IT'S BETTER TO BE LATE THAN TO NEVER GIVE HER BUTTERFLIES

CHASING DREAMS

CHAPTER 32: IT’S BETTER TO BE LATE THAN TO NEVER GIVE HER BUTTERFLIES

Dara just got home from work. She washed, wore her dress robes and went downstairs to cook dinner. She wrote something on a post-it paper and sticks it on the fridge, securing it with a rabbit magnet…

To Ri-Ri and Bom-tori:

                I cooked kimchi rice today for dinner. It’s on the table in case you missed seeing it there. Save some for me…

P.S. Don’t disturb me okay? I need some time for myself and tam-tami. That means – no knocking, no playing of TOP songs, no noises! And, before I forget… Minji texted. She said she’ll be sleeping over tonight!

Ssan-Tokki. ^^

Dara went upstairs, locked the door and grabbed tam-tami from her shelf. She sat comfortably on her bed, turned her laptop on, and played an acoustic music sung by her favourite Filipino artist, M.Y.M.P. She started opening her diary…

She smiled. Finally! I can write to you again tam-tami! She told herself as she unlocked her diary using the heart key that she used as a pendant for her necklace. As she opened the diary, a neatly-folded, green paper fell on her lap… She opened the note and read:

To my dearest tam-tami

It’s been already 3 days since Tokki’s birthday, but she still isn’t telling us why she lied on going to work that day! Dr Psy clearly told us that she never went to the hospital! It is even clearer to me that she is keeping something from me and Chae-Chae! Isn’t she bad Tam-Tam?? She’s been doing this to her own cousin?? I have a request to make… Please. Please tell her that it is not good to do this to her best friend and her cousin! I’m her unni, you know!! She better tell it to me, because there’s no secret that I can’t discover! She knows that!! Tell her that okay?

P.S.

CL and I are going to shop for some girly stuff today! We saw a ‘new arrival’ sign at a shoe store yesterday! If she still cares for me and her ‘CL-roo’ she’ll come and spend time with us! You’re not the only one who misses our dear Tokki! We miss her more! (Sorry for being harsh. We just think that she already forgot about us… TT.TT) I know you understand us Tam-tami… Please let her know that we’ll be waiting for her text as soon as you inform her about what I told you. Thanks in advance for letting us be with her today! Saranghae Tam!!

Xoxo,

Sweet and loving… Bommie ^-^

Oh, Bommie! She chuckled. She grabbed her phone and texted CL that she’ll be there as soon as she finishes writing to Tam-Tami. She then started writing…

Dear Tam-Tami,

So let’s get straight to what’s bothering me the whole week, shall we? (I’m sorry about Bommie by the way, she’s always like that. Actually, she’s worse if you’ll get to know her a little bit longer! Haha. Just kidding. ^^)

Anyway, so remember about Jiyongie – the guy I was telling you about? He already told me that he likes me!! And I accidentally told him that I liked him too! Actually, I was the first one to confess my feelings for him. I just thought he was asleep that time that’s why I thought he wouldn’t hear it… But the contrary happened, and he heard it!

He was driving Bom’s car that day, when I told him everything that happened. He just nodded and listened. He never asked anything. All I got from him was, “Uhh…” and “Ye, I remember that.” And “Hmmm…” And “I see.” – That’s all! Three days have gone and I haven’t even heard anything from him! He sent me my clothes a day ago, but it was just my clothes --- no note, nothing special! Yes, this is not me anymore! (In case you are wondering) I just told you that I’m not ready for a relationship, but I’m acting the opposite! I don’t know why I am expecting something to happen, but I just am!! Oh Tam-Tami! Help me figure out what to do!! I’m avoiding and preventing myself to feel this, but I actually miss that pretty boy! What am I going to do? I can’t seem to control my emotions anymore!!

Hmmm… Has he lost interest in me? Am I that boring?? Or has he changed his mind?? I’m still confused right now! After telling me that he wants me, after making my heart fly as high as the clouds… he just disappeared like that? I think I should stop this illusion as it might just get me another heartache! I should STOP caring about him anymore before my feelings could get deeper! I should focus on work, friends and family! YES!! That’s what I should do now… and I should start by getting ready to go to the mall and be with my girls. Right Tami baby? ^^

I love you Tam-Tami! Please don’t think that I’ve forgotten you… I just don’t have time to write to you daily… Mianhe! TT.TT

Love,

Dara

~*---*~

“I can see that you’re already having fun without me..” Dara pouted as soon as she went near the two girls standing outside the shoe store, laughing together. She looked at Bom, and she is wearing her usual super-mini-dress and rubber shoes with wings on it. She was holding 3 paper bags on each hand! CL-roo is wearing a loose pants and a plain shirt with a blue blazer on top, but her shoes are fabulous – White high-heeled pumps! She’s holding 4 paper bags on her right hand, and 3 on her left. They smiled at her, CL spreading her arms, waiting for Dara to hug her!

“No dear! We’re just uhmm… as gym instructors say, ‘warming up!’ We’ve been waiting for you! Here! A late birthday present from moi!” CL uttered as she beamed and handed Dara 2 paper bags – A big pink one, and a yellow medium sized one.

“Aww.. You don’t need to --- wow!!” Dara uttered as she peeped through the pink one and saw… a teddy bear! “Seriously, you shouldn’t have---“

“Oh. No big! I’ll take that as your way of saying thank you, kays? Birthday celebration isn’t over yet! Bom…?” CL glanced at Bom and Bom lifted her right arm…

“Even if you’re keeping secrets from us, *pouts* I still got you 3 presents! It’s cheap, but…. I hope you’ll like it!”

“Bommie! *grins* Saranghae!” Dara said as she placed her hands above her head, and formed a heart! “You must miss me that much huh? Haha…”

“Yeah yeah. Stop being cheesy already!” Bom pouted as she opened the big black paper bag for Dara.

“What’s this? ~Omo!” Dara smiled as she lifted a dress with butterfly prints all over it! She beamed even more!

“You don’t have a dress yet, so I bought this for you! And it has your favourite creature painted on it!” Bom uttered, proud of the dress she picked.

“Thanks! Super thanks!!” Dara beamed as all of them stood up and continued strolling inside the mall. CL and Bom continued to shop for dresses and shoes, while Dara is just smiling, happy to see the girls, satisfied that she finally has time to spend today with them. She suddenly heard her phone ring…

~Jibe Kajima baby!♪♫♪

“Yeobusseo?”

“Where are you now?”

“Gummy unni?” Dara asked as she heard Gummy’s excited voice.

“Yes. Where are you now?”

“Why? I’m at the mall with friends… Is this something urgent?”

“Ne. Find an appliance store and ask them to switch the TV channel to ch 75!”

“W-WAE?” Dara asked as she didn’t notice that her voice is getting louder.

“Just do it, darling!”

“Okay. Hold on…” Dara uttered as she called Bom and CL and told them that they should go to an appliances store…

“Why? We’re still buying something!” Bom said while giving a pair of black pumps on the cashier girl.

“My co-nurse just told me to switch the channel to ch 75. She said it’s important.” Dara uttered. The cashier lady then grabbed a remote control on the drawer below the cashier table and switched the TV channel to 75…

“Thank you Miss!” CL said as they all looked up and watched the video on the screen, and to their surprise, its G-Dragon’s voice… singing!

 

It’s all about you… my butterfly ♪♫♪

Every time I come close to you (every time I’m kissing you)

Feel like I’m gonna dream, every time (I got butterfly) ♪♫♪

Unintentionally, I look at the sky like…

It reminds me of the way you smile…

Specifically your dazzling smile baby! ♪♫♪

My day consists of our romantic drama

It makes me wanna cry and smile no no no 

 

I can’t sleep, I always call your name

I turn my head shyly no matter what…♪♫♪

I like you this much

That I already stopped breathing 

Every time I come close to you… Every time I’m kissing you ♫♪

Feel like I’m gonna dream, every time… I get butterflies

Beautiful girl ♪♪

Unconsciously, I look at the ground like,

 

Fluttering so much at your three-lettered name baby! ♪♫

I’ll heal your one small wound

Because my love is you…♪♫♪

Like a butterfly…

You look for a flower and flutter like a child

Your innocent eyes smile…♫♪

Your body moves like the sky, the sky

Your eyes shine, glimmer

And then I’ve become like this! ♪♪

(You’re the only one girl)

Every time I come close to you… Every time I’m kissing you

Feel like I’m gonna dream, every time… I get butterflies ♫♪

I promise, the things I promise…

We missed each other, and it makes me worry ♪♫

Just knowing the game, it’s all the same

What? It’s this confusing!

Though you can’t trust guys…♪♫♪

Our love can be forever

Why do you push and pull? ♪♫

Can’t you act any more honest?

Look at my eyes, see my eyes…♫♪

See my lips, listen to my heart!

If you can hear it, answer me ♪♫♪

Kiss me on the cheek!

My memories… yes, my heart…♪♪

Yes! That’ll be all I can say

 

If our love continues to blossom a lot,

Then we’ll be unbreakable… trust me.

I’ll make love to you…♫♪

Every time I come close to you… Every time I’m kissing you

Feel like I’m gonna dream, every time…

I get butterflies! ♪♫

Ye! You’re special to me!

Your turn…♪♪

Lalala… lalalalala…♪♫♪

♪♫♪Yeah, MY BUTTERFLY.♪♫♪

“~Omo!” CL’s mouth dropped! Finally they saw the girl G-Dragon oppa is holding hands with in the music video… “The cartoon girl! The cartoon girl, looks exactly like you Dara dear!!!”

“Hello? Gummy unni? Still there?” Dara uttered as she can’t get her eyes off from the TV screen.

“I knew it!! Your friends would also say that the girl on the video and you… you look alike! From head to toe!!! ---- Isn’t it cute?” Gummy unni said enthusiastically. “That’s all I want to show you. I just got amazed by how similar you both look! Anyways, bye! I still need to go to my brother’s house! See you tomorrow!”

“Okay.” Dara said while her focus is totally stolen by the video. She eventually glances at her phone and saw 8 texts from an unknown source. She read it one by one:

 Unknown: Hey. I was just wondering… are you home? 

 Unknown: Please watch TV – channel 75. Something important will be aired at exactly 4:00pm 

 Unknown: Hey… 

 Unknown: Uhmmm… Please reply back 

 Unknown: Belated Happy Birthday… 

 Unknown: That song… it’s for you 

 Unknown: Listen to it. Every word. I mean it… 

 Unknown: This is Ji… 

Dara’s heart fluttered, her cheeks, back to being crimson! Her heart felt like jumping up and down, restless and full of happy hormones! She stared at the TV screen but the video is almost over! She grabbed her phone once more, went to youtube, and searched for “Butterfly – GD”. She watched it again… She finally pauses the video as it showed a falling star on the sky, and GD and the girl are under the night sky, daydreaming and holding hands! She gasped!

This… this part reminds me of… the time I saw him outside the convenient store! The night has never been that beautiful! He captured that perfect moment when the star fell from the sky… and he placed it on his music video? Oh God! PLEASE!!! Help me!! I can’t breathe!! I feel like screaming! This happiness… It feels too good to be true!

CL and Bom are standing in front of Dara, waving their hands in front of her face! She’s out of her mind! They both thought, as they saw Dara standing like a lifeless figurine!

“Yaaah!! I think that’s what you’ve been hiding from us!! Are you and Jiyongie…?” Bom said, but Dara was able to get back to reality as soon as she heard the word “Jiyongie.”

“WHAAAT ---- NOOO!!! What are you talking about? A simple girl like me… how can you possibly think that Jiyongie will fall for me?? That’s madness!” Dara contradicted what Bom said, but she wasn’t able to look at both of the girls in the eyes…

“I know when you are lying or not! And what is that I see on your cheeks??” Bom uttered. Dara immediately went to the nearest mirror she could find and glanced at herself…

“There’s nothing wrong with my cheeks! What are you saying??”

“You’re blushing!! *chuckles* I think she doesn’t need to say that she likes GD oppa! We already know that!” CL laughed as she looked at Bom and they both giggled!

“What? Who says I like him?”

“Your face dear! It’s written all over it!”

~*---*~

Annyeong! ^_^ I'm so sorry for posting this late... Hope you'll like this chapter! I love this!! I found pictures that really resembled Dara and 'butterfly' ^-^ they look absolutely alike don't you think? ^-^* Have a nice day! 

~tabi3sj~