NEW FOUND FRIEND

CHASING DREAMS

CHAPTER 2: NEW FOUND FRIEND

 
 
[Dara’s Diary]
 
Day 1:
 
Hi… I really don’t know how to start writing in a diary… (So forgive me if I’ll sound awkward…) kekeke ^^. …Well, let me just start by introducing myself 
 
I am Sandara Park… a 27 year old girl who lives a block away from where I got you… There’s nothing special about me, really… I’m just an ordinary girl, with an ordinary dream…, living a complicated life… 
 
I and my brother grew up in the Philippines, but we migrated here 3 years ago… After being cheated on by this boy, Sephie, whom I loved so much for four years…, I got so depressed… I couldn’t believe he did that to me…..
 
 Our relationship was perfect----everyone admired the both of us for overcoming every obstacle that comes our way…, until it happened… He had his first job… Got a new environment, got surrounded by new peers, and had received a bunch of money… Well, I guess he wasn’t able to fight the temptation… that’s why he gave in… He cheated on me with his officemate which I didn’t believe at first, so I continued to work it out… But eventually, his friends told me that the girl got pregnant…….. So I have no choice…, but to let go…
 
I couldn’t handle the pain anymore----I didn’t want to neither eat… nor sleep… or even get out of my room… So my brother decided to leave the Philippines and pursue his dream here in Korea… that helped me start a new life...
 
But I guess, love isn’t that kind to me… Fate brought me this adorable man whom I thought will help me forget everything that happened back in the Philippines… He was kind and a pretty boy too…, the sweetest guy I have met here… He even looks like he will never do anything to harm me…, but I was wrong… He did the exact same thing Sephie did to me…
 
That is why I decided to buy you… ^^, A friend of mine just told me that it’s nice to have a diary… To let everything out.. you know…, like an outlet for every pain, sadness and eventually.., happiness that I will be feeling… Anyway, I was thinking…, should I give you a name since I’ll be writing to you…? That seems exciting!! (you’ll be like my best-est friend!!! ^^.)
 
*ughhh… I’m sorry. I couldn’t think of any cute name right now.., maybe later... when my mind clears up……………….. Anyway,
 
…I wanna tell you how I got you…
 
 
[~Flashback~]
 
 
 
With hands at her back, earphones plugged in her ears, and a bowed head, Dara started walking on the side of the street on her way home... Her beautiful eyes twinkled when she saw this new store…., you’ll see nothing but pink everywhere! From pink fluffy bears………, to the smallest pink sparkly pins, they all have it.
 
Dara, (being a person who loves pink more than anyone she knows) seemed to be in love with what she saw. Its like, some good energy was pulling her towards it… So she went inside... And her eyes immediately got glued to this furry diary with a pink lock and a heart-shaped key studded with pink diamonds in it….. Her eyes seemed to be bedazzled on it that she didn’t notice someone in front of her talked.
 
“Hi! Do you want that?” the girl with a cute outfit smiled, looking at Dara who now seemed confused….
 
“Uhmmm… excuse me?” Dara removed her earphones and looked at the girl, “I’m sorry I didn’t catch that… What did you say?” Suddenly, Dara’s attention got caught by the girl’s outfit… she’s wearing a white dress with a pink apron and a headdress that matches everything…, that seems to be, a fictional character had come to life…
 
“I said…….., do you want the diary? You can have that for free, you know…” the girl smiled. The beam of sunlight catches her face perfectly, like an angel. She has this look that makes people feel lighter no matter what their burdens may be…
 
“Really? B-but why? I mean, I know this is expensive!! Besides, it’s the store’s grand opening day…, isn’t it? And you’re giving this to me…, FOR FREE? I don’t mind paying for it, really…, it’s fine. How much is this?” Dara replied while rummaging into her bag for her wallet.
 
“Eeeexactly… It’s our opening day… and, I’ve been standing in front of the store since, what? 9am…? But what time is it now? Its past lunch already, dear! You’re the first person to come inside the store and it seems, you attracted people to come here, too.  Look around! See for yourself… Girl…, I think that’s what you call luck!!” the girl winked, giving a cute, warm smile while putting the diary in a package.
 
“Here you go…! That’s why you’ll get this for free! Coz you’re my lucky charm! I think…. you also have a lot to write in this too… I’ve just noticed…, you seem sad.. I know you need someone, or something to pour that all out. And this is a good outlet for every feeling, you know…” she smiled sweetly.
“Well…, okay… if you insist, what else can I do, right? ……….CL?” Dara laughed, while reading her name from the pin attached to her apron.
 
“Oh, OH! Hahahaha… I’m so sorry! How rude of me! I forgot to introduce myself… My name is Chae Rin, what’s yours dear?” CL chuckled, giving out her hand, gesturing a hand shake.
 
“I’m Sandara Park. But you can call me Dara… by the way, thanks for this diary! I’ll write on this as soon as I have time… anyway, this is a small village. So I happen to know or at least recognize people who live here… but, your face seemed new to me…” Dara said, looking innocent and sweet.
 
“Yes-yes… As you can see, it’s not the store that’s only new here… it’s me as well. Haha. Maybe, you can tour me on your ‘town’…? If you’re not busy….? I can tell you a lot of stories from where I came from and maybe…, just maybe, you can tell me…………. why you’re frowning? Only if that’s okay with you………? ” CL asked.
 
Dara got surprised… no one has ever noticed how she feels before… and she never felt this comfortable with another person before either… She doesn’t know why, but CL has this aura that makes her feel that they’ve been friends for a long time already…
 
“Sure… sure! Let’s hang out soon… Well, I guess you have to give me your number first…, So I can text you whenever I’m free… okay?”
 
“That’ll be great!! You’ve made my day less tiring! Okay… Here’s my number….” CL grabbed Dara’s package and wrote her number there…
 
Dara looked at her watch, and pouted “Well, I have to run now… there’s an important business I still have to attend to… It was nice meeting you, by the way, CL! I hope we can hang out soon!” Dara hurriedly reached for the door and went outside. 
 
“Don’t forget to text me Dara dear….. okay? And…, whatever it is that’s been bothering you.., I know it’ll eventually be alright…” CL waved, flashing her sweet smile.  
 
[~End of Flashback~]
 
 
 
I still wanted to talk to her, but I couldn’t… So I ran home, got dressed and rode my bike to the school campus.
 
Tsssssssssssssssss… I can’t believe, I got called by the dean ‘coz my brother’s in trouble!!!
 
He’s never been in trouble before……….. Actually, my brother is a bright kid…, full of talent and potential…, that’s why he got accepted immediately in the most talked about school for music, here in Korea. But where the hell is he by the way?? I came looking for him but I couldn’t seem to find him. I tried calling his cell but he’s not answering…
 
And that’s how I ended up writing here in front of the dean’s office… I decided to just wait for him here……  
 
Ughhh…what if he had done something really bad?? Will they expel him?? I hope the dean will give him another chance… *sigh..*
 
Okay… I have to be brave and just go inside without him. I’ll get back to writing to you later, and maybe… come up with a name for you, is that alright?
 
P.S. I enjoyed writing to you… I felt my sadness subsided… Even though I got stuck in this bad situation, I’m still glad that I’ve come to meet you and a good person like CL. I hope we can be good friends!!
 
Xoxo................
 
-Dara-