033

The Vampire Masters

"Why won't you wake up?" Kris yelled in frustration. He grabbed Naeun's blankets from the bed the furiously threw it to the ground. He heaved heavy breaths and placed both hands on his hips. He was calming himself down. 

He closed his eyes and let all his angry emotions escape. 

"Naeun," He kneeled before her and grabbed her hands. He felt her warmth, the blood running through her veins. He watched her breathe quietly as he moved strands of hair from her face. The color still remained on her face, yet she still looked so pale. 

If she were to turn into a vampire, Kris would miss her warmth. That was one thing he wished to have. Warmth. 

Naeun's door was cracked open by someone. Kris's eyes darted to the door. 

A figure was emerging and his eyes grew by the sight of Naeun. He looked to Kris then to Naeun. 

"Luhan," Kris called in desperation. 

Luhan immediately rushed to the side of Naeun. He was going to yell of Kris but decided against it.  He stared at Naeun's helpless body. 

He grabbed Naeun's hand and closed his eyes. He tried to get through to her dreams, but they were clouded. He tried again, this time he added more concentration., "I can't see her dreams, it must be something else, get Baekhyun." 

Kris called Baekyun, who appeared within seconds. 

Baekhyun was bombarded with thoughts from Kris and Luhan. He closed his eyes to concentrate on Naeun's thoughts. He neared Naeun's unconscious body and tried to narrow in on her thoughts. He couldn't get anything. It was blocked. He looked to Kris with hopelessness. 

Kris let out a frustrated breath. He abruptly stood up and placed his hands on his waist. 

At the doorway, Kai stood. He cleared his throat to get his elders attention

"What is it, Kai?" Kris said. 

"It's Nayoung, she knows what happened to Naeun."

 

Kris stood in front of Nayoung, who carried a playful smirk. 

"Glad you could make it," Nayoung said. He fingers fiddled with the empty glass next to her. 

"What is it that happened to Naeun." Kris asked abupbtly. 

Nayoung sighed, "She's in the underworld." 

Kris's eyes widened. He couldn't believe it, that was the place where he wanted her to stay away from the most. In a sudden motion, he grabbed Nayoung by her neck. He glared deep holes into her, "What did you do?" 

Nayoung struggled under his grip, "I-I didn't - Kris- Not me." 

Kris tightened his grip even more, "Tell the truth!" 

"I-I am," Nayoung managed to force out those words. 

Kris gave her one more hateful glance before letting her go. 

Nayoung collapsed to the ground and coughed. "You have to wait, she will eventually come back."

"Why are you so sure?" 

"Because," she looked passed Kris to Kai, who was leaning against the far wall of the cell, "His deceased girlfriend does it all the time."

 

"Say Yoonhee, don't you know how to go to the human world?" Frederick asked as he sipped his tea. 

Yoonhee cleared , "Yes, I was just thinking about that but a specific potion has to be made in order for me to do that, but the supplies have been limited, I have some of the ingredients in days."

Naeun looked to Yoonhee in surprise, "You know how to go the human world?" 

"Yes, but not completely, after all I am dead. My spirit goes there. I don't go often, I-" 

"What are you talking about?" Frederick has interrupted, "You go there all the time to see him. You leave him messages and you even have a conversation with him." 

"Frederick, I just do that to check on him, but he's too stubborn to listen to me." Yoonhee sighed and crossed her arms. 

Naeun looked at Yoonhee with curiousity, "Who do you go see when you do go?" 

Yoonhee diverted her attention to Naeun, "Kai." 

Naeun blinked at the woman. She wondered what connection she had with him. Kai seemed like the person to interact with people as little as possible. Or maybe that was just Naeun's interpretation because she always wanted to avoid Kai as much as possible. 

"Anyways in order to do that I would have to travel great miles just to find what I need, it's going to be a while. And someone must have sensed you were here already." Yoonhee started to ramble her quickly and she was losing her breath wth every word she spoke. 

Frederick came to her and rested his hands on her shoulder, trying to calm her down. "Please, try to stay calm." 

Yoonhee let out deep breaths and calmed herself down. She looked to Naeun, "I will try to go out tonight and find the supplies. For now, you stay here and Frederick will look after you. I will try to come back as quickly as I can." Yoonhee started to throw on her coat and pack her bags. 

"Yoonhee, maybe I should do it," Frederick said. 

"No I will. I now exactly where all the ingredients are. No one will come after me anyways. You need to stay here and look after her." Once she finished getting her things settled, she placed a hand on Naeun's shoulder, "I will be back as quickly as I can. Just sit right here." 

Naeun nodded, "Be careful." 

Yoonhee smiled, "I will." Then she walked out the door. 

 

"Continue," Kris said. 

"Well his girlfriend usually collects these ingredients and she mixes them up together to create a potion. She throws it in the air and it creates this portal she crosses it and BAM! She's here. But since she's already dead her spirit comes. However, if Naeun were to go to through that portal there is a possibility that she will come back." Nayoung said. 

Kris let out a frustrated sigh, "Well I just hope Kai's dead girlfriend finds Naeun and creates that potion." 

After Kris spoke the last word and translucent figure appeared. 

"Kai!" 

Kai eyes widened, "Yoonhee." 

Yoonhee's eyes found Kris, "Kris, I found Naeun. She's safe for now. I have created a potion. I just need to get it to her. I came here to talk to you about this because I knew you guys will be worried." 

"Do you have any sort of idea of how she got there?" Kris asked. 

Yoonhee shook her head, "No, but I was thinking that the lord must have summoned her, but in order to do that he needed another receptor who was in the human world." 

Kris immediately turned to Nayoung, who carried a devilish smile. "Well I guess that game is over." She stood up as if she was not weak at all. She dusted off her clothes and gave a smirk to Kris, "I will give Naeun back once every once of blood in her body is drained. And we'll get to see if she will actually survive." 

Then Yoonhee let out a loud grunt. Kai turned to her and saw a knife stabbed into her stomach, "Yoonhee!" 

Before Kris could lunge at Nayoung, she had already disappeared.