027

The Vampire Masters

Kai was the least of happy today since it was his turn to teach Naeun of his powers. He hated the fact of someone sharing the same power as him. It was his power and only his, he should be the only one who gets to use it. 

It was already 9pm, he was putting it off the entire day. He let out a tired sigh and made his way towards Naeun's room. A walk he treaded. 

He did not bother to knock and barged in. He saw Naeun sitting near the window with a book in front of her. She was so immersed into the book that she did hear her door open. 

With long strides, Kai was already beside Naeun. However, she still hasn't noticed him. 

Kai frowned, how interesting was the book she was reading? He peered over her shoulder and tried to get a glance of the words. Before he could get one word in, she turned the page. He rolled his eyes and went to her ear, "Boo." 

Naeun gasped and the book nearly flew out of her hand.

"Are you deaf? I was here for at least 5 minutes." Kai said in an annoyed matter and crossed his arms. 

Naeun frowned, she clearly was not liking that it was Kai's turn to teach her. She stood from her seat and looked to Kai.

Kai blankly stared at her.

The staring made Naeun uncomfortable and she shifted her eyes. The atmosphere was beyond awkward.

Naeun waited for him talk for about a minute now, "Well...?"

Kai shrugged before he disappeared. It wasn't even millisecond and Kai was already on the other said her room. Then he disappeared and appeared in front of her, "Vampires are fast, but I'm faster." 

Naeun waited for him to say anything else, "Aren't you going to teach me?" 

Kai lips went to a straight line, "No, it's bothersome to teach, just think and do." He disappeared again. 

Naeun waited for him to appear again but after 5 minutes of waiting, she realized that he ditched her. She let out a sigh and rolled her eyes. She should have expected Kai to pull this type of stunt. Not that she was happy that he was gone. It's just that she'd prefer to be taught something rather than nothing even it was from Kai. However, Kai's words did not enlighten her.

 

Kris stood in front of his window, looking at the night sky. Suho was also in the room, sitting on one of the luxurious chairs. 

"Naeun said her headaches were getting frequent," Suho said and sipped a glass of blood. They've been living for 3000 years, and in those years they saved quite a bit money for them to afford luxurious things  and to live a luxurious life. Even though they had a luxurious environment, their lives were hectic and stressful. "It's weird, a few days ago when she ended up in the middle of the woods, she was sleep walking. That person has found a way to invade her dreams and control her. We need to have someone who will watch over her while she sleeps." 

"Make Baekhyun do it." Kris said. He was deep in thought wondering how he would be able to save her this time. 

"Well I was thinking maybe Luhan could do it." Suho said. 

Kris turned to him and glared at him as if he said the wrong thing, "No, Luhan is not allowed to go near her." 

Suho gulped. He did not dare tell Kris what happened the other night when Luhan thought someone was in Naeun's room, "Luhan is the only who can take her nightmares away, maybe he could-"

"No." Kris voiced and turned back to the window. He was greeted by his brother, who stood gripping on the window outside. Kris gave a cold stare.

The brother only smiled and told him to open the window. 

Kris latched the locks and opened the window with one hand. 

E.den stepped in and gave his brother a pat on his shoulder, "I think you're warming up to me." 

Kris pushed his hand away from him and continued to give his cold stare, "What do you want now?" 

"Mother is concerned is concerned to why you never answer her calls." E.den said and his eyes locked with Suho. He waved, "Hello Suho." 

Suho bowed to E.den and then to Kris, "I'll be leaving." He turned and walked out of the room. 

"I was busy." Kris said. 

"Anyways, Mother has called for a Royal and Pure blood meeting, she wants every single one of the them to meet at her upcoming party. She has an announcement to make. It's about the uprising in the underworld." E.Den said in a serious voice.

The first thing Kris thought of was, Naeun, he couldn't leave her alone, "What about Naeun? She can't be left alone." 

E.den smriked, "I can take care of her."

Before Kris could say anything, E.den was heading out in to the hallways, "How about I meet her right now so it won't be awkward later." 

Kris caught up to E.den and pulled him back into his room, "No. I'll just tell one of them to stay with her." 

"She said she wants all of you there." 

Kris pinched the bridge of his noes with his fingers and sighed, "Why must mother be like this?" 

"Just bring her, it's not going to be like last time, where she was attacked. By the way, you guys are the most powerful group of vampires in the region. I'm sure no one would dare hurt her as long as you guys are around." For once, E.den made a point.

"Is that all?" Kris asked and wished for him to leave. 

"Yes but I would also like to meet my mate." E.den smirked at Kris.

"No. Now leave." Kris was already pulling his younger brother by the ear and pushed him near the window. 

"Wait Kris, you know I can't fly just walk me out the door."

"You exit the same way you enter." Before E.den could protest, he pushed him out the window and saw his falling figure hit the ground. Kris took a look at E.den and gave a satisfying nod. 

He heard the brother groaned something along the lines of "God dammit Kris, you're such an ."