032

The Vampire Masters

Kris sat in his chair with his elbows resting on his desk. He was in deep thought. The deep thought of Naeun and Nayoung. He was recalling his past love story with Nayoung. The sweet innocent love story of how they met and got married. He wanted Naeun to himself just like he always wanted, however, with Luhan in the way, it was going to be hard. He needed to advance quickly in order to win her heart. 

He raised himself from his desk and bolted out the door. With speed, he landed in front of Naeun's door. He was hesitating whether to knock on it or not. Just when his hand was about to meet the wooden door, it retracted itself away. This process continued for about 3 minutes. 

On the other hand, Suho was watching the scene with amusement. He decided that it was time to show himself. He swoosh right next to Kris, a playful smile was on his lips, "So are you going to knock?" 

Kris gave Suho an annoyed look, "I keep thinking about what I will talk about with her." 

Suho raised an eyebrow, "Talk about you! Talk about Nayoung. Talk about your hateful vampire life! There is so much to talk about." 

Kris sighed, "Yeah, I could talk about that, but wouldn't she-"

"No, Naeun is extremely considerate, she would not care, now just talk to her," Suho encouraged. Without a second thought Suho knocked on Naeun's door. 

"Suho!" Kris said in a half whisper/half yell.

"She's different from Nayoung. I'm rooting for you Kris!" That was all Suho said before whisking away. 

Kris gulped and felt the nervousness arousing in him. 

It was a few seconds before Naeun opened the door. She was surprised to see Kris but greeted him with a smile anyways, "Oh hey Kris, what's up?" 

"Uh, I just wanted to . Uh. Talk." Kris felt relived after spitting out those words, "May I?" 

"Yeah of course," She opened the door wider and let him in. 

With slow steps he crept inside the room. He took a look around and noticed that it was clean and tidy. He figured by now the room would be in a total mess. "So what were you doing?" He was trying to make conversation. 

"I just studying and practicing my powers that's all. I'm still trying to adjust to all of this." Naeun said. She walked to her window seating and there laid many open books. She closed and cleared them from the seating. She gestured Kris to take a seat. 

Kris sat 2 feet away from her. 

"What did you to talk about? Wait. This isn't another evaluation, right?" Naeun said. 

"No. It's just a talk." Kris assured.

Naeun nodded and waited for him to continue. 

"You must be pretty shaken up about Nayoung, right?" 

Naeun happy expression suddenly became the opposite, "I'm curious." She then continued to look down at her fiddling hands. After some moments of utter silence, Naeun spoke. "Who is she?" 

Kris let out a deep sigh, "She was my first ever love." Somehow, he felt scared to expose those words to her. Yet, she already knew in the back of her mind. "And I was so obsessed with bringing her back or making sure she did come back, that it was all I could think about." 

"And that's why I'm here," Naeun said. 

Kris shamefully nodded. He wished that he could have approached her any other way. Kidnapping was not the best way to go in anyones perspective, "I'm sorry, if I could I wish I could have met you another way." 

As Kris spoke, she felt herself becoming more distant from him. His voice was getting quieter and quieter with each passing second. When she could no longer here his voice, that pain was back again. However, it was more painful than it was ever been. She grabbed her hair and pressed her hands against her head. She wanted to suppress the pain but it was too hard to bare. 

Before she knew it she was on the floor, curled into a ball. She could no longer hear Kris. She couldn't even hear her own screaming. All she could focus on was the agony she was suffering from. If it goes on any longer, her head might split in two. 

 

Naeun suddenly felt all the pain wash away. However, when she looked at her surroundings, she was no longer in her bedroom at the Wu Manor. She was somewhere else. 

She raised herself up. She noticed that she was standing in a cliff that was overlooking a city. Everything looked normal, but what caught her eye was the castle built on the far end on the city. Something about the castle was enticing. It emitted a strange vibe that made her want to move her feet to pursue it. Yet, she decided against it. 

"Welcome." 

Naeun turned around and was greeted by a women. She was flawessly pale with a dark orbs of brown eyes. Her hair was lavishly swaying behind her back as she walked towards Naeun. 

As the women approached, Naeun gulped down her saliva in fear. 

Where was she? 

Was it all a dream? 

Can she get out? 

When the women was close to enough, she observed Naeun's face carefully. Then her dark brown eyes widened in fear, "You're the one." 

Naeun looked at her in confusion. Before she could ask questions, the women grabbed her by the shoulders, "How did you get here? You are not suppose to be here. You need to get out of here. They will come find you!" 

There was a sound of rustling leaves and footsteps coming from behind. There was also the sound of yelling. The women turned around briefly and then looked back at Naeun. She grabbed her hand and dragged her along as she ran down the cliff. 

Naeun did not say anything as the women pulled her along. She had no idea what that women could do to her, but there was something that told her that she was a person that she could trust. 

The women hurriedly brought her through the city. They passes many houses and by passers on the street. They ran through many allies and street until they finally reached a wooden door at the end of an alley. The women opened the door and pushed urgently pushed Naeun inside. 

She locked the door behind her. 

The environment before Naeun looked rather cozy. There were two chairs in front of a burning fireplace. There was also a small kitchen where a middle aged bearded man stared at Naeun in confusion. 

"Frederick, can you please prepare us some tea?" The women said and brought Naeun to the open chairs. 

Once they were seated, the women started her questions, "How did you get here?" 

Naeun looked around the room, "Where am I? 

The women sighed, "You're in the underworld." 

"What?" Naeun eyes widened in fear. She frantically rose from the chair and walked around the room as if trying to figure out a way back. 

The women turned to Frederick as he placed the cups of tea on the coffee table. The man eyed the women suspiciously. The women grabbed his wrist and gave him a knowing look, "She's the one." 

The man's eyes grew and looked to Naeun. He hurriedly grabbed Naeun by the shoulders, "You need to sit back down so we can figure this out, we will help you." 

Naeun flinched when the man touched her. She looked at him with a glare, "Who are you?" 

The women rose, and reached for Naeun, "Please sit down first, we will try to figure everything out." 

There was something about the women's voice that made Naeun feel warm inside. She sighed in sat back down in the seat and looked to the man and the women, "Who are you?" 

The women gestured to the man, "This is Frederick." 

The man nodded and sat down on the floor next to the women, "And I am Yoonhee. We are humans who have passed to the underworld as punishment." 

"So you two are trapped here for eternity?" Naeun asked.

They both nodded, "Once we died, we are not sent to the human after life, but sent here." 

"Why were you punished?" 

"We were loyal to certain underworld creatures. Humans are allowed to make association with the underworld creatures, but to take an oath of devotion or to fall in love the creature ends in punishment. We are stuck as servant to the creatures in the underworld." After the women said her statement, she looked down to her palms. 

Naeun caught a glimpse of the pain in her eyes,"What creatures were you devoted to?" 

"The Vampire Masters." 

Naeun paused and stared at the two. 

"The creatures in the underworld have in undying hatred for the Vampire Masters." Frederick said. 

"Why?" 

"The Vampire Masters were the ones that created in uprising thousands of years ago against the unjust ruler of the underworld. They nearly destroyed this place and then left to live in the human world, a bunch of others left as well, mostly the vampires and werewolf breed. The remaining vampires and werewolves here are kept as prisoners or slaves. Or they work for the ruler. However, ever since the the ruler has become stronger, more vampires and werewolves are becoming loyal to him, crossing the border and seeking the human world." The women paused and looked at Naeun in the eyes.

"They are searching for you." 

 


hehe lol finally updated after 2 months. oops .I got an editor, yaminohime! Thank you for editing my ty mistakes on this story ^^ 

Thank You for reading!