WARM DECEMBER NIGHT

CHASING DREAMS

CHAPTER 36: WARM DECEMBER NIGHT

It is a bright and sunny morning… The sky is amazingly perfect, almost like an oil canvas painted on my windowpane! I walked towards my room window, trying to catch the sunlight and feel its warmth touching my face… What picturesque scenery! My head still aches, I can feel it! The alcohol’s effect must’ve sunk in just now… But I don’t know why I just feel happy today… I opened my window and finally spread my arms into the air, welcoming the sunlight inside my soul… This feels great! I suddenly want to jump outside my room window because I feel like I can fly! I closed my eyes and feel the wind brushing my face that now feels warm because of the beam of sunlight perfectly tickling my cheeks… I breathed deeply, inhaling the most wonderful scent I have ever encountered in my entire life! This is not the aroma of fresh air, but I recognize this kind of scent --- during a concert… at a café… inside the cinema… This scent is invading my entire body slowly, and it makes my nose tingle! I suddenly felt ticklish! Haha… my nose feels itchy! What is this? I carefully opened my eyes as I tried to look at the tip of my nose…

Butterflies.

I saw a yellow butterfly, comfortably landing on my nose! Hi --- I told them, as yellow butterflies started going near me as if it can all carry me outside… they landed perfectly on my hands and my hair, making it all look like a crown above my head as I welcomed them with open arms… Wait. It is saying something… What? It’s encouraging me to put my feet at the edge of my window and just… jump? I took a deep breath once more, and finally prepared myself to step out and fly! I felt I am ready… I can do this! I’ll jump! I’ll let the butterflies carry me! I’ll let them teach me how to fl ----

~Knock*Knock*

Wow! If this is Bom, she’s definitely a mood crusher! I’m at the middle of a fairy tale and someone suddenly decides to shoo all the whimsical clouds above my head away! Dara thought as she stretched but she can’t open her eyes yet! Groggily, she spoke…

“Who… who is it?”

“Duh! Who else?! Can I come in?”

“I knew it!” Dara uttered as she caressed her aching head with her right hand. “Come in, Bom-tori. What is it? You know what... I shouldn’t be underestimating you! Ughh… Perfect timing in interrupting my cute dream!”

“What are you talking about?” Bom asked as she grabbed the door knob but it’s locked! “Hey! Your door’s locked! Move your lazy and open the door!”

Dara is still so tired to get up and leave her bed. She felt her body is too heavy that she can’t even move! Her tummy feels funny – it is heavier than any other parts of her body! Maybe she drank too much that her liver grew 4 inches thicker! She carefully opened her eyes but she can’t open her eyes wide enough to see everything because the reflection from the window is blinding her! She was about to rub her eyes with both hands but something heavy prevented her to do so…

She blurrily looked at the window and saw what has been blinding her eyes – White snow lay on the frame of her window as she finally realized, yes. In reality, this is the ‘Christmas mood’ saying hi to me! But in my dream… the sun is so bright and pleasant. It shined perfectly, giving me the proper amount of warmth I need right now that it’s winter… I miss summer’s warmth! She thought as she now glanced blurrily at her body, and her eyes were immediately awakened! Even if the immaculately white snow hurts her twinkling eyes, she finally was able to see what’s blocking her arms! --- An arm! A firm, smooth, tattooed arm! It is comfortably hugging her body covered with her pink quilt! She turns around and to her surprise; Jiyongie is soundly asleep beside her, smiling like a baby being visited by an angel in his dream! O-O-OTTOKAE? Please! Let this be a dream! I need to wake up now! Dara thought as she shuts her eyes and slaps her cheeks real hard! OUCH! THAT HURTS! She thought as her insides screamed, unable to figure out what to do…

“Tokki!” Bom yelled. She twists the door knob repeatedly, as Dara tries to wake pretty-boy-Ji beside her, but he is really in deep sleep! “Yeeeeshhhhh! I give up!!! I’ll be back in 15 minutes! If your door is still locked as soon as I come back, I’ll kick your door and bust it open!”

“Ne. I’ll just… I’ll just stretch a little bit more…” Dara answered as she finally lets out a sigh of relief. ~whew! That was close! Good thing the door’s locked! Dara thought as she tries to remember what happened... The last thing I can remember was when I was crying, telling Jiyongie what happened in my past… Everything is foggy in my memory, but I remembered him going near me and he promised to help me forget – I agreed. So he kissed my forehead, and then my lips… and then I passed out! ---- Oh-holy-peppers! He kissed me!! He kissed me!? HE KISSED ME!!! He kissed me, and I just allowed him! Grr! Now, I certainly am an easy girl! How can I be so careless? How can I let myself drink that much and allow him to do anything he wants because I’m wasted?? Dara thought as she finally sits up. Okay.*shakes head* It’s not the time to think about that now… I have to wake this guy up! Dara bites her lip and poked Jiyongie’s cheek, his arm, his ribs, his hips as if Jiyongie has a contagious disease... He still isn’t waking up! She then went near his ear…

“Ji… Jiyongie! Wake up! Wake up, please! Bom’s awake now! If she sees us----“

“Mmmm…” Jiyongie sleepily answered as he blindly reached for Dara’s waist that he might have mistaken as a soft pillow, making Dara forcefully lay on top of him! “Can I sleep some more? I’m cold… I… I still feel tired especially last night… Mmmmm.”

“This is not the time for joking around,*continuously taps Ji’s chest* Jiyongie! Let go! Let go of me!!” Dara whispered in an angry tone! “If you don’t open your eyes in 5 seconds, I’ll… I’ll---“

“That will be great… kiss me? Good morning, baby girl…” Jiyongie grinned as he flustered. He looks like he is trapped in a good dream! Jiyongie doesn’t seem to realize that what he is encountering now… it’s not a dream anymore!

“I swear! If you’ll not open your eyes at the count of 5, I will take back all that we’ve agreed about last night! – Yeah! I can do that! This will be the last, do you hear me? This will be the la---“

“No! I’m… I’m wide awake now!” Jiyongie almost jumped on Dara’s bed as he immediately opened his eyes! He closed his eyes, and opened it once more! ! I’m not dreaming? Oh yeah… *smirks* I fell asleep while watching her sleep! Jiyong remembered as he stretched and yawned.

“It’s… *glances at his Rolex* it’s still 8:00am… Why are you always in a hurry?”

“Didn’t you hear me saying that Bom just knocked!? What if she sees you here? And don’t you have something to do today?” Dara said flashing her extremely-annoyed-face. “Well… what are you staring at!? GET UP! Get up before Bom knocks again!”

~Knock*knock!

“Holy mother of kimchies! I told you she’ll knock again! Oh, what will I do with you???” Dara said as she panicked and felt her knees getting weak! She held onto her aching head and tried to calm herself down as she raised her hands and tried to do meditation. Jiyong smiled, as he felt his heart being on the happiest state seeing the girl he is dreaming to have first thing in the morning…

“TOKKI!”

“Wh-What’s the matter with you Bommie??” Dara uttered nervously. She placed her index finger on her lips and gestured Jiyongie to be quiet. Jiyongie smirked as he nodded and stared at Dara….

“Your morning face is so… cute.” Jiyong whispered as he pouted and smiled like a sweet child!

“Shhhhh!” Dara uttered as she covered Jiyong’s mouth with her other hand.

“What’s with all the rush Bom-taro? If this is not urgent, I’ll strangle you’re precious neck!”

“I don’t care! Open the door! Open the door... NOW!!!”

“Fine! Just.. hang on there! I’ll fix something!” Dara said as she stuttered. She then whispered to Jiyong, “Please! Get up now! PLEASE!”

“Okay. *raises eyebrows* But you have to seal our agreement first!”

“GOSH! Can’t you see? I’m in a hurry now!!! Don’t do this to me! JUSEYOOOO!” Dara pleaded desperately.

“Come on! Just do it… JUSEYOOO!!” Jiyong uttered in the cutest manner as he flashed his gorgeous morning grin and mimicked what Dara just said.

“Fine. What do you want me to do?” Dara asked as she finally gives up. “Just so you know, I hate childish men!”

“Just tell me that you won’t take back what you said.” Jiyong still smiled like a child even if he knows it’ll annoy Dara more. "Noted! Dara hates childish men!"

~BANG! BANG!

“I’m still here! And I can hear you whispering!! Who are you talking to? Is someone else in there?? Open the door, crazy rabbit!” Bom yelled as she knocked on the door loudly…

“W-WAIT! Can’t you just wait??” Dara said as she felt tensed! “Why can’t you just tell me now? What do you want to say? I have ears! I can hear you even with that door closed!”

“NO! It’s about Panda! OPEN THE DOOR, SANDARA PARK!”

~BANG! BANG! BANG!

Bommie continues banging the door even if her knuckles already hurt! Jiyong then whispered, “Well?? Start now before Bom barges in!”

Dara felt more pressured! She has no other choice but to close her eyes, take a deep breath to release all the tension she is feeling now and turn to face Jiyong – he is now looking at his phone as if he is not paying attention to what is happening right now. Dara didn’t care if Jiyongie will listen or not as she whispered calmly, “Okay… *gasps* Yes. We agreed that you’ll help me. You’ll help me forget my past, and I allowed you to act as my… *pauses* Arghhhh… FINE! My ‘special friend’! Is that okay for you? I’ve said it already! NOW, MOVE!”

“Wait. Tell me that you won’t take back what you said. *smirks* this is a negotiation! It has to be officially sealed like signing a contract! All you have to do is state your name and look into my eyes. Tell me you won’t take back what you said…”

“Aishhhhhht! You’re making things complicated!! Why now??? *sigh~ GRR… FINE! Ah-I… I, Sandara Park, won’t take back everything I said, and… I’ll-do-what-has-been-agreed-by-Mr.-G-Dragon-and-yours-truly. Is that okay for you now?” Dara stated as fast as she could and flustered, remembering the sweet kiss that hasn’t left her lips. She can still feel Jiyong’s lips pressed on hers as she didn’t realize that she is now staring at his marvellous lips! Why does his lip look like cherry candies? It looks so soft and tempting… and to think that he just woke up?? How can he have such drop-dead-gorgeous lips?

“Good!” Jiyong uttered as he pressed something on his phone…

“What did you just do???” Dara asked as her eyes squinted. Her attention was suddenly caught by Jiyong’s weird actions…

“I recorded it on my phone in case you’ll break the deal. I can sue you for not cooperating with me! I have proof!” Jiyong smirked and bit his lip as he got up, scratched his head and finally asks, “Now… where will I hide?”

~*---*~

Bom finally was able to get inside Dara’s room. She went closer to Dara’s bed, but she almost slipped! She stepped on a leather jacket scattered on the floor! She then looked around – Dara’s clothes are all on the floor as if a tornado just whooshed inside Dara’s closet and threw all her clothes everywhere! “What happened to your clothes!?” Bom asked as she picked up Dara’s clothes one by one… “This is totally not you! Here… let me put all of these back inside your closet….”

“NOOOO!” Dara yelled as she ran towards her closet. “The-there’s a bug in here! A very huge bug that I can’t squish because you kept on banging my door!” Dara blurted as she stuttered and continued blocking the closet door. She suddenly held tight on her throbbing head! Ughh! Jiyongie is so annoying right now! He recorded what I said just so he can hold something against me if I’ll try to break our agreement? He’s annoying --- but that was actually clever! I must say, I’m kind of impressed! Just you wait Jiyongie… I’ll think of a plan to get back at you! You’ll pay for this! Dara thought as she suddenly smirked devilishly and her cheeks flustered crimson…

“Earth-calling-Tokki! Uhh… Hellooooow! ~Hul! You’re not my Tokki anymore!” Bom pouted as her eyes grew bigger and she shakes her head. “I said, I can help you kill that bug!! What is it by the way? If it’s a spidey, I can’t kill it for you!” Bom uttered but Dara is still immobilized!

Bom then placed her hands in front of her now opened mouth, astounded by Dara’s peculiar reactions! “Okay. I surrender! I can’t do anything about you’re weirdness anymore! Just, please listen to me carefully… I have to ask you something…”

“Ask away! Since you sound so serious and it seems urgent, go ahead! TALK!” Dara said as she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms on her chest while leaning her back on her closet…

“Do you want to tell me something?” Bom’s expression suddenly changed – she grinned, her eyes glistening in curiosity. “Ask me anything! Aren’t you confused about anything?”

“WHAT? You wake me up just to ask me that? I don’t get it!”

“Look outside your window.” Bom smiled once more as she pushed her cousin, forcing her to go near her bedroom window. “Whose snowy car is that?”

“Oh… *pauses* Trixie.” Dara muttered as she stared at the white Porsche now covered in snow, parked beside their gate.

“Who’s Trixie? I never knew you had a friend named Trixie!” Bom laughed as she grinned. “You know, I’ll just tell this to you straight – I know the person who owns that car!”

“Really? Well, He doesn’t live here, that’s for sure! So you know him? Hmmm… introduce me! I’m anxious to meet him!” Dara said sarcastically. Deep inside, she felt relieved and thankful that her mind is thinking fast even if it is still early in the morning! Bom on the other hand, laughed loudly as she finds Dara’s sarcastic words to be very defensive…

“Oh, don’t pretend that you don’t know the guy! I caught you already! You said… ‘HIM’!!! I just said I know the car’s owner! I never said the owner’s gender! Hahahaha… My instinct is right! Jiyongie was here last night!!” Bom beamed as she clapped her hands in excitement! “That’s the car he always brings at YGE!”

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say! But no one’s here anymore… *yawns* so can you just… let me sleep now? It’s my day off from work, and you’re ruining my rest day!”

“You’re not going to sleep again, rabbit lady! You’ll not sleep until you tell me what happened! Even if you are with Jiyongie or whoever last night, it’s still not pleasant for a lady to go home late!!!” Bom blurted as she suddenly smelled something… “What’s that?? EEEEEW! You got yourself drunk?? Oh my!! NOW I REALLY HAVE TO KNOW EVERYTHING! I demand you tell me now, before I’ll let Seungri force everything out of your tightly-shut mouth!”

“You don’t want to do that, Bommie! Don’t bring Seungri into this!” Dara said as she finally felt nervous and afraid. She loves Seungri so much, that she doesn’t want him to be involved in any of Dara’s heart problems anymore… to Dara, even if Jiyong is not her heart’s problem, YET… He soon will be, because that’s how every relationship work! It starts making you insanely happy… but in the end, it’ll make a person insanely… DEPRESSED.

“Too late cuzzy! He’s the one who asked me about that car! And he said he saw you with someone last night! He was looking at the both of you from his room window, but he just felt so tired and sleepy last night that’s why he ran out of strength to open the door for you! He’s just relieved that he saw you outside yesterday! He worried about you and waited for you the whole night!” Bom said.

“W-What’d you tell Ri-Ri? Oh, what have I done!?”

“Relax. I covered it up for you… I told him it was someone from your work. It’s his birthday and you celebrated with him and some colleagues… and luckily, that stupid brat believed me!”

“Fine! So I have to be thankful that you did that? Well, let me sleep for 30 more minutes. Give me another 30 minutes for my bathing time, and then I’ll tell you everything! Just promise me something… don’t tell Seungri about everything that I’ll share with you later!! Tell him, or you’ll be out of this house before you know it!”

“How dare you kick me out of our house?” Bom pouted as she went near the door. “Okay. I’ll give you an hour. ONLY AN HOUR, clear? You know what, since I’m going to the café later to meet Chae-Chae, why don’t we just meet there too?”

“That’ll be more… convenient!” Dara said as she finally smiled and pushed her cousin out of her room. Bom stared at Dara, suspiciously gazing her doll eyes. “Gosh! Don’t worry! I already gave you my word! You know I always keep my promise! I’ll tell you everything! Don’t be mad at me now, okay? I just need more sleep, that’s all.”

“Okay.”

~*---*~

“Shyeeeet. Your cousin is really nosy!” Jiyongie blurted as he stepped out of Dara’s closet and sat back at the edge of the bed, fanning himself because he felt like suffocating.

“So, what happened last night? ~Omo!* did something happen… I mean, did anything happen on this bed?” Dara uttered as she embarrassedly stared at her clothes and to the surroundings… Her heart almost jumped at the thought of sleeping beside Jiyongie, but she shook that thought away and stared at what she’s wearing – Good. I’m still wearing the clothes I wore last night… ~Whew* that means nothing happened!

[Flashback]

“Stay beside me…”

“What?” Jiyong asked as he parked the car on an empty lot beside the Park’s house…

“Stay beside me…” Dara said as her droopy eyes tried to glance at him. She looks calm now, but her eyes are sore and her heart is still broken… “I’m afraid… I know that when I close my eyes, I’ll see Minho’s face again. I can still see him clearly… What happened earlier, it is painted inside my head too perfectly.”

Jiyong almost crushed his nails on the car’s manoeuvre. His teeth are clenched as he finds it very hard to be competing with someone who seems to be tattooed on Dara’s heart forever… His heart was suddenly bruised by hearing those words. So this is what I am going to deal with every time I see her? I guess it’s better than to not be with her at all… Jiyong thought to comfort himself and to feel less sad…

They carefully made light steps toward the gate as Jiyong assisted tipsy Dara on walking towards their house. She blindly grabbed the keys inside her bag and opened the gate. Suddenly, the window on the upper right corner of their house was switched on and as Jiyong glanced up, he saw Seungri stretching his arms while yawning! He immediately bowed and tried to hide behind a bush which is just beside the gate. ~whew! He finally turns the lights in his room off! They eventually advanced to the front door and inside. Everything is pitch dark --- Jiyong couldn’t see anything! He is trying to stare at one corner of the house just to help his eyes adjust on the room’s darkness. Suddenly, he felt his hand getting warmer as Dara pulled him closer to her…

“Sshhhhh! I think someone’s still awake! Stay close!” Dara said as she gestured Jiyongie to be quiet. She held onto Jiyong’s hand tightly, as Jiyong couldn’t control his emotions anymore --- he smiled sweetly, somehow satisfied about their agreement. He felt alive and hopeful again! Feeling Dara’s hand is all it takes to make him forget about the real purpose of why he is staying inside their house tonight. All he thinks about now is this kind of comforting feeling – the feeling of falling in love…

They immediately went upstairs and into Dara’s room as soon as Dara saw that no sight of Bommie nor Seungri is lurking around the house anymore. “It’s a bit messy here, mian.” Dara said as she tipsily went to her bed at the centre of the room and lay down.  

“Your room is actually not messy.” Jiyong uttered as he asked, “Is this you?” Jiyong smiled as he pointed at a picture frame on the wall. In it was a little girl riding a horse, smiling innocently. He smiled to himself, finding Dara’s childhood picture to be the most adorable thing he has ever seen in his life!

He stared at the picture for a while. Can I see her smiling like that again? He thought as he suddenly realized that the entire room is so silent. He then remembered he asked Dara about the picture, but she didn’t reply back! He glanced at Dara’s bed --- she’s now sleeping like a doll again! I never thought I can see this beauty again… And now, I’ll be able to see her often. I’ll be able to watch her eat, sleep, work, cook… But even if everything seems to be within my reach now, why do I feel like crying? He asked himself as he couldn’t help but feel sad about the thought of staying in her room just because Dara couldn’t forget that freak’s face…

“Ji… Jiyongie.” Dara suddenly mumbled with eyes still closed. Jiyong thought Dara was already asleep but she’s just steady like a log for she is so dizzy to even open her eyes.  “I can’t sleep. Lay down beside me… Please... Ji…”

Jiyong did what Dara has requested without saying a word. He lay down, carefully measuring the distance between them so that she won’t feel that Jiyong is taking advantage of her drunk self…

“No. Come near… I need a hug.” Dara softly uttered as she pulled Jiyong’s blazer towards her and Jiyong did exactly what he was told to do. He placed Dara’s head on his arm and hugged her tight, as he whispered, “sleep now, baby girl…”

It is 5:00 in the morning now. It started snowing, but Jiyong is still wide awake. He felt his heart getting warmer despite the cold weather as he continued watching over his butterfly. He kept on thinking about everything that happened and if all of this is right. He felt that the word ‘use’ is the proper term to call this agreement, but that word felt wrong…when people hear that a person is being used, they all say it is bad. But how come, everything I feel right now seems right… My heart tells me that it is the right thing to do… Jiyong thought as he continued humming a lullaby while tapping Dara’s back gently to help her sleep even more…

[End of Flashback]

“Haha! Of course not! You brought me here! You told me to help you sleep because you can’t stop thinking about him…” Jiyong’s smile suddenly faded as he uttered those words. He stopped talking. So this is how love feels… she is right. I got hurt... Jiyong thought as he sighed. He still feels sad, but he continued narrating what happened...

“We sneaked in and locked the door just to make sure that no one will see us together in one room. I watched you sleep as you requested… that’s it! I didn’t even realize that I fell asleep beside you. I’m sorry.”

“D-Did I really… *bites nails* demand you to sleep beside me?” Dara asked as she felt stupid. She didn’t even mind what Jiyongie just said! Those were the only words stuck on her head now… I really don’t like how this agreement works! It makes me feel guilty! I don’t want to hurt an innocent man! This is not right… I want to cry! I don’t want to see him getting hurt! Dara thought as she frowned and covered her face with a pillow. “I told you you'll get hurt! Can we just… forget about what happened last night? I can’t do this…”

“What? I can’t understand you…”

“I said… I don’t want to do this agreement… thing! I can’t! Let’s not see each other anymore…” Dara finally removed the pillow on her face as she spoke, but she wasn’t able to look at Jiyongie’s face for she now feels extremely guilty. “I know you got hurt when I asked you to sleep beside me because I’m afraid to sleep alone with Minho inside my mind.”

“I’m not hurt… Why would I be? I’m the one who suggested this! I’m the one who thought of this idea! Believe me… I don’t get hurt easily.” Jiyong smiled sweetly as he laughed. Deep inside him, last night was actually the first time he felt his heart being stricken by lightning bolts! But he is still willing to pursue his plan. Maybe… I can make you fall for me. Just let me do this… If nothing happens, I won’t blame you Dara… everything is my decision. Every pain that I’ll feel will be my entire fault…

“I hurt someone without even knowing I did it! I’m sorry. Sorry for being wasted in front of you. Sorry for saying stupid things…”

“Don’t worry too much okay?” Jiyongie smiled once more as he stood and went near Dara's dresser.  He then said, “Aren’t you wondering why we always bump into each other? We always see each other even if we didn’t mean to meet up! Maybe this is the reason for all that. Maybe… I’m destined to be ‘the instrument.’ Maybe, it is meant for you to use me…”

~*---*~

Annyeong! ^-^*~

Hi @BAOZIJaeGuk! I just wanna tell you that I couldn't stop smiling like this ^__________________^ as soon as I saw your comment! Thanks for reading and appreciating my story! ^-^*~ I hope you'll never get tired reading my story! The next chapters will be more exciting (hopefully I'll be able to meet everyone's expectations! I'll do my best *fingers crossed*) ^^

@aeiya-luvs-u Chingooo-ah~~~ I thought I'll be able to see you this week. TT.TT Why did you postpone your plans? TT.TT When will you visit me here in Manila? Please, let it be soon-ER! I'll be reading the next chapter of your story... right about - NOW! ^^* 

Oh! Anyways, before I do that, @aeiya-luvs-u... I got extremely sad when I saw GD and Kiko's picture with grimezs (DJ) After GD posted a pic of him and grimezs, days later... kiko posted a picture with grimezs too... I'm not against kiko. but, It just affects my 'writing-mood' :((

Okay. scratch that. I posted this... and then GD suddenly posted somethng about 'OVERTHINKING' so I realized... yeah. maybe I am over thinking. Haha. ^^ I'm sorry. don't hate me for being myself. \/m

~*tabi3sj*~