004

The Vampire Masters

Kris waited until the sun finally set before heading out. After slipping on his black trench coat, he walked to the open window. The curtains were frail as the wind moved them.

He stood on top of the window sill. He was facing his dark room and his back was facing outside towards the moon. 

He spread his arms out and slowly fell backwards. 

Soon he kicked in his flight and started to soar through the night sky. 

He saw Seoul lit up in the night sky, he steered himself to a house that's always familiar to him. The house he flies by every night to make sure someone was ok. 

He swooped down. 

 

Ms. Jung sighed and looked up at the night sky. She was hoping her daughter would come home today but she didn't. She was scared, terrified, and horrified. As she looked up at the night sky she saw something flying.

She furrowed her eyebrows. 

Then a knock came to her door.

Ms.Jung quickly got up and walked to the door. She hoped it was her daughter but deep down she knew it wasn't.

She slowly opened the door and saw a familiar face and whispered, "Wu Fan." 

"Ms. Jung." Kris greeted.

Ms. Jung opened the door wider and let Kris come inside. 

"It still smells like her." Kris said.

"Where is she?" Ms. Jung demanded.

"Do not worry, Kim Ah Ri, Naeun is in safe keepings with me." Kris said.

Ms. Jung clenched her fist after hearing her real name, "You brought her into a world that I wanted to escape from! She is not safe!"

Kris turned and looked at herm his eyes darkened, "I did not bring her! She brought herself, being the naive person she is." 

"No! You’re the one who did. I know what you do every night! You waited for her to come back and now that she did, you've been watching her! And as you watched her you brought danger to her! You’re bringing danger to my Naeun!" Ms. Jung yelled tears in her eyes, "Just please bring my daughter back to me!" She grabbed onto his arm.

"I can't!" Kris roared and jerked her away, a little too hard that she fell back, gaining a cut on her arm.

"Why not?" Ms. Jung whimpered as she examined her cut.

"Now that I have her, now that she's with me, I cannot let her go. I just can't, not like before." Kris said quietly.

Ms. Jung glared at Kris and got up quickly. Her cut was healed by then and looked as if nothing touched it in the first place. "By doing that, Naeun will enter the world in which she wishes to never experience. She'll be frightened at how ugly it is. She'll want to return ... but she can't! Naeun is too innocent and naive to experience this-"

Kris spoke interrupting her, "Did you know what happened the night she disappeared?"

Ms. Jung stared at him.

"She was attacked by another group of vampires. Kim Ah Ri, you see, she entered this world the minute she was born. They want her. The years I watched over her, I wasn't the only one watching. So the night she was attacked, I sensed it, I sent Suho down to save her and bring her to me. If she were to keep staying with you, she would have been dead al-"

"I can protect her!" Ms. Jung yelled.

"No you can't, you are no longer the strongest warrior like you were 200 years ago. You're getting weaker as others are getting stronger. You are nothing compared to them." Kris said.

Ms. Jung sighed; she considered that he was right. 

"Ah Ri, I will keep her safe. I promise." Kris softly said, he meant every word his said. 

She stared at Kris, "Fine, please keep her out of any harm." 

Kris nodded, "Yes I will. Thank you. And I suggest that you move out of this house, the smell of Naeun is really strong here."

Ms. Jung nodded, "I understand." 

Kris headed towards the door but something caught his eye. A picture of Naeun. Kris stared at it, amazed by her beauty, her smile, her eyes, everything.

He picked it up to get a better look. Around her neck he saw the necklace. His necklace. "The necklace." He whispered.

"You know, she never takes it off, she says it makes her feel safe," said Ms. Jung.

"It’s supposed to." Kris said quietly in respond.