you are a friend of Yonghwa”

She take a long time to think then she is save by the bell

“Let’s go” she stand up and walk away.

“Oppa, your friend won’t hurt Eunhye Unni right? He’s a playboy and I don’t believe him. Oppa! he's not making my Unni his next target right?”

“Don’t think like that, he’s my friend and one of my good friends too”

“Unni is my friend and a good friend too!” when she's done talking, Eunhyuk stole a kiss on her cheek then he run away.

“Oppa! I don’t give you permission to do that!” Hyoyeon run to catch him.

*******************************************

It’s been week that they spend their time together, at first Eunhye feel awkward but soon she feel comfortable, a part of Yonghwa is still Yong Yong, the kid that she fallen for ages ago.

“As I promise, I will teach and giving free tuition for English in return for you teaching me Math” when Eunhye finish tutor him, he start to tutor Eunhye.

When both of them seriously doing their homework. Mrs Jung comes to check them.

“Yonghwa, we are going out. Has both of you finish?”

“Just a little bit more Eomma”

“Are you going out after this?”

“Yes Eomma, I’m going out with Eun-chan”

“Okay, be careful and don’t forget to lock the door okay” she look to Eunhye and continue “Eun-chan thank you for helping Yonghwa” Eunhye smile to her. Mrs Jung leaves them both, they continue their homework. After an hour, both of them leave the house and hang out together.

After dinner at the street they walk to the playground. They use to play there together or Yonghwa will be sitting around watching Eunhye play with other kids.

Eunhye sit at the swing. She breathes into her hand. Yonghwa take off his jacket and were it around Eunhye.

“Thank you”

The leave is falling from the tree, the winter is coming soon. They talk about a lot of things. Sometime when the cold wind blows, Eunhye brush her hand together.

“Are you okay?” Yonghwa feel her forehead and compare it with his body temperature.

“Yes, so cool tonight” Yonghwa take her hand and help her to warm up. Eunhye feel warm inside.

Yonghwa crouch while still holding Eunhye hand, he look up and their eye meet.

“Eun-chan, can you promise something to me?” than he continue “Stop worrying people that love you, stop hurting yourself and stop getting in trouble”

Eunhye understand what he’s trying to tell her. Actually she is ready to do anything for him. Really, she does. Before she could say anything, Yonghwa stand up and put his finger on her lips.

“It’s for your own good and I won’t let you say no. I’ll watch over you”

Dumbfounded, Eunhye nod her head.

“Now, let’s go home” He helps Eunhye to stand up and he put his hand and Eunhye in her jacket pocket .

“it’s getting cooler” Yonghwa smile and they walk home together.

“See you next time Eun-chan” Yonghwa pinch her nose playfully then he walk to his home.

Eunhye heart beats faster that day, it did.

*******************************************

Sorry i don’t keep my promise, there is still a bit for the flashback part.

Don’t realize that i wrote a lot, aigo~

Please bear it with me! Anyway enjoy reading this extremely long chap. Extreme? maybe not. haha

THANK YOU | TERIMA KASIH | KAMSAHAMNIDA