031

The Vampire Masters

Kai observed the unconscious figure before him. He looked at with disgust. He also carried an annoyed expression with him because it was his turn to watch her.

"Kai."

Kai stood up and turned around once again faced to face with his deceased love, "Well Yoonhee, you've been appearing more than the usual, what's up?"

"Kai, did you forget about Hana? She needs Naeun's blood then she can live." Yoonhee said.

"No, I did not forget about our daughter, I just need to come up with a scheme? Now why is it that you keep appearing. It's really hard to move on when you appear before me and talk to me like this."

Yoonhee looked down to her toes. Even if she is transparent, Kai could still all her flaws and perfections.

"It's like you're still alive." Kai said, then his eyes turned dark, "But you're not."

"Kai, I come to you to relay messages that I see before hand."

Before Kai could reply he heard a groan. He turned around to the figure, "Oh great, you're awake."

"It's a pleasure to wake up to the sound of your irritated voice." Nayoung said as she rolled her neck around, "I'm thirsty."

Kai walked out of the basement room, "Too bad."

"Where's my little Naeun? I want to have a little talk with her." Nayoung stretched her arms and rolled her head.

"I'll get you your blood." Kai closed the door to the basement. He was met with the sound of laughter and the scent of pasta. He walked into the kitchen and saw the smiles of Naeun and D.O.

He rolled his eyes in disgust at the sight. He walked past D.O and opened the refrigerator. He took a bottle of blood and set it on the table with a bang.

Naeun flinched. The room went silent. The only sound could be heard was the pouring of the blood into a glass cup. Kai closed up the bottle of blood and put it back into the fridge, "Continue on with your fun." He left the room.

He came to the door and opened it. He strutted inside and slammed the glass on the ground in front of Nayoung.

"Are you always in a bad mood?" Nayoung asked and slowly crept for the glass.

Before she could reach it, Kai used his foot and moved the glass further away from her, "I'm just in a bad mood, because I'm duty."

Nayoung scoffed, " duty? So creative." She said, "If I had enough energy I would kill you, but I won't because I like you the most." She winked and reached for the glass.

This time, Kai did not kick it away from her. He only watched at she gulped down the glass, "Whoa jumping from guy to guy. First Kris, then Luhan, now me? Better slow down."

"Tch. They eventually fall for me. Just like Luhan and Kris." She wiped the blood from her lips.

"I can't see what they saw in you. You're a ."

"Your words don't hurt me. I know I'm a buts that's because a little replica of me came to take my place. Now it's basically all about her and protecting her." Nayoung's voice was filled with jealously.

"Do you still love them?" Kai asked.

"When you fall for someone hard. It's hard to stop." Nayoung let out a pathetic laugh.

"Who did you love the most?"

"I loved Luhan the most even though I loved Kris first. I can see it happen with Naeun as well. She's starting to feel something for Kris, but Luhan came into the picture."

"How did you fall in love them?"

"Why are you so interested in my love life?"

" Duty, remember?"

Nayoung let out a chuckle, "Well, it's a long story."

Kai slid down the the wall and sat in front of Nayoung, "Tell. I want to know how you became a ."

 

"1000 years ago. I was a young fragile girl of a mere age of 16. I was the daughter of an artisan sword maker. One of the best in town. I always helped out my father during work days. Then one day, my father had asked me to manage the store while he went out to look for supplies with my 1st older brother. My 2nd oldest brother was with me. Someone came into the shop. He was one of the most beautiful person I have ever seen. I couldn't stop staring at him. 

' I'm looking for a sword, ' he said.  I only nodded to him and went to the back and searched for the best sword made by my father. With care I held it in both hands and walked to the front. 

' This is one of best swords my father has made, ' I said and handed it to him to try. The moments are hands touched, I felt his cold hands. They were so cold, I couldn't believe it, so I said, ' you're hands are so cold. '

He simply nodded and replied with, ' I know. '

Now, it was winter. I figured he was out in the cold all day so I offered him tea before he would leave and for him to sit by the fireplace for a while.

We sat and talked. Kris wasn't always so mean. He was nice, a real gentlemen.  Before I knew It, I fell in love with him.

Soon everyday from the day we met, he came to my father's shop. He made excuses to see me, saying he wanted weapons for his friends, or asked for repairs. My father caught on to this and accepted him. We got married and I moved with him to his manor.

That's when he told me who he was, what he was, a vampire. In that manor lived the other Vampire Maters, there were 10 of them.  They never introduced themselves to me all at once, whenever I ran into them, I was introduced. Luhan was the last ones I met. He was a quiet man, who liked to keep to himself. I wondered about him.

Soon I met him places like the library or the attic at night. He would rarely talk, I was the one doing most of the talking.

One night in the attic, he kissed me. It was unexpected but somehow I kissed him back. He told me that he was in love with that night and I realized that I was in love with him too. 

I know it was awful to love another man when you're already with someone else. But I never stopped loving Kris. I couldn't. He was too precious to give up. So I did the worse, I had both at the same time.

Kris never found out about this. I kept it with me until the day I died. While Luhan remained the same quiet reserved person he was. But this time it's different. Their obsession with me has gone too far." Nayoung rested her head against the brick wall and stared into nothing.

Kai watched her and waited for her to continue. The only thing that was returned was the remaining silence that hung over them.

"Typical love story affair," Nayoung added.

"What do you know you've been dead for a thousand years." Kai said and stood up. He brushed any particles of dust from his clothing.

Nayoung smirked, "It's the love story of the millennia. Don't you think?" 

Kai didn't say another word before walking out and locking the door behind him. He shoved his hands in his pocket and sauntered up the steps. He replayed Nayoung's story in the back of his head. It was typical love affair just like she said. But what was the affect does it have on making Naeun one of the most powerful beings on the planet?  

It was a mystery.

 


 

 

Looking for an editor!! So if anyone is willing to correct all of my horrible mistakes please contact me! I would really appreciate it! Thank you!