018

The Vampire Masters

A knock came upon, Naeun's door. Naeun lifted herself off the chair she was sitting on and opened the door. It was Lay. 

His face was hidden behind a book and he was wearing his specs. He was also carrying a bunch of books in his hands.

Naeun cocked her head, "Yes?" She was rather suprised that Lay was outside her door.

Lay momentarily seperated his eyes from the book and smiled, "Good morning, Naeun! Are you ready for your studies?" 

Naeun raised an eyebrow, "Studies?" 

"Yes, studies." Lay said and gestered towards his hand full of books. 

Naeun politely took the books out Lay's hand set them to a near tables. "Why do I have to study?"

"Well you are still an adolescent, your studies are very important." Lay sat down in a chair and motioned Naeun to come hit infront of him.

She grabbed the books and walked towards Lay, "Okay then. What will we be studying today?"

"Healing." Lay grabbed a book from the stack and flipped through it, "Now. What do you know about healing?" 

Naeun blinked, "It feels nice?" 

"Yes. What else?" He blinked at her.

She shrugged as an answer. 

Lay opened a book and read a flipped through a few pages. "Hmm... This book contains the many healing methods but it's made for witches and warlocks." He closed the book and searched through another one and another. "You know what, let me show you how I heal my pain. 

Naeun nodded and watched Lay. 

Lay sat still and closed his eyes. White lines of wind came around him. He was surrounded with white, he was practically glowing. 

After a few seconds, they were gone.

Naeun stared at Lay in awe. "What just happened?" 

"I healed myself. I said that a few seconds ago." Lay said. "But it takes time to heal that fast. Now in order to heal yourself ... you...uh... I don't know how to explain it." He lifted his glasses. 

"Do I need to think about something?" 

"Well, Ah! I got it. Concentrate on the pain you recieved, like you much it hurt, or how fast it came." 

"In order to get rid of my pain, I have to think about it?" 

Lay nodded.

"Fun." 

"Want to try it?" Lay held a his hands.

Naeun panicked, "What? What do you mean try it? Do I have to hurt myself?"

"Yes. But how else are you going to learn?" 

"But-"

"Or... Do you have any cuts on your arms or anywhere?" 

Naeun thought for a while. She searched her arms and then her legs. She saw a scrape on her knee. It must have been from a few nights ago when Kai saved her. She pointed to her scrape.

"Ok. Now about the pain." 

Naeun closed her eyes. She doubted that she would be able to do it but she tried. Thinking of the pain wasn't too hard. She remembered how she got it but her thoughts while getting it were not easy to find. 

After a few minutes she felt relief on her knee. She opened her eyes. Her knee was healed the scrape was no longer there. 

Lay furrowed his eyebrows, "That's quite interesting. Faster than last time..." His voice trailed off. "Naeun?" 

Naeun looked at him.

"Do you... remember us?" Lay questioned. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Do we look familiar to you?" Lay's eyebrows were still furrowed. 

Naeun thought that was a strange question, but no they don't look familiar to her. When she first saw them, they were just new faces she never seen. "No. Why do you ask?" 

Lay shook his head, "Never mind." But this bothered him.

--

Lay was in Kris's lair. 

"It's weird... She doesn't remember us, or how we look like. We're completly foreign to her. Usually in the past years whenever she came back to life, she would remember us or have a brief familiarity. But no knowledge... that's strange." Lay said.

Kris paced back and forth. 

Suddenly a loud bang came from his winow. A firgure stood at the still.

Kris growled, "E.den, what are you doing here?" 

E.den smirked and walked into the room, "Just came here to see my big brother that's all." He sniffed the air, "You know, her blood is very strong. I'm suprised none of you went crazy yet." 

"What are you doing here?" Kris asked again. 

"Well I came here to get a taste of her blood, it's making me crazy." E.den replied.

"Well you can't. Now leave." 

"Ok, I'm joking that's not why I came here. The clan leader is gathering an army. Hundreds, thousands, even millions of underworlders. He's not going to stop this time. Kris, you need her to transform. The world would be in total chaos. It's the only way he can be gone forever and the only way she can survive." E.den said.

"I can't do that." Kris spoke barely above a whisper.

E.den suddenly raised his voice, "Look, can you just get over your undying love for her for just one second and think about the rest of the world! You can't try to save her again. She's going to die, again and again. And soon she will never be able to come back to life because the world will be gone!" 

Kris looked the other direction. 

"Don't be selfish, Kris. Think about her. Think about your clan. Think about the world. You don't have much time left, you better think fast." E.den then vanished. 

How was he suppose to save the world, when the only thing in his world was Naeun?


I'm really bad at updating, I'm sorry. I'm going to try better this year. I hope! Please belive in me! :)