016

The Vampire Masters

Naeun continued to walk in the woods aimlessly and uncontrollable. 

On the inside, her soul was begging to get out, wanting to push whoever was controlling her away. She couldn't handle it and screamed inside. She wondered was going on, she couldn't see anything but darkness. 

She began to concentrate. She thought about home, her mother. She thought about seeing her mother come back home after long work hours. She dearly missed her.

Within minutes, Naeun found light, she could see where she was. The woods. 

Even in the day, it was quite dark in the woods.

She looked around frantically, she didn't know where to go. 

She then heard a snap of a branch. She turned toward the sound, but nothing was there. 

"Naeun." 

"Hello? Yes?" Naeun looked around to see where the voice was coming from.

"Naeun." The voice was so close almost up to her ear. She looked around once again but nothing. 

Her heart beated faster. "Naeun." The voice spoke once again. It was a womens voice, sweet, soft, and soothing. 

"Naeun!?!" Someone else was calling her name, but it was no longer a women's voice. She recognized it. Baekhyun's.

"Hello? Baekhyun?" Naeun called out.

In a few seconds, Baekhyun came into sight, he let out a relieved sigh, "Naeun, there you are." 

Naeun also let out a relieved sigh, she ran to Baekhyun and enveloped him. She was so glad, someone found her. 

Baekhyun, on the other hand, was shocked by the sudden action, but complied by resting his arms on hers. 

Breaking away from the hug, Naeun looked at Baekhyun, "How did I get here? What happened to me, Baekhyun?" 

Baekhyun looked down at her. He saw the fear in her eyes, "Lets go back to the manor first." 

Naeun nodded. All she wanted was to have her questions answered. 

After arriving back at the manor, the only other vampire she saw was Kris. He seated himself on the sofa. 

Once he saw them enter, he quickly stood up and let out a relieved sigh. "Thank you, Baekhyun."

Baekhyun bowed to him slightly before leaving the room.

Once they were alone, Kris looked to Naeun. "Are you alright?" 

Naeun didn't answer, instead, she walked over to the sofa and sat down. She stared blankly ahead. 

Kris sat down beside her. He looked down at her hand and reached for her hand.

With the slightest touch, she retracted her hand.

This subtle movement made him feel pain. Of course, she would do that. She does not trust him at all. 

"Naeun-"

"Tell me. Tell me why I'm here. I want to know the truth." Naeun looked at Kris with pleading eyes. 

Kris continued to stare into her eyes. I'm sorry, Naeun.

SHe continued to wait and whipered, "Please, tell me."

Kris let out a sigh, "How much of the truth do you want?"

"All of it." 

"Naeun, you're special. You're very powerful. Everyone wants you." 

Naeun remained silent.

"Especially this other vampire clan. They want your powers. Their leader is very powerful, he's able to control your mind."

"How is he able to do that though?"

"I don't know but I know how you can prevent it." 

"How?" 

"Think about someone who you miss or love dearly. That blocks out the connection. The one thing he can't stand is love." 

Naeun tried to digest this, "But why am I here?" 

"Because this time, I believe that I am able to save you." Kris said staring intently into Naeun's eyes.

--

Naeun was overwhelmed. She believed there was more to the story than what Kris told her, but she excused herself before she could hear anymore. 

She hugged her knees tightly and stared out the tall window in her room. Why am I alive? I'm causing a problem that is causing a headache to everyone. 

Should I .... die? 

Maybe everything will go away if I do. Maybe I can born again as a different person. A normal person. 

A tear rolled down her cheeck. I should. 

She uncurled herself and opened the large window. Wind blew into her face. The cold night slowly filling her room.

She stepped on her window sill and closed her eyes. The cold night slowly ingulfing her. 

She looked down and gulped. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, inching herself to the edge. 

--

"APOLOGIZE!" Kris roared. 

Kai did not want to face Kris's wrath, and groaned, "Fine." 

He slowly made his way to Naeun's room, thinking about what he was going to say. Aish Kai! Just say sorry and then leave. Sorry and Leave. Sorry and Leave. Sorry and Leave. 

He made it to her door. He lightly tapped the door. Nothing. He knocked louder this time. Nothing. Is she sleeping?

He opened the door, slowly. He looked through the creek and saw a figure standing on the window sill. 

!

He opened the door and rushed to the window. 

Just before Naeun was about to fall to her death, she was pulled. 

Kai caught her in his arms.