028

The Vampire Masters

Stares. That's all Naeun received. Stares. In order to avoid those stares, the only place she looked were down at her shoes. Occasionally her eyes would travel to Luhan who would always be meeting her gaze. The two have not spoken ever since the night, Luhan believed someone was in her room. 

She stood beside Kris who was talking to people to which she did not know. It only made her feel more awkward when their eyes would land on her sometimes. Kris had told her to stay by his side the entire party. 

Then, descending down the staircase, was a man that somewhat resembled Kris. He looked more youthful than Kris. A smirk was plastered on his lips. 

Once he reached the bottom of the staircase, he was greeted by many. He then turned his head in the direction towards Naeun. Their eyes interlocked. 

Naeun felt a shiver run down her spine and broke the gaze. She diverted her eyes towards Kris who was glaring at the man. 

The man returned the glare with a smile and made his way towards them. 

"Brother, lovely meeting you here, and," The man's eyes landed on Naeun, "You brought a guest. Introduce me." 

Kris continued his hard stare on the younger male and placed his hand on the small of Naeun's back, "Naeun, this is my younger brother, E.den."

Naeun looked to E.den with surpirse. She did not know Kris had a younger brother. However, she did know much of the man for he never told things unless asked. She politely bowed and gave E.den a soft smile. 

E.den bowed as well and gave her a bigger smile, "You seem really surprised. Has my brother ever mentioned me?" 

Naeun shook her head and looked at Kris, who continued his hard glare on his brother. Something told her that Kris was not to fond of his brother.

 

Luhan and Lay stood by the staircase sipping on their fine "wine."

"So what exactly was in Naeun's room that night?" Lay asked.

Luhan's attention was directed towards Naeun, he barely heard Lay's question, "Something was in there."

"How can you be so sure? Are you sure it wasn't an excuse to be with Naeun? Lay lifted an eyebrow at him. He was well aware of Luhan's undying love for the girl.

Luhan gave him a blank stare, "If I wanted some alone time, I wouldn't have contacted Suho, hopefully he hasn't told Kris."

Lay nodded, he knew of Kris's little ban on Luhan.

Soon Kris's mother came down the staircase, "Hello you two."

Luhan and Lay respectedly bowed to the older woman.

"Where are my sons?" She asked.

Lay lifted his hand into the direction of Kris and his brother.

The woman nodded and headed her way towards them. She walked in elegant steps and stopped in front of Kris and E.den.

Naeun stared at the beautiful woman before her. She looked older than the two vampires before her but still youthful.

Kris an E.den bowed to the woman, "Hello mother."

Naeun gulped and looked at the woman who was already staring straight at her.

"You must be Naeun." The woman smiled and she looked even more stunning.

Naeun bowed 90 degrees, "Nice to meet you."

"If you would excuse me, I need to speak to my sons." The mother spoke.

Before Kris could protest, Naeun nodded before walking away. She did not know where to go, she only went the other direction. She met eyes with Luhan and her cheeks grew warm. She did not know the reason, maybe it was because he was the first to get intimate with her.

"Naeun," Lay called.

Naeun gulped and made her way towards the two vampires by the staircase. She gave the two a small smile and then directed her gaze towards her shoes once again.

"Are you nervous?" Lay asked.

Naeun hesitated to answer and her eyes traveled to different aspects of the house.

"Are you uncomfortable?" Lay questioned.

This Naeun answered, "It's just that people keep staring at me."

Lay and Luhan looked to each other in understanding. Even though Royal and Pure Bloods are able to control their thirst, there are times when they can lose control on a certain scent. Vampire will always be bloodsuckers, that's the truth.

With Naeun's scent being extremely distinctive, it would be hard for some vampires to control their thirst take it from the one who actually got to drink some.

 

Once again like all parties, Kai wandered away from them. They weren't his thing.

Suddenly his head started throbbing. It was that painful, it was bearable. After a few more seconds, the throbbing had became unbaerable for Kai. He fell to the ground gripping his head harshly. His eyes soon burned like hell.

"AHHHH!" He screamed and continued to grip his head. It felt like it could explode any minute.

"Kai." A soft voice called.

Kai could barely look up, but what he saw was once again his deceased love, Yoonhee.

"Kai, I have a message for you." Yoonhee spoke a soft whisper but it had a faint echo.

Soon the pain washed away and Kai stood to come face to face with his translucent love.

"Listen, please."

Kai stared at her, "What."

"You need to protect Naeun. The other one has already breached the surface. If you keep her alive, then our daughter will live."

Kai scoffed, "Our daughter is living a healthy lifestyle of human flesh, she doesn't need any saving." 

"You don't understand, even if she is a vampire she will die. Our daughter will die! Naeun can save her. Her blood is the cure."

Kai became speechless, "What? What are you talking about"

"Kai, she's a born human and vampire hybrid. The other one wants human and vampire hybrids because they are strong but short lived, easy to throw away once done. Hana was weak when she was born, her life will end soon, she's not strong enough. If you feed her Naeun's blood then she will live for eternity ...with you." Yoonhee said.

"I don't believe you, she was so strong when she turned." Kai said.

"Yes, that's the effect, but it is short lived, Kai, they know about her, they will take her use her for battle. You need to find her before they find he and keep her with you."

Before Kai could any more questions, she vanished into the air. "Why must everything be so difficult?"

 


hey hey, will you read this story? Please? :)

On the Run with Kim Jongin

 

Thank you for reading!