FAILED SURPRISE

CHASING DREAMS

"What's with the long face?" Bom asked as soon as she saw Dara opening the door for her. It is a cold winter night and Bom just got home from work. She feels tired from hearing such a disappointing past from the person she considers as her brother-slash-mentor and of course, from driving on a long, cold, snowy road. But when she looked at her cousin's face, it seems like she is the one who went out and worked the whole day---She's colder than he falling snow...

Bom entered the house, shaking off the snowflakes that fell on her shoulders. She then kissed her cousin's cheek as she held her cold hands, feeling worried on the way Dara looks right now as she continued, "What happened tokki? You seem so... bothered by something."

"Nothing..." Dara replied dryly, her voice colder than the falling snow. She actually doesn't know why she feels a bit off about everything today. "look...Nothing's really happened. I'm just tired--That's all." She really is tired too---mentally tired. She's tired of thinking about everything---from thinking about what she should do about the 'Jiyongie issue,' and how to control her feelings towards the matter. She feels helpless now. She kept controlling all the good feeling because of the thought of feeling hurt once again.

"You know, stop thinking about him already! It makes me go nuts too---So stop it! Do you hear me?" Bom suddenly rolled her eyes and blurted as if she heard Dara's thoughts and continued, "We have a lot more things to talk about! And speaking of which, what's taking that brat so long to park my turtle?"

"What?! You saw each other today? *eyebrows creased* H-how? Where...?" Dara asked astoundingly, her head began to ache. "well, your brother still has tons of explaining to do! I almost had a heart attack! I even choked on my own tongue!" Bom uttered as she forgot to breathe, trying to tell her cousin everything in one sentence.

"What exactly happened?! Did he do something Illegal?" Dara asked worriedly and by the look on her face, she appears to be ready to punch his own brother if she finds out that he did something unacceptable! Now I'm really feeling ill! Dara thought as her insides suddenly started to feel sick and weakness is starting to eat up all her energy. Sweat continuously comes out from her hands as she suddenly felt anxious on what could Seungri have done wrong this time! She was about to ask what incident Bom is pertaining to, when she heard Seungri's voice joining the commotion.

"WHAT?! NO! What are you guys talking about? Bommie Noona is just overreacting! l did not do anythIng illegal! I.. l just... Ughh! *mumbles* this was supposed to be a surprise! l was accepted at YGE, okay?! That's what really happened! Now tell me, is that a bad news? Why does it sound like I did the worst crime in history?!" Seungri asked as he felt a bit pissed when Bom Noona exaggeratedly reacted that way. Dara's eyes grew bigger! was wide open too, couldn't process how to react on what she just found out. She glanced at Bom, trying to figure out if Seungri and Jiyongie somehow had an encounter and talked about her, but she couldn't see any answer on her cousin's disappointed expression. "Hey! Why isn't anyone talking anymore? And Bom noona is now acting as if l betrayed her, when in fact, l did it because l thought she'll be proud of me somehow. But look at how she reacted! Don't tell me, you too feel the same way!"

Seungri couldn't take anymore of the drama Bom is showing from the moment she saw him at YGE until now. He held onto his forehead as he shook his head in disbelief. "This is unfair!"

"S-s-so... you're now a YG Baby? that's why you left CL and me earlier?" Crap! What did I say? l couldn't believe myself right now! I don't sound happy about the great news! Focus Dara! What's happening to you?

'Yeah! Isn't it awesome?" Seungri happily exclaimed. And then Dara's question popped again into his head... "Wait, whaaat?? ls that all you can say?" Seungri asked as he couldn't believe that he can't see any happiness in his Noona when she heard about what he thought will turnout to be good news! ''Aren't you proud of me? Tsssss... I couldn't believe how you two are acting right now!"

Dara is now instantly snapped back to reality as she saw how disappointed Seungri is. Apparently, she was thinking still of Jiyong's hipnotizing smile and his gorgeous jaw-line, and his soft lips, and his sweet smirk-----Everything about Jiyong invaded Dara's mind like a virus that the good news Seungri just said didn't went into her preoccupied brain! She just couldn't control it anymore---She misses him. She then forced a smile as she uttered, "Oh, I'm sorry Riri... Of course, of course I'm proud of my brother! l was just a bit... a bit surprised." Dara answered as she chuckled, hoping that her laughter would somehow cover up for what she really is thinking of. l have to think straight! No more Ji thoughts, okay Dara? Your brother's now one step closer to his dream! Don't make him feel bad because of reacting differently from what he is expecting! Do this for Seungri! Dara thought as she hugged her brother.

"You don't seem surprised at all." Seungri disappointedly muttered.

"And why is our Bom here reacting this way? I don't get why you are so pissed!" Dara asked, ignoring what her brother just said and shifts the attention to that red-haired, long-legged girl. Bom on the other hand rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms.

"Aren't you mad that he kept this a secret to us?" Bom finally blurted.

"There's nothing to be mad about! Or... are you just afraid that l might be more popular than you?" Seungri teased as he smirked evilly at Bom.

"Shut up brat! You're not even starting yet, and that's how you are treating people around you now?! Oh Please!"

"Stop it you two! That is not the right way to react towards a happy event! Hmmm... You know what I think? l think there's still something else you're both not telling me... something unpleasant happened earlier at YGE, am I right?" Dara gave an intriguing stare that made the two uncomfortable because Dara's hunch was right. When Seungri saw Jiyongie earlier, he almost punched the guy's face! But right now, inside the Park's house, no one dared to open that topic. Bom doesn't want to ruin Jiyongie's image on Dara's eyes... at least not because of her. But she is expecting that Seungri would open up at any moment now because he doesn't keep secrets to his Noona - not ever. But why isn't he saying something about what really happened? what could be stopping him now? Bom thought as she quietly sat like a behaved young lady. She suddenly had an idea and spoke, "Tokki, Ah-l feel hungry... Can you cook us dinner?"

"Huh? Haven't you eaten yet?" Dara asked as she felt alarmed and worried. It's already 12 midnight, and yet they still haven't had dinner! "why didn't you say so? Okay. So what would you like me to cook for you?"

''A-Anything! l suddenly feel hungry too!" Seungri blurted too as he turned the TV on. It appears that Bom and he have the same thing in mind...

"O-Okay." Dara replied as she stood up, giving a why-do-they-want-to-ge-rid-of-me glare as she went to the kitchen anyways. Bom and Seungri are now left at the living room. Suddenly, they both felt relieved as Bom decided to start the conversation. 

"Finally! You can now tell me what's going on!! You never spoke to me the whole time we are on the car, you never told us your bad history with Jiyongie, and you didn't tell Dara about what really happened! What's wrong?!" Bom asked as soon as Dara was out of sight.

"What do you mean 'what's wrong'? l should be asking you that! l should be the one angry at you now! You chose to be 'On that Evil's side!" Seungri uttered as he crossed his arms and legs at the same time, giving an angry stare at his Bom noona.

"I'm not taking sides here! l just listened to his story... and he happened to tell me the truth! Why didn't you tell Dara about that? The Park's are all good at hunches and you know that! Just look at how Dara guessed it right!" Bom whispered.

"Noona has lots of problems right now..." Seungri muttered as he glanced at his sister who is busy cooking food. "I don't want to look like l added more burdens to her. Besides, l can handle this myself so I'm asking you to keep this a secret. Can I count on you?" Seungri replied as he raised an eyebrow, waiting for Bom Noona's response.

"Of course I won't tell." Bom whispered back as she thought, Yeah, if you would only know how your sister feels about jiyongie right now... It would kill your enormous ego! Why am l suddenly feeling that we 3 are starting to grow far apart from each other because of this keeping-secrets thing? Why did this keeping-secrets-from-each-other ever started? I'm gonna kill Jiyongie If he won't be able to fix this as soon as possible! "Anyway, about the way l acted earlier, I'm sorry brat... I was just really shocked to see you there! And I admit, l have never seen YG appa being so proud of a talent before!"

"So you're saying, you got jealous of the way Sajangnim treated me earlier? *chuckles* is that it? The reason why you are acting this way is because you are jealous?" Seungri paused as Bom nodded in embarrassment. Seungri suddenly felt a lot more proud of himself.

"I knew it! I knew that it was the reason of your weird reaction!" Seungri grinned as he laughed, feeling a bit happy about Bom's revelation.

"~YAAH!! Don't get easily excited by that! You don't know YG appa yet! And if you get to know him more, you'll agree with everybody... he is creepy!" Bom blurted as she felt that Seungri's head is getting a little bit bigger.

"okay. I won't be like this anymore." Seungri exclaimed as he chuckled and finally painted a sweet smile on his face. He then asked what he has been itching to ask his Noona a while ago, "Uhmm... so, what did the evil prince tell you? how can you say that he is telling the truth?"

''He told me what happened 2 years ago... That he bullied you." Bom replied as she pouted and bowed her head. Honestly, Bom felt that Jigong really is an assh*le for doing such kind of bullying to her cousin, but she couldn't blame Jiyong's teenage brain for she knows how talented and brainy Seungri is. Every single person would be intimidated once they see what brilliant things Seungri has to offer...

"And what is your opinion about what he did to me? l told you... he is horrible!" Seungri uttered as if he went back to that moment when Jiyong bullied him to stop him from auditioning, for he looked depressed with an i-am-stupid-for-trusting-that-guy expression.

"You really wanna know my opinion on that huh? well if you ask me, at first... it's kind of disappointing to hear that he has done that to you... BUT we are all grown-ups now! Especially you... You are childish when we are all on a joking mood, but honestly when it comes this kind of matter, I know you are mature enough to know that people sometimes feel insecure and frightened whenever they meet their competition face to face. Jiyongie just got afraid that you'll be able to steal everything from him. And l can tell by the expression on his eyes earlier that he is sorry for what he did! So... will you forgive him if he asks for your forgiveness?" the room became silent all of a sudden. All they can hear now is the sizzling of the food Dara's cooking. Bom is beside her cousin as she waits for him to answer. Seungri on the other hand, still feels hurt. its as if the incident just happened yesterday----that's how fresh it is for poor Ri. Finally, he now managed to speak.

"I don't know... what he did to me was pretty... harsh!" Seungri said as he stared blankly on the TV screen as if the TV is showing him flashbacks of what happened 2 years ago.

"You can't avoid him forever! *sigh* Remember---when we go back to YGE tomorrow morning, You'll see him again and you know what's worse? That YG appointed him to be your mentor! Don't tell me that you'll say no to YG's orders? that's so unprofessional!" Bom uttered as she tried her best to help Jiyong fix his problem with Dara's brother. Awhile ago, She told Jiyong that no matter what happens, she'll stay on Seungri's side, but she just felt that right now, this is the smartest thing to do. Meanwhile, Seungri was about to answer to Bom's request when Dara suddenly appeared and happily blurted, "midnight-dinner time!"

~*---*~

Bom, Dara and Seungri were finally done eating while chatting about how Seungri got accepted at YGE. Finally, Seungri got the reaction he wanted----to make both of his Noonas proud of him. They laughed, teased each other and finally felt tired as they finished washing the dishes and decided to go to their rooms and have a good night's sleep.

"I love You Ri, goodnight." Dara smiled as she kissed her tired-looking-brother's forehead. "l promise, we'll celebrate your victory as soon as I have time, okay? For now, take some rest so you'll be pumped up tomorrow!"

"Ne." Seungri weakly replied as he reached for the door, dragging his feet as he went inside. Meanwhile, Bom and Dara were left outside as Bom walked towards her room while texting, not knowing that Dara is following her.

"And why are you here? As I remember, your room is the first door right next to the stairwell! Or did you deccide to switch rooms with me without permission?! OH! I'M SORRY! I should sleep to your room then!" Bom sarcasticlly burted as she stood up and went by the door. She then stopped and squinted her eyes at her cousin who is now pacing back and forth on the small space on Bom's bedroom as if she didn't hear anything. Dara then quietly sat at the edge of Bom's bed as she finally felt dizzy.

"Don't you feel sleepy? Or is your nose feeling quite itchy that you need to ask me something because if you don't, you would'nt be able to sleep??" Bom asked.

"Wow! You really are a Park!" Dara smiled trying to pull out a joke but she failed---her cousin is not smiling, with a dead-serious expression painted on her face. She continued, "Well, I just want to know... did... Did Jiyongie tell Seungri about what we agreed on?"

Bom's mouth dropped in awe---Seriously? That name came out of ... Again?! Bom couldn't hold any longer! "Gosh, Dara! You're agitated because of that? You really can't stop thinking about Jiyong, can't you? I can't believe that you're still thinking about him! How many times have I heard his name coming out from your in-denial mouth?! I bet he still corrupts your mind even while sleeping! You really are in love and you can't deny it now!" Bom uttered as she still can't get over her cousin's craziness. "Nothing! He never told anyone about the 'deal' okay? ls your mind at peace now? Can I go to sleep now?! Can I at least sit if you don't mind!? I think you need to sleep now too before I could hear another 'Jiyong' from You!"

''Fine!" That's aIl Dara can say right now as she slammed Bom's door. Somehow, she realized that Bom is actually right---She hasn't thought of anything aside from Jiyongie. This is because of that stupid rose! That pathetic poem! This is his fault! What am I going to do? Should l just go with it? Dara thought as she finally walked straight to her door with her mind still in outer space swimming on an ocean of Jiyongie thoughts.

She then opened her room door, getting ready to close her eyes and sleep. Dara's senses were suddenly awakened by an elegant aroma. Different types of relaxing scents filled her nose. She the lights, and with so much shock, she dropped to let out a scream but gladly, nothing came out! She covered , trying to not wake Seungri up... She widened her eyes to see if any of this is real as she tried opening and closing her eyelids until she feIt nauseated. She almost walked out of her own room, thinking that she entered the wrong place! She saw heaven being brought inside her room! Daisies, tulips, crisahthemums, orchids, sunflowers, carnations, lilies, and ten other different types of the most beautiful flowers are neatly arranged in colorful vases which occupied every space on her bedside table, cabinet, shelf and desk! How is this possible? Am l dreaming? Hallucinating? Arghh! l think I need to see a psych doctor! Dara thought as she touched the smooth petal of the sunflower near her. Oh this is absolutely not a dream! this is real, alright.

She looked around----there has been no change done. All her things are still on its place, incIuding the bowl of soup with a now cotton-looking crouton soaked in it. She sat on her bed, still astonished, seeing a growing greenhouse all over the place. And then her eyes were stolen by a sound of crumpling paper when she leaned on her headboard. she looked around and there she saw a yellow post-it sticking at the right portion of the headboard she was leaning on.

Dara grabbed it and read:

what else don't you like?

you said you don't like roses so... here you go ma'am...

NO roses as promised...:)

"And how exactly did he manage to put all of these in my room?" Dara asked as she sat at the edge of her bed. "And to think that it's now snowing, and he managed to preserve all of these in here?" Dara mumbled to herself as she felt her cheeks getting warmer, so as her toes and fingernails! All the warmth in her cheeks started to travel, crawling on different parts of her body despite the cold weather---A smile could'nt be controlled from forming at the corners of her lips now. She is amazed at how one boy can make her feel a hundred different types of good emotions all at the same time! He couldn't possibly done this by himself could he?! Maybe he asked his bodyguards to do this! Maybe he didn't really go here... Maybe he just got this... delivered?! Dara asked herself as her mind itched in curiosity. She then went near her window and pushed it, trying to open it wide preparing to see at least the shadow of a bodyguard, or a glimpse of a deliveryman's sillhouette... but instead,she heard a loud gasp followed by what seems to be a shriek...

 "Whoa-ah-Aaaahhhhh!" A familiar voice of a man was suddenly heard coming from outside her window. She stopped pushing, trying to analyze where that voice comes from. Then she saw, hanging on a steel metal ladder was a boy with a very handsome face... a boy who captured her heart. A boy... who is in danger at this very moment because of spying on her room and is balancing himself on the now dancing ladder, probably sick for staying outside too long for his cheeks look rosy but his lips are chapped and are almost blue...

"Jigongie!" Dara whispered, almost in a screaming manner! "What the hell are you doing out there?!"

"Please! Ask questions later! Ah-l need help!" Jiyong whispered as he continued balancing himself on the ladder. Dara grabbed the ladder where Jiyong's hands were positioned, as she pulled the ladder towards her, making both of their noses touch each other... They were once again frozen as they felt all of their nerves getting out of control! Jigongie forgot that he almost died from falling off from an unsturdy ladder that happened to be leaning on one side of Dara's window as he is now controlled by this happiness flowing all inside his veins. Dara badly wants to kiss him as her eyes glimmered. She couldn't get her eyes off of his dark eyes, smooth, glowing skin and his cherry lips which are now bluish because of the snow. Please, will someone stop me from thinking about kissing him! But his lips are chaped. If only I could help him get it warm... UGHH. WHAT AM I THINKING?! STOP IT DALONG!! STOP. STOP. STOP!!! Dara thought as she continued staring at his deliciously inviting lips.

Jiyongie on the other hand, looks as mesmerized as Dara. He is thinking the same way--- he wants to kiss her! He just wants to feel her warmth, longing to ease the coldness his body feels from staying outside for too long. But when Dara saw Jiyong going near as he closes his eyes, she pushed him as Jiyong started struggling again that made Dara's heart beat fast out of worry that he might fall because of what she just did! She got hold of him once more, as she grabbed Jiyong's arm, forcefully pulling him towards her! Jiyong's hand slipped from the ladder, as the ladder fell flat on the ground. Fortunately, he managed to hold onto the ledge on Dara's window, making him hang there like a monkey! Dara panicked, as she placed all of her strength in pulling Jiyong inside her room. They both fell on the floor...