023

The Vampire Masters

Kris observed Naeun as she handled the paper clip. He expected her to use a different object, like a hairbrush. 

Naeun took a deep breath and lifted her right hand. Her hand slowly flicked up. However, the paper clip flew too high and too fast. 

Kris frowned, "Is Luhan even teaching you?"

Naeun pouted, no he hasn't. "I'm just having a hard time with telekinesis, that's all."

Kris let out a sigh, "Very well, but the next time I check, I hope to see improvement." 

Naeun nodded in understanding, "Yes. Will do."

Kris rose and left her room. Naeun let out a sigh.What am I suppose to do? 

She turned her head and saw books sitting at her bedside, "I should return those.... Ah maybe there's book on telekinesis!" She grabbed the arms in her arm and hurried to the manor's library.

She carefully opened the door. She quietly crepted inside. She heard soft whisperings come from a corner. Should she leave and come back later? 

Suddenly someone cleared his throat and came into view. It was Baekhyun followed by Chanyeol. 

Baekhyun smiled at her, "Hello Naeun!" 

Naeun smiled back and greeted both of them, "Hello." 

"What brings you here?" Chanyeol asked and neared her. 

She gestured towards the books in her hand, "I was going to return these book Lay brought for me, and look for books on telekinesis." 

"Let us help you with that." Chanyeol hurried and lifted the books from her arms. He set them down on a near table. 

"Thank you." She said and dusted off her hands. 

She wandered around the library. She wondered how many books were in this very room. 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol placed the books in their proper place on the shelves. 

Naeun looked from book to book hoping to find one book on telekinesis. "Where would books on telekinesis be?" 

Baekhyun walked and stood beside her, "Has Luhan not been teaching you?" 

No... oh wait, dang it he can read my mind, no point in lying now. Naeun looked down. 

Baekhyun frowned, "Why hasn't Luhan been teaching you?" 

Naeun became flustered and fumbled with her words. She became careful of her thoughts as well, "I- he- I- uh," she let out a sigh. She looked down to her toes.

Baekhyun placed a hand on her shoulder forcing her to look up at him, "Should I go talk to him?" 

Naeun shook her head, "No no, I can learn by myself, it can't be that hard."

Baekhyun sighed, "Telekinesis is not easy to learn, you need proper training in order to get the grasp of it. Books aren't going to cut it." 

Naeun looked disappointed. To be honest she did not want to face Luhan again. "Where are the books?" I don't want see Luhan right now. 

Baekhyun didn't not want to say anymore and gestured her to follow him. He headed to the back, and through endless shelves of books. He finally stopped. He pulled out a book, "This is the only book we have on telekinesis." 

Naeun eyes widened in disbelief, "Only one book?" 

Baekhyun nodded, "Yes, like I said it's not easy to learn, it will only get harder from now on." 

Naeun pouted and took the book from Baekhyun, the title read: Telekinesis, the in's and out's written by Luhan. 

She looked at Baekhyun with surprise, "Luhan wrote this?" 

Baekhyun nodded, "Yes and this is the only book he wrote." 

Naeun looked through the book and suddenly a question itched through her mind, "Baekhyun?" 

He turned to her, "Yes?" 

"Why am I suddenly getting these powers now? Why didn't I get them when I was younger? It's been on my mind for quite a while now." Naeun asked. 

Baekhyun gave her sympathetic smile, "You might want to ask Kris about that." 

But Kris scares me.... Naeun thought. 

Baekhyun stifled a laugh, "Just a little bit but he won't bite, he's the nicest when he's with you." 

 

Naeun hugged the book in her arms and stood in front of Kris's door. Just knock, Naeun. 

She counted, 1. 2.... 3.

She lightly knocked on the door. 

She heard a strong voice faintly call from behind the door, "Come in." (Du du du du du.... I was thinking of overdose. Lol. Otl.)

Naeun placed her hand on the knob and slowly crept in. She gave Kris a smile and walked further into his enormous lair. 

"What is it?" Kris was leaning back in chair holding a glass of red liquid. 

Naeun frowned at the glass. What is that? Wine? Punch? 

"Are you going to come sit or just stand there?" Kris asked and placed the glass on the coffee table in front of him.

Naeun brought her gaze back to Kris, "Oh um, I wanted to talk to you about something." She stood at least 10 ft away from him. 

Kris gestured her towards him, "Okay, sit." 

Naeun nervously went to the chair in front of him. 

Kris eyed the book in her hands, "What's the book in your hand?" 

"It's a book on telekinesis I got it since you said I needed improvement." She sheepishly smiled. 

"Is Luhan's teaching not enough?" Kris asked.

Naeun became flustered, "No, it's just that I find it quite difficult, that's all." 

"Okay then." Kris noticed something off but decided not to push it, "what did you want to talk about?" 

Naeun awkwardly grabbed the back of her neck, "Well, I wanted to talk about my... powers?" 

Kris raised an eyebrow at her. 

"Why did I get them so suddenly? Why didn't I get them when I was younger?" Naeun asked.

Kris was quiet for a moment. He was trying to gather his thoughts. "Well to make it simple, we vampire masters ignited it."

"Huh?" Naeun was confused by what he meant. 

"We possess powers, we are one of the few who do have powers. You are very special. Because you don't simply acquire just one power. You acquired all our powers combined. The moment you entered this manor, you had powers. You absorbed them. You absorb all the powers, that what's makes you so powerful."

Naeun remained quiet and absorbed all the information she could. She absorbs power. 

"So I guess you could say your master power is absorbing power. But you must be very careful. Training is very important. You must learn to control all the powers within you. You are the most powerful vampire in existence." 

Naeun frowned, vampire? "I'm not a vampire, I'm a human." 

Kris pierced his eyes at her, "No you're not human, you're a vampire who hasn't turned." 

Naeun blinked her eyes in disbelief, no. She can't be. Who are her real parents? Who is she? Why are there so many secrets? She felt her head was close to exploding. She lowered her head down to her knees. The headache was growing. She groaned loudly. 

Kris jumped to his feet and immediately went to Naeun, "What's wrong." 

"My head feels like it's about to explode!" She yelled. 

Kris eyes widened, "Naeun, think about your mom! Do it now! Think!" He kneeled down beside her. His hands grabbed hers. It's been a week since the last attack happened.

"Naeun, Come on, think." Kris said. 

Naeun could hear his voice but it was faint. She could barely make out what he was saying. What was happening? Was this the same as last time? 

Mom. Mom. Think about her. She slowly felt the pain submerging away. She blinked at my surroundings. She was in Kris's room. She saw him kneeling in front of her, his hands holding her's. 

"Naeun?" He called. His voice was calm. 

She met his eyes. They were filled with worry and concern.

"Are you okay?" Kris asked. 

She nodded her head slowly.

 

 

 

Somewhere in another world. 

"God Damn it! Why did it suddenly fail!" Yelled a powerful being. He clutched his glass of blood so hard it broke in his hands. However, he did not feel pain in his hands. He was overwhelmed with anger. 

A young and beautiful lady came beside him, "Do you really think you'll be able to control her when's she surrounded by those Vampire Masters?"

He clenched his fist, "Those god damn vampires always get in the way of my plan!" 

The young lady lightly touched his arm and caressed it, "But you have me now." 

He turned to her and his anger left immediately. He her cheek, "Yes and this time it will work." He let out a sinister laugh.

The world rumbled with thunder. 


guys the poll surprised me a little bit, Kris and Luhan are leading. But in my other poll Kai is leading... I'm actually quite surprised that only one person voted for D.O :( he's so cute! Anyways thank you for reading! 

Comment and upvote! 

Thanks upvoters!